PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding PokéRus Abuse

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1617181920212223

Genesius, I used that as nothing more than an example to point out the extent of the situation we're dealing with, as I clearly stated - and nothing more. If you take it as more than that despite my saying what it is, and now isn't, then that's on you and I'd ask you to stop pushing your agenda on to me. You don't get to state what I said - you are not my keeper and your hostility is unappreciated. If you "don't care" as to the facts of the situation then you care nothing more than to push a false agenda, which is very disappointing behaviour and you can stop doing it. Please consider this to be fair warning. --- We'll keep the dislike of the fields being opened for 'rus holders in mind. We're still going to look at the options, but we hear you. --- I don't follow the first part, GhostArcher, sorry - but as for communication, that's why I'm here! I'm happy to provide insight where I can but for the most part... What this has blown up in to is more than what the initial start was. To give more information would kinda require me to blacklist people, so I can't really do that / don't really want to do that. If push comes to shove then... I mean I can. :/ Don't want to. --- If we need to take a small break from this thread then I've no issues popping a temp. lock on it for people to chill a bit. At the end of the day, this situation's pretty simple and it'll be handled in a short amount of time. It's really not a big deal, frankly put. People abused a system, got caught out, locked for the time-being so they could explain themselves. I'd also note the section of our rules on aiding rulebreakers, for reference. Extra information also turned up unrelated to this situation and that also needs explaining. That's it.
Grym's AvatarGrym
I knew it could be exploited, but i kind of assumed no one would bother to do it. It's enough effort just getting rus and keeping up with eggs hatching, let alone locking and unlocking dozens of fields. That and it sounded borderline cheating and definitely immoral. I'm glad an announcement was made about it because i saw it happening but was unsure if it was reportable since the rules didn't specify.
On another note.... *My fields are hidden for a reason. To hide the Pokémon, not to prevent clicking/exp gain. I would hate having them all visible even if it was just 15 minutes during Rus. Kind of a breach of Privacy. *I side with Garth on most of the rest of the points so far in these discussions, so i won't restate it all. Thanks for the insight and taking time to reply to users Garthic! :)
⚫ Avatar made by Dr.Devorak here Art thread 0
My fields just look like a nuclear fallout. :’D I’ve got nothing to hide, but I am in the middle of organizing everything and unlocking the fields that are finished one by one.
Freebie by HeyItzJake
Oddish

Icon Credit

Art by BananaLizard, for my use only
× 3 / 500
How do you even hide fields...? Never knew there was an option XD I’ve only gotten RUS once before, and that was like 10000 years ago (1-2 months). None of my fields are hidden (not that I know of), more than half of my fields are for showcase/selling, I don’t have a reason to hide.

★ HeartlessDemon ★ they/them ★

please sell me your hasty-natured specials! PMs open for any inquiry, I don't bite o/
RaffleToyhousecredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @baileykins on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @kellran2012 on PFQ

QUOTE originally posted by EvilAngel

How do you even hide fields...? Never knew there was an option XD I’ve only gotten RUS once before, and that was like 10000 years ago (1-2 months). None of my fields are hidden (not that I know of), more than half of my fields are for showcase/selling, I don’t have a reason to hide.
There’s an options button for every field. One option is to Toggle Visibility.
NightTrapGX's AvatarNightTrapGX
I truly had no idea what had happened. I had no clue this even occured. I usually don't hunt for Pokerus, so I had no clue as to what had even occured. From what I have read, I see that people are getting offensive about this, and I don't know why. Noone is talking about removing Pokerus, so I have no clue what heven occured. To the devs, thank you for working hard to fix this whole issue. I understand how this whole issue with people thinking Pokerus being removed can be stressful, so I have to thank you for staying calm after all this time.
frayed's Avatarfrayed
Could someone please explain? c: not sure why locking fields can help guarantee you pokerus, but then again I haven’t been online all that often and might have missed something. Any and all help will be appreciated (?) thank youuu~
my activity on the site is on and off contact me elsewhere if youre interested in talking to me hohoho (all socials are in my bio :D) art from revue starlight!
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal

QUOTE originally posted by frayed

Could someone please explain? c: not sure why locking fields can help guarantee you pokerus, but then again I haven’t been online all that often and might have missed something. Any and all help will be appreciated (?) thank youuu~
Basically it is something like: User A opens up all their fields at midnight (say 2k pokemon) User B & C mass click User A who is their friend. User A hides all their fields User A gets rus. User B and C have much more chance at getting rus as they clicked 2k more as the average other hunter.
wow i didnt even know about this cheat until now!. That does explain alot like how so many useersusers had almost nothing in their fields but were hypermode users or had melans.
Avatar made by my good friend SeventhSeraph https://pokefarm.com/user/SeventhSeraph
Score: 0
GhostArcher's AvatarGhostArcher

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I don't follow the first part, GhostArcher, sorry - but as for communication, that's why I'm here! I'm happy to provide insight where I can but for the most part... What this has blown up in to is more than what the initial start was. To give more information would kinda require me to blacklist people, so I can't really do that / don't really want to do that. If push comes to shove then... I mean I can. :/ Don't want to.
Thank you for the response, I'll try to explain my point in a different way that is a bit better to understand. I'm also pointing out the way I see it in this little discussion I witnessed, so I might not get the full picture here and misinterpreted something. So sorry, if anything seems confusing or out of place. Well, big factor is not only what you say but how you say it. As a staff member, people have higher expectations of you than of users. Being always friendly & calm, being competent etc. By not fulfilling those expectations e.g. an emotional post, it leads to people being "confused" (I don't know a better word for that) & upset. Responding angrily to a post is something people would consider a no go if you are someone of a "higher rank". Being emotional as a staff member leads to users being emotional & suspicious. There is also the unclear situation what the mods are going to do next & how it will affect the userbase as a whole. Which... might be a reason why lies can spread by those groups? Correct me if I'm talking nonsense, but I just thought that might be the case. I believe you that this is something bigger, but it would have been better to at least give us information about - what measurements are going to be taken to punish those who are cheating (ban etc.) - that the staff members know who is exploiting PokéRus & that normal users are not a suspect I'm not asking to expose anyone, of course not, but too less of information just leads to panic & misinformation. To put it short, I just wanted to point out that emotional post should not be made in a rather unclear situation like here, especially from a staff member. It just makes the userbase here upset & emotional. Plus, I think it's unfair to those who are not here to bad talk someone. I can't change how you feel about this, but maybe consider answering a bit more calmly, even if it's involves you personally. This is just an advice from me, nothing more.
*** ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *** Comic | Journal | Art Shop Avatar by me

Pages: 123··· 1617181920212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page