PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding PokéRus Abuse

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 181920212223

triibu's Avatartriibu

QUOTE originally posted by CommanderShepard

Pros: - The obvious of nobody cheating - More of your pokemon would be clicked
More of your pokemon getting clicked would mean less of your eggs getting clicked, so isn't that a con though? My trade fodder fields dont need clicks, my eggs do
  • Delta
  • Selling
  • Other
+ many more, including: normal and S/A delta Aron, Koffing, Ditto Check the fields and PM me!
Avatar made by ScribblyGryphon Signature under construction. LF: tabbed signature templates :')
It can be both a pro and a con. So yeah I definitely see where you’re coming from.
Freebie by HeyItzJake
Oddish

Icon Credit

Art by BananaLizard, for my use only
× 3 / 500
Kang's AvatarKang
But it's unfair to forcefully have people's fields unlocked cause they *so happen* to get rus. I honestly do not want this suggestion to go through. It's a breech of privacy for me and others. My hidden fields are a mess, filled with things I DO NOT want beggars seeing. Others have expressed their reasons and I feel we just need to respect the fact others do not want this. It's kind of getting a bit much with having to repeat ourselves on this topic. >.< It's just a breech of privacy and really unfair to us who actually can follow the rules and not find a loophole and cheat. Please..just don't ruin rus even more with adding this. :( Cause I doubt people that are active rus hunters and sensitive to this suggestion will hunt it at that point cause they have to be forced to exp lock their pokemon that were originally in locked fields and/or be forced to deal with spam cause of people asking for stuff that was once in a hidden field. Which may add to the report pool for staff. Which then may delay them catching the ones doing this type of stuff - even if they say it's easy to track. Kind of hard to easily follow something with walls getting in your way isn't it? Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, but I have strong feelings against forcing people to have their fields unlocked and then pokemon exp locked.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00

QUOTE originally posted by BraveHearted

But it's unfair to forcefully have people's fields unlocked cause they *so happen* to get rus. I honestly do not want this suggestion to go through. It's a breech of privacy for me and others. My hidden fields are a mess, filled with things I DO NOT want beggars seeing. Others have expressed their reasons and I feel we just need to respect the fact others do not want this. It's kind of getting a bit much with having to repeat ourselves on this topic. >.< It's just a breach of privacy and really unfair to us who actually can follow the rules and not find a loophole and cheat. Please..just don't ruin rus even more with adding this. :( Cause I doubt people that are active rus hunters and sensitive to this suggestion will hunt it at that point cause they have to be forced to exp lock their pokemon that were originally in locked fields and/or be forced to deal with spam cause of people asking for stuff that was once in a hidden field. Which may add to the report pool for staff. Which then may delay them catching the ones doing this type of stuff - even if they say it's easy to track. Kind of hard to easily follow something with walls getting in your way isn't it? Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, but I have strong feelings against forcing people to have their fields unlocked and then pokemon exp locked.
I never suggested going for or against the idea. I was just explaining the pros and cons of the idea from my point of view. I have no clue how else they’ll catch cheaters unless they install some kind of hack system into Sally. Again, I’m a 21 year old space gamer nerd. What do I know?
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern

Cons: - Possibility of messages asking if a pokemon is uft is increased. (This can be delt with easily though) - Pokemon you don’t want clicked will be clicked (Exp lock can halt this).
The first one would get extremely annoying real quick unless an option is made to disable pms (or have them only open for mutual vips? but idk if that would be possible since the friend lists were removed). The second one just... no. For one thing if you're hiding pokemon meant to be gifts then the future recipient could potentially see them and spoil the surprise (maybe make a limited hidden storage box that can hold, say no more than 10-15 pokemon for this purpose?). But also, in a lot of peoples' case, it's not that we don't want our pokemon gaining exp, we just don't want them clicked period. Also it would be near impossible to exp lock the thousands of pokemon some people have. Sorry I'm just so wildly against forcing fields open, even for 15 minutes, it ain't even funny. x_x
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

Cons: - Possibility of messages asking if a pokemon is uft is increased. (This can be delt with easily though) - Pokemon you don’t want clicked will be clicked (Exp lock can halt this).
The first one would get extremely annoying real quick unless an option is made to disable pms (or have them only open for mutual vips? but idk if that would be possible since the friend lists were removed). The second one just... no. For one thing if you're hiding pokemon meant to be gifts then the future recipient could potentially see them and spoil the surprise (maybe make a limited hidden storage box that can hold, say no more than 10-15 pokemon for this purpose?). But also, in a lot of peoples' case, it's not that we don't want our pokemon gaining exp, we just don't want them clicked period. Also it would be near impossible to exp lock the thousands of pokemon some people have. Sorry I'm just so wildly against forcing fields open, even for 15 minutes, it ain't even funny. x_x
Like I explained, it was just an analysis. I’m not suggesting anything.
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
I understand that. But others have suggested the same thing and I was just trying to state the problems I have with it. I wasn't going after you specifically, even though it was your post I quoted. ^^; edit: typo.
Sefrinx's AvatarSefrinx
Hmmm, I was thinking just now while clicking (how exilerating apparently XD) But what if interactions done earlier would no longer count once that person locks their field. That way, if they decide to try and cheat the system their buddies "rus raffle tikets" won't count. In theory, even if they try to punish other users it'll just end up backfiring in their pals faces. That way peeps who have already locked fields wouldn't have to worry at all, and those abusing the system would just "loose" their tickets. But if said person would later unlock their fields then those tickets would go back into the rus pool. ...it made sense in my head...I'm not sure my wording worked out well though O_o pardon my small french brain please ^_^

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

I understand that. But others have suggested the same thing and I was just trying to state the problems I have with it. I wasn't going after you specifically, even though it was your post I quoted. ^^; edit: typo.
I’m dead tired and felt like I was causing a panic so I bolded my original post explaining that it’s an analysis. It is an idea that has both good and bad sides.
Kang's AvatarKang

QUOTE originally posted by BraveHearted

But it's unfair to forcefully have people's fields unlocked cause they *so happen* to get rus. I honestly do not want this suggestion to go through. It's a breech of privacy for me and others. My hidden fields are a mess, filled with things I DO NOT want beggars seeing. Others have expressed their reasons and I feel we just need to respect the fact others do not want this. It's kind of getting a bit much with having to repeat ourselves on this topic. >.< It's just a breach of privacy and really unfair to us who actually can follow the rules and not find a loophole and cheat. Please..just don't ruin rus even more with adding this. :( Cause I doubt people that are active rus hunters and sensitive to this suggestion will hunt it at that point cause they have to be forced to exp lock their pokemon that were originally in locked fields and/or be forced to deal with spam cause of people asking for stuff that was once in a hidden field. Which may add to the report pool for staff. Which then may delay them catching the ones doing this type of stuff - even if they say it's easy to track. Kind of hard to easily follow something with walls getting in your way isn't it? Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, but I have strong feelings against forcing people to have their fields unlocked and then pokemon exp locked.
I never suggested going for or against the idea. I was just explaining the pros and cons of the idea from my point of view. I have no clue how else they’ll catch cheaters unless they install some kind of hack system into Sally. Again, I’m a 21 year old space gamer nerd. What do I know?
I didn't say you did? I was just stating my piece on the suggestion as a whole seeing as the topic keeps coming up over and over. I just finally decided to say my piece as this topic makes me anxious. Seeing as I do not agree with it and I've just had too many issues in the past when the re-code was upon us and Niet had yet to even add the lock fields feature. It was a godsend when it was added back in as I could lock my disaster fields away and lock some special fields so beggars somewhat calmed down. Yes, that was years ago, but a similar occurrence could happen to a lot more people. I didn't mean to seem like I was jumping on you. I just...have strong feelings against this and others seem to as well. I just...wish we could respect people's wishes and potentially just come to an agreement/compromise. 15 minutes isn't long, but it is long enough to get flooded with unwanted PMs and long enough to cause any other potential issues. >.<

Pages: 123··· 181920212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page