PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GP Balance Patch + New Feature!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

AstroCat's AvatarAstroCat
I do agree that gold has been way too inflated... But nerfing it 90% for what most people aim for is harsh. I could see 50 or 25gp over the 100 but cutting it too only 10% does seem harsh, especially since those who use day care passes for exclusives/varient hunting or for charging the shiny charms, when that can be expensive enough already.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
Hear me out... The only thing that even remotely bothers me about this is that it didn't come with a change for Perse. That counter already fills so slowly; I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Will she be getting a reduction in the amount needed to be spent? I would have also really, really appreciated DCP being lowered too - or the bonus being set to 20 gp. Having to be online for 10 days for 1 dcp is really harsh I think. That's all tho this was a very needed change and I'm happy the community consensus seems to be pleased with the change. I expected fire and pitchforks when I read the news post but I'm pleasantly surprised for once!
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
In my opinion, just nerfing the log-in gp by 90% might help a bit, but it won't solve any problems. Thinking about it, I think a 20-30% reduction of gp site-wide would probably be able to get the conversion down to 5:1 over time without hurting too many people. Also, a reduction in the gp price for site-sold items (DCP, LE, ect) might also help with the gp ratio as more people would be willing to spend gp on those, thus removing part of the overpopulation of gp on this site.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
*sigh* Where to start? First, my opinion on this is pretty scattered. I like the idea, since a lot of people have been talking about overinflation, etc. But from the standpoint of a user like me, who has very little zc at all times to buy gp with (and just low gp counts at most times), I dislike it because this is my weekly intake of gp. With the new exclusives coming out, I could use some gp to buy them with. I get why we need to do it, but it just seems too drastic. Maybe if we lowered the prices of gp-bought items, such as DCP, people might spend their gp on those more often and that would help the inflation. All in all, trainer customization aaaaa
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
shumika's Avatarshumika
For the trainer customization, there should be other poses. Like maybe one of them should be a Z-move owo Just a thought though! c:
sajathey/them
Other prns
-5 catpilled
credit
Art 69164880 Code Gumshoe
BITE's AvatarBITE
It'll be interesting to see how the nerf goes! hopefully it'll start to smooth out the inflation, all in all a great call. Im so glad to see trainer customization coming in ahh i wanted to change my trainer since i signed up! really glad to see it being rolled out!
Teddy/Hound|24|He/They✦ ★RISE AND GRIND LETS GET THIS POKÈ-BREAD
POKEDEX ★422/1195★
Sheezy|Bluesky|Twitter __________________________________________________________
*Icon/Signature/Sprite edits by ME*
Teena's AvatarTeena
Putting in my own two cents. When I first started in 2015, getting to where I am now was a lot harder than it is now, what with all the extra boosts that weren't implemented before. (At the very least, I don't remember having them!) There are ways to gain GP/ZC that just needs you to grind a little more than someone who already has hyper mode. Gem hunting, box hunting, shelter hunting, etc. can all be utilized for people to make money including GP! Again it's a grind but it's not impossible to accomplish. Apology for formatting, I am on mobile right now.
Avatar by user Dragoncake, used with permission!
Just thought of something new that I don't think anyone has mentioned, the referral bonus. That used to be 100 gp as well, but that got increased by 400 gp. Maybe we could just tone that back to 100, then turn the 100 from the 5-day bonus into 50 or something small.
söbble's Avatarsöbble

QUOTE originally posted by SquishyPanda

Just thought of something new that I don't think anyone has mentioned, the referral bonus. That used to be 100 gp as well, but that got increased by 400 gp. Maybe we could just tone that back to 100, then turn the 100 from the 5-day bonus into 50 or something small.
I feel as though the referral bonus is such a small portion of the site's overall GP gain that even taking it back to 100 wouldn't be enough to rationalize adding 40 gp to the online bonus. Of course, I don't KNOW that, but referral bonuses are also there to bring people to the site... something we very much need right now. So I would prefer they stay high if at all possible. (coming from someone who has no referral bonuses).

QUOTE originally posted by brindlefinch

QUOTE originally posted by SquishyPanda

I feel as though the referral bonus is such a small portion of the site's overall GP gain that even taking it back to 100 wouldn't be enough to rationalize adding 40 gp to the online bonus. Of course, I don't KNOW that, but referral bonuses are also there to bring people to the site... something we very much need right now. So I would prefer they stay high if at all possible. (coming from someone who has no referral bonuses).
Good point, referral bonuses are kinda important. Maybe the 5-day bonus could be toned down by 50 gp, as some have suggested.

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page