PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 50515253545556

Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Besides garth had said if you want to start over on pf3 then go for it if you don't want to you don't have to
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

Wall of text, open at your own risk

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

The new site is happening because of the poor design for the current one, yes. But, thanks to the new site, there is a chance to fix the economy, and work on a permanent fix as well.
You can't permanently fix it, the only way you're achieving that is if you assign a fixed value to things, we had that on PF1, people didn't like it which is why we never had it here.

You may have spent all that money, but you weren't forced to. Yet, you spent it because you enjoy the site, so why would you not find it enjoyable to play the site purely because you couldn't start the new site with everything you own? Why must you have everything you can have to enjoy the site? What would you do if you finished these new quests, or didn't enjoy them, or were bored because you already had everything?
It's a good thing I never once claimed to have been forced to, isn't it? I said I spent the money to support a site I enjoy, I wouldn't find it enjoyable because there's absolutely zero reason to be forced to start from scratch due to the reason why a new site has to be made. What would I do? I'd continue to do what I've been doing for the past 2 or so years, work towards having a complete melan living Dex.

Starting fresh gives the economy a chance to fix, and gives more stuff to do, meaning a longer lifespan for the new site to actually have an active playerbase. Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I mean? Wouldn't you rather know there is stuff for you to do that you'll enjoy?
Making people repeat stuff they've already done, doesn't equal more stuff to do plus I already responded to that in my last post and above, so you can read that again for my response. I'm not worried about running out of stuff to do, Niet and the community will come up with ideas for new content.

You've played since 2011 you said, so why would you stop playing after so long just because you needed to get Arceus rank again, and work again for your badges? That's basically saying you won't play the new site because you won't be able to start out with every good thing in the game, which seems dumb.
No, it's not dumb, I'd stop playing because I wasn't given the choice to decide if I wanted to start over or have a slight head start. Maybe you missed a previous post I made, I said I wouldn't mind starting over as long as we're allowed to make that decision for ourselves. The only things I'd transfer is my badges and S/A/M Pokemon collection as those are things I've put a lot of time, effort and money into and continue to do so right now even after the announcement because we were told they'd try to let us transfer as much as possible. As for items, all I'd want is my account upgrades and Sweet Hearts if they exist on the reboot. I don't care about anything else on my account, I can just buy stuff from people. Arceus is something I'm undecided on, it depends if methods of obtaining things such as UBs is redesigned as I'd rather not have to deal with that feature again but completing the Dex again wouldn't be difficult, just hatch eggs and overpay for entries, easy.

but I mean, whatever just sharing my opinion.
When I share an opinion, I say what I have to say and then leave it at that, I don't constantly repeat myself in every reply as if I'm trying to make people agree with me.
At this point I'm genuinely tired of hearing about the economy in every post I see so I'm checking out of this thread, I have nothing else left to say or explain.
Other
• Current Type Race 8,399
0Percent's Avatar0Percent

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

At this point I'm genuinely tired of hearing about the economy in every post I see so I'm checking out of this thread, I have nothing else left to say or explain.
So am I in all honesty, it'd be nice if we could perhaps veer the discussion into something more positive like things you hope get added. I would love to see an indepth trade/auction for pokemon. Perhaps a safari zone instead of just the fishing minigame. Something to make delta's more interesting etc. I would also say what some others have that the 'new' site is not a 'new' game, it will just be a far better coded version of this. If you need an example of something that could be coded better just have a look at the berry related things (blender and garden), surely being that slow (especially when 'quickblending' x 99) was not a design choice.
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by SamEarl13

it'd be nice if we could perhaps veer the discussion into something more positive like things you hope get added.
In this vein... it's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread already, but I'm one of those that hopes that the trading system on the new site is built to allow multiple trades in a single swoop right from the get-go. The upgrade's been something that's teased for a while on this site; but being able to hard code it from the ground up might be another of the reboot's distinct advantages. I also wonder about the staffing possibilities, speculatively. Will all of the people currently on the roster still be on the team of the new site by the time it comes about? Niet and Garthic will definitely still be there as they're the Core staffers, but what of Shazi or Sei or Ledah? And if staff changes do end up happening, how will this affect, at the very least, the bonus counters?
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

woo! thank you! :D (i would /like/ a mod quote on this one but i'll take your word for now) i might try my hand at playing from scratch on the new site for a bit to see how it is...but that would mean possibly going back to an adoption limit of like 6 and i dont know if i'd be able to handle having to slow down my playstyle that much :'D it'd be nice to fall back to this site for the meantime to keep myself busy! (that is, of course, if there isn't anything *****new***** to do on the new site, which sounds like there is, but either way it'll be nice to get the ~~~new user experience~~~ and see if its good or not :V)
I had a response from Garth related to this question, he said that the transfer is a permanent move and a one-time thing, so once you transfer to the new site your data from PFQ is removed. So in theory you could start a new experience in PF3, and then later transfer your account over from PFQ. But then you would have to delete your new created account or risk having two active accounts at once.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2320
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

woo! thank you! :D (i would /like/ a mod quote on this one but i'll take your word for now) i might try my hand at playing from scratch on the new site for a bit to see how it is...but that would mean possibly going back to an adoption limit of like 6 and i dont know if i'd be able to handle having to slow down my playstyle that much :'D it'd be nice to fall back to this site for the meantime to keep myself busy! (that is, of course, if there isn't anything *****new***** to do on the new site, which sounds like there is, but either way it'll be nice to get the ~~~new user experience~~~ and see if its good or not :V)
I had a response from Garth related to this question, he said that the transfer is a permanent move and a one-time thing, so once you transfer to the new site your data from PFQ is removed. So in theory you could start a new experience in PF3, and then later transfer your account over from PFQ. But then you would have to delete your new created account or risk having two active accounts at once.
so we cant start a new account and link this one to it? sorry but im a bit confused
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
I dont know. All I know is that Garthic said the transfer will be a permanent move of your data from PFQ to PF3, meaning it can only be done once. If you decide not to transfer your old data and instead make a new account, but then later decide you want to transfer your data, I dont know what happens. I would just worry that if the transfer cannot be connected to an already existing new account then you run the risk of being accused of having 2 accounts active.
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

I dont know. All I know is that Garthic said the transfer will be a permanent move of your data from PFQ to PF3, meaning it can only be done once. If you decide not to transfer your old data and instead make a new account, but then later decide you want to transfer your data, I dont know what happens. I would just worry that if the transfer cannot be connected to an already existing new account then you run the risk of being accused of having 2 accounts active.
but wouldnt you have to make a new account to move things over to anyway?
We dont know yet how the transfer will work. Maybe in the process of transferring you create a new account, or maybe you first have to create a new account and then get the option of transferring after the account is made. If it is the former, then you probably wont be able to transfer old data to an account that already exists. That is where my warning applies. If it is the latter, then there is no reason to worry.
selocon's Avatarselocon
If it's anything like the PF1 transfer, you'll need to log in via the transfer interface and transfer that way, which will require you to be logged in to PF3 to get to anyway
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0

Pages: 123··· 50515253545556

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page