PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 91011

Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
I'm going to agree with keeping it daily (or every other day at most) since there is so much that happens during a week, as has already been stated. The time when the backup happens is the most unpopulated time of day already, so it is good to take advantage of that (unless it is least populated specifically because of the backup). The potential loss from a crash after a whole week with no backups is significantly greater than the loss from 10-20 minutes of downtime every day. Perhaps there is a way to streamline the method that the backup occurs, so as to save time? Idk, not sure how it works.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2294
Raichi's AvatarRaichi
I prefer daily, like said before, A lot happens in a day and we all need that data backed-up just incase something happens, like a crash before the backup Mostly, I just like daily as a precaution to make sure everything is safe EDIT- Spelling cause I cant spell :p
★ Avatar is Mafuyu Asahina from Project Sekai★ My Art Shop
Cele's AvatarCele
Daily backups (that work) would be a sacrifice necessary to ensure that a catastrophic disaster wouldn't take as much from us as it could otherwise. 20 mins a day is nothing. :P
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Eclipsed's AvatarEclipsed
I understand the time it takes, and that it's rarely been an issue. I've even been online during that time regularly, but don't think I'd like it to be less than several times a week. When the site did have to be rolled back after reopening after an update last year, the reopening didn't last all that long but it was enough for me to hatch an albino that disappeared. I can't imagine how much more annoying it would be for that to be a melan, or a new discovery. As an endgame user in particular, but to an extent to everyone, week represents a significant amount of money and effort spent in the game.
Delta1413's AvatarDelta1413
20 minutes a day isn't too bad, flight rising has 30 minutes. I vote to continue with the daily backups even if you haven't needed to draw on them so far - better safe than sorry.
The destination is an illusion pfp credit: Choasu
emocandy's Avataremocandy
i would prefer a daily backup.. but i also am not normally effected because its in the middle of the night for me!
kattscribbles's Avatarkattscribbles
I'd prefer daily as a lot can happen in a week's time, because a lot of progress can be lost if they are made to weekly backups. At least daily backups would ensure that the day's activities are secure and safe, rather than taking a chance on a weekly backup? Especially if someone were to hatch mulitple melans in the timespan of a week, it's best to have a daily backup so figurative melans wouldn't be lost to the void. I don't mind the wait time, as I get there's a lot of data to be saved and backed up, so it's not an issue in general! It's not normally a big issue for me as I'm sleeping during the backup~
Dragon VTuber of Chaos & Calamity Screaming, Boba Tea & Chaos 24/7 Signature by Myself, Art by penpupen
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
1) No changes please until the current (revised) analysis comes back and can be vetted. Right now knowing that you don't know isn't nearly enough to propose this change, in my opinion. 2) Are daily backups expected to continue to remain around 20 minutes, increase slightly, continue to increase, or decrease in some way once you figure out if/how to make them happen completely? 3) What is the increased risk to once per week backups vs daily? If all users would literally lose a week of effort (especially trades, special hatches and the like), I think that would get a hard NO from most users. As I am 99% online daily over backup, and am thus affected at least as much as anyone else, the security of knowing I would at most lose a days worth of effort as things stand right now if something catastrophic should happen, is very much worth not being able to play for even half an hour a day.
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 4421 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/1 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
This is probably a noob question but what does the daily backup do exactly with PFQ? Is PFQ being hosted by something like GoDaddy or is it something like an independent server?
Made by Animela
origin of gif is linked in image (8:11)
Made by Animela
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official Fire Emblem Heroes art!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
I say keep the daily backup

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

3) What is the increased risk to once per week backups vs daily? If all users would literally lose a week of effort (especially trades, special hatches and the like).
The TypeRace is 1 week long & people can get 500+ points a day
that 3500+ in 1 week
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 04:30 AM
Score: 627
TR code credit

Pages: 12345··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page