PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GP Balance Patch + New Feature!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 111213

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Let's get the bad news out of the way first... It's no real secret that GP has become devalued as a currency. The "going rate" on the user market was 5:1 with ZC, but it has since inflated to 6:1 or even 7:1, which is quite substantial. I will be making efforts to add new uses for GP, but for today I will be implementing an unfortunate but necessary nerf. The "Be online for 5 days" GP bonus was far too generous. It is the primary reason for GP being so abundant right now, and must be adjusted if we are to even start to fix economic issues. For this reason, the 5-day GP bonus has been reduced to just 10 GP. This allows it to continue serving as a passive source of GP, without over-inflating things. More active sources of GP, such as Contests, Fabulous Friday and Treasure Boxes, will remain as they are for now, although Contests are being evaluated (perhaps they will be made less frequent, but with increased rewards?) This change will take effect December 7th, so that you may complete your current 5-day chain with the existing rewards before the change happens. Please note that during this "grace period" the pop-up will show the 10GP reward, but it will still award 100GP until the 7th. I apologise for the severity of this nerf. It was an egregious mistake on my part to have set the bonus so high in the first place, and I am sorry. I hope you can understand that this is a change that must be done, as unpleasant as it may be.
On to some good news, here's a preview screenshot of what we've been hard at work with recently! Please look forward to it!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
funnily enough i just covered this sort of thing in my game design theory. it's sucky to have to nerf stuff, but i do understand why. ngl ill be glad to have gp worth more again. it threw all my prices out of wack edit: oh and that trainer customisation looks rad! looking forward to it!
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
sceptios's Avatarsceptios
Was just considering raising some of my GP prices. I guess I can hold off on that now. Yeah, nerfing things sucks sometimes, but I'm glad you did it!
MintyDeku's AvatarMintyDeku
I guess it's a good thing I'm keepimg my stash of GP- Also, whoa! I can't wait to see what that customization is like!

Advertisements for cool places:

Please click my precious boys

Pumpkatump avatar is by moi. ' ^ ' ~ This time I might just dissapear ~
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
Completely understandable, I like the idea of the contest being less frequent. I like participating in the contest but rarely do due to time and prioritising other PFQ things.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc Send trade or post here
TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
I can totally understand the nerf, shinies of 50-60 Gp price is just ridicolously cheap, it can do for a melan hunter, but what about the not so advanced players who wants to sell their hard achieved hunt mons? On the other hand I am most of the time spending gold as there is no tomorrow and always in the need, but it wouldn't change if there were no nerf :D And I can barely wait for the customization! *-*
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
Dragonshifter's AvatarDragonshifter
Hmm. It'll be interesting to observe how this affects the market. Good call, I say!
My Art Shop: Empyrean Dragons Banner by EeveeBailey
Art credit
Avatar made by me for my use only.
REZNiKOV's AvatarREZNiKOV
I’ve noticed you only implement what’s necessary, Niet, so don’t blame yourself over this. Changes (both “negative” and positive) have to be made to keep the site from stagnating. From my perspective, I saw I kept getting GP too easily when I actually wanted credits. ^^; Also, forgive my stupidity, but where is the trainer outfit customisation going to be implemented? On the trainer cards? :O
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova
I like this! Something happening here!
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
murfijs's Avatarmurfijs
so if i understand correctly people will rise theyre gp shiny prices in trade shops?

Pages: 123··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page