PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding PokéRus Abuse

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1516171819··· 212223

Incorrect. The wording was deliberate. A threat would be to state that there was plans to do that - there are no plans to do that.
GhostArcher's AvatarGhostArcher
@Garthic: I understand why you were reacting & feeling that way & I'm sorry to hear about that, however, doesn't those negative reactions give those groups a founding ground for more talk? I think communication is important & it's sometimes important to talk to us users who appreciate your work, but see something that might be improved in less emotional way. Or give us more insight, more information about this whole issue, so no misunderstanding might spread. Which I believe was the whole problem of this announcement.
*** ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *** Comic | Journal | Art Shop Avatar by me
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
I'd just like to say that I'm against the option of forcefully unlocking rus holders' fields. I hide them simply because I don't want them or the pokemon in them shown yet. It's got nothing to do with leveling or whatnot. I haven't made them ready for viewing and therefore they are hidden.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Genesius's AvatarGenesius

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Incorrect. The wording was deliberate. A threat would be to state that there was plans to do that - there are no plans to do that.
I frankly don't care if the wording was deliberate. If there are people who have no idea what's going on here can take that as a threat - and believe me, I did check - then that is a threat. You can threaten things without the intent to act on that threat, sir. Definition or notm
Permission for forum Avatar given by Novan on 21/Nov/2018.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN

QUOTE originally posted by Princess Alexx

QUOTE originally posted by FlärînãFåïry

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this. ...this is just my two cents. Honestly, the best way I see of fixing this is having all locked fields be unhidden during pokerus, but all Pokémon in said fields being exp locked. That way, everyone has the same advantage, everyone has the same number of Pokémon to click, but the hidden fields are exp locked. And as soon as the user doesn’t have pokerus, they’re immediately hidden again. Again, I’m just talking. ._.

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

While, we appreciate that people are trying to come up with solutions to this problem, but the thing is as it says in the first post. The solution is for people to just not do it. We aren't looking for suggestions to fix the problem that involve Niet taking time out to code it, when the solution to the problem already exists in people not taking abusing a mechanic

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this.
I've read all the comments here. K
@Garth, Well yay. I guess I had a decent thought then. XD
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
People have their fields hidden for a reason. Its so annoying getting pokerus and gettinv pms 'is *blank* uft?' Now imagine if all fields were unlocked. Those pms would multiply. I geg where this suggestion is coming from but i agree with garthic for the most part :/, especially with the whole "you know what you're doing is wrong dont do it" thing.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper

QUOTE originally posted by Princess Alexx

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this. ...this is just my two cents. Honestly, the best way I see of fixing this is having all locked fields be unhidden during pokerus, but all Pokémon in said fields being exp locked. That way, everyone has the same advantage, everyone has the same number of Pokémon to click, but the hidden fields are exp locked. And as soon as the user doesn’t have pokerus, they’re immediately hidden again. Again, I’m just talking. ._.

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

While, we appreciate that people are trying to come up with solutions to this problem, but the thing is as it says in the first post. The solution is for people to just not do it. We aren't looking for suggestions to fix the problem that involve Niet taking time out to code it, when the solution to the problem already exists in people not taking abusing a mechanic

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this.
I've read all the comments here. K
@Garth, Well yay. I guess I had a decent thought then. XD
You and a dozen others. Your not the first person to mention this..over..and over again Can we all just calm down?? This is starting to get out of hand. It's not a threat. Definition: a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done. They aren't going to be doing anytthing so on paper, it's not a threat. Can we please calm down =[ last thing I want to happen is for the Rus to be taken away from ALL users simply because everyone is bickering
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Rory's AvatarRory
I'm against anything getting done in regard of changing the 'rus. How it is now is good, any change that have been suggested here will only add discomfort to one or another group of players. If the staff already knows how to find the users doing this, what's the point in changing anything? There still will be a loophole? Sure, but now that people know about and knows staff know about it, users can only not use it, and everything's fine, or use it and face the consequences any illegal action can bring. There really is no point in arguing^^
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder

QUOTE originally posted by skylucario

QUOTE originally posted by ArtisticUmbresol

QUOTE originally posted by Hael

Does this have anything to do with seeing the same couple of people get Rus over and over again the past few days? @@ Maybe fields can be prevented from being locked if you get Rus or something..,
im just going to say that would be a bad idea, cause a lot of people have fields that are already locked and if rus allowed you to click those fields than pokemon people might not want leveled would be clicked.
then they could just EXP lock them...or toggle the visibility of those specific fields
thats not the point i dont want people messaging me about buying my pokemon thats why they are hidden, yeah sure i can exp lock all my shinies but i wouldnt be able to keep people from messaging and asking for pokemon that clearly arent for trade. youd be amazed at how much buisness 1 rus could stir up.
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
Hope'sUnicorn's AvatarHope'sUnicorn
I think I get the gist of what is happening. I assure you, 99% of my fields are hidden because they are empty or a mess :D and I'm rarely on right now so... It ain't me! For those who are doing it, please don't. If rus gets taken away, it'll be devastating for people like me, who use it to get their living dex mons leveled up faster or their chain eggs up faster. Please play the game how it was intended to be played. There are many other features on this site that are allowed to be "abused", such as site skins and modifications. Please maybe invest in the scripting portion of PFQ for an intellectual outlet? Anyways, just wanted to put that out there. Please don't ruin Pokerus for everyone. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say, we enjoy being able to get it when we can.
549/3,000

Pages: 123··· 1516171819··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page