PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding PokéRus Abuse

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1920212223

No you didn’t. Apologies for assuming that. I’m just tired so my thoughts are non existent at the moment. You have every right to express why you don’t want it and I agree with your points. I’m neutral here. But that’s simply because it won’t affect me.
Freebie by HeyItzJake
Oddish

Icon Credit

Art by BananaLizard, for my use only
× 3 / 500
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder

QUOTE originally posted by Sefrinx

Hmmm, I was thinking just now while clicking (how exilerating apparently XD) But what if interactions done earlier would no longer count once that person locks their field. That way, if they decide to try and cheat the system their buddies "rus raffle tikets" won't count. In theory, even if they try to punish other users it'll just end up backfiring in their pals faces. That way peeps who have already locked fields wouldn't have to worry at all, and those abusing the system would just "loose" their tickets. But if said person would later unlock their fields then those tickets would go back into the rus pool. ...it made sense in my head...I'm not sure my wording worked out well though O_o pardon my small french brain please ^_^
its already been explained that if someone then has all their fields hidden and people are clicking their party and said pokemon are being dropped in hidden fields its still not going to go very far with getting rus considering youd now have to click every new party for even the slightest chance
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
Secaruolaolt's AvatarSecaruolaolt
Stars, this blew up a lot since the last time I read it all. Far as I can tell, the idea Neit soundboarded off of Garthic (or whoever he'd been talking to at the time) about limiting the number of 'rus tickets' any one user can have at a time, seems to be the best solution presented for the problem It doesn't affect fields at all. It puts everyone on a more level playing field, especially people with physiological/health-related reasons for not being able to click 4k+ Pokemon so fast. (Before anyone says 'what health issue could keep people from clicking?' let me head that off with 'there's this thing called degenerative nerve diseases.') It at least goes a long way to help prevent cheating (there'll always be that one person who figurres out a new way to cheat that you can't come up with beforehand). It does mean that rus hunters will have to change their tactics somewhat, but when that's the absolute worst of it that I can see...it's not as bad of a trade-off as most of the other suggestions to 'fix' the issue. What would a rus hunter rather take, if it really had to come down to it? Ultimately less tickets per person, or having your fields forced into visibility? (Not saying it will, because staff have repeatedly said that they're working on alternatives and options to try finding the best one - the one that affects non-cheaters the least.) Then there's always, y'know, cheaters stop cheating. That kind of completely solves the issue with no losses for anyone. Just because something isn't in the rules, if it has the potential to harm other users in some way, then that doesn't make it a good thing to do - there's no way for staff to think of each and every possible exploit and cheat beforehand, which is why these things get discovered over time. If you find an exploit, even one not specifically in the rules, report it to staff, don't abuse it. That's common decency. That aside, not much else for me to say, and I'm only commenting to add my two cents. Take it as you will, and have a good day.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN

QUOTE originally posted by FlärînãFåïry

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this. ...this is just my two cents. Honestly, the best way I see of fixing this is having all locked fields be unhidden during pokerus, but all Pokémon in said fields being exp locked. That way, everyone has the same advantage, everyone has the same number of Pokémon to click, but the hidden fields are exp locked. And as soon as the user doesn’t have pokerus, they’re immediately hidden again. Again, I’m just talking. ._.
Again with this idea. I see so many people talking about it, and I have a simple solution to this: A Pokerus user’s fields will ONLY be unlocked (but mass exp locked) IF and ONLY IF they locked or unlocked a field that same day. Any day after that, unless they do the same thing, they will NOT be unlocked. And if a field is locked or unlocked that day, it will be unlocked during RUS only and will reset with the site reset. So simple solution to that. Even though it covers all the problems, I’m not entirely sure Noot would like to try coding that of all things. But I don’t know! ;w; I’m just conversing.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper

Don’t bite me. Don’t berate me. Don’t get mad at me for saying this. ...this is just my two cents. Honestly, the best way I see of fixing this is having all locked fields be unhidden during pokerus, but all Pokémon in said fields being exp locked. That way, everyone has the same advantage, everyone has the same number of Pokémon to click, but the hidden fields are exp locked. And as soon as the user doesn’t have pokerus, they’re immediately hidden again. Again, I’m just talking. ._.
Again with this idea. I see so many people talking about it, and I have a simple solution to this: A Pokerus user’s fields will ONLY be unlocked (but mass exp locked) IF and ONLY IF they locked or unlocked a field that same day. Any day after that, unless they do the same thing, they will NOT be unlocked. And if a field is locked or unlocked that day, it will be unlocked during RUS only and will reset with the site reset. So simple solution to that. Even though it covers all the problems, I’m not entirely sure Noot would like to try coding that of all things. But I don’t know! ;w; I’m just conversing.
OR....... Just don't break the damn rules lol simple. Your break the rules you either get a warning or get banned. Simple, easy, let's all move on =]
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

And how would this resolve the issue of people having their Fields hidden because they have a collection of special Pokémon that they don't want random people begging them to trade for? While I know such begging is against the rules and reportable, I think opening the floodgates like that is quite a harsh "punishment" for getting Rus!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
I’m not trying to offend anyone by sharing my thoughts. Besides telling people not to break the rules and having mods catching and effectively dealing with users who abuse Pokerus, this seems like another decent option. If somehow just trying to catch people doesn’t work, I’m just throwing that idea out there. Not saying it won’t work though. As for the Pokémon in the hidden fields you don’t want people begging you for, maybe just name the field NFT, or say somewhere on your profile (trainer card maybe) “Don’t ask me to trade you these Pokémon.”
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox

I’m not trying to offend anyone by sharing my thoughts. Besides telling people not to break the rules and having mods catching and effectively dealing with users who abuse Pokerus, this seems like another decent option. If somehow just trying to catch people doesn’t work, I’m just throwing that idea out there. Not saying it won’t work though. As for the Pokémon in the hidden fields you don’t want people begging you for, maybe just name the field NFT, or say somewhere on your profile (trainer card maybe) “Don’t ask me to trade you these Pokémon.”
But it's not about trading, it's about interactions. Yes there's a lock button, but some people just don't want certain fields shown. I have my own selection of fields hidden for my own reasons. The act of a handful of people should not cause inconvenience or punishment for others. The idea of fields being unhidden during rus or any variation of is just generally not a good idea in my opinion.
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
sirionmaster4's Avatarsirionmaster4

As for the Pokémon in the hidden fields you don’t want people begging you for, maybe just name the field NFT, or say somewhere on your profile (trainer card maybe) “Don’t ask me to trade you these Pokémon.”
Do you think people don't already have that written in multiple places? Do you actually think that all other players will seriously listen and not hound them for things even after seeing 'NUFT'?
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper

It's not just about Pokemon that aren't uft, I just plain don't want someone seeing certain fields. What if someone's holding a contest or something along those lines or even some surprise gifts and they lock their field so no one can see (or if they do it that day, like you suggested) this would force us to show what was private. Not to mention this is gonna be work that the mods shouldn't have to do. Just don't break rules. I'm sure it's easier to shoot someone a pm warning them not to do it again or get a ban. Edit: dang MochaFox ninja'ed me

Pages: 123··· 1920212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page