PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

All About Deltas

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234··· 789

kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
There's no way to guarantee a certain type, but from a few experiments with large sample sizes, delta eggs are estimated to have a 30-40% chance of hatching the same type as the v-wave
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I can answer some of these questions for you. I've hatched lots of deltas, and I have some samples (though none super large) if you're interested. Does a pokemon with a different type than its basic stage pass on its typing or the typing of its basic stage? Any type that is shared with it's basic form can pass on. For example, Ribombee can pass on fairy and bug, while Sylveon can only pass normal, as Eevee is normal. If a 'mon gains a typing upon evolution, it cannot breed it in my experience. Does ditto increase the chance of a normal type delta? Yes. As ditto is a different species, it counts as crossbreeding. Delta dittos do not affect this. Which type does a delta pokemon of a different species pass on? The typing of its non-delta counterparts. Normal for ditto, for example, regardless of Delta typing. This is a sheet with some various data extrapolated. Ignore the secondary percentages, I was just testing a theory with that. I believe cross breeding = ~40-50% primary other species parent, 25% v~wave. Secondary typing (assuming it is shared with the basic form of the Pokemon) is about 25%. With no cross breeding, v~wave seems to be ~25-40% on its own. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem like v~wave and primary typing compound as expected. I would expect up to 75% of the type, but I've never been able to replicate that.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Aquamoon0305's AvatarAquamoon0305
how many delta points can you get for an albino with 754,440 exp?
Hi
carinae's Avatarcarinae

QUOTE originally posted by CharlotteChan109

how many delta points can you get for an albino with 754,440 exp?
I think you need to look at the steps, not the exp-for example: eevee has 8960 steps. The ratio is 2dp per every 1280 steps, so 8960/1280=7. So an albino eevee=14dp that is, if I did my math right xD
elliot • they/them quit, dm xim#7352 if you need me
Aquamoon0305's AvatarAquamoon0305
where does it show that???
carinae's Avatarcarinae
Go to the species dex, at the top it shows. (click on said albino, look at the right side-there will be a link with said albino species)
Breeding list is up to date! There are lots of new additions in the past few months that make breeding certain types much easier
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I saw the "Unanswered questions" and thought I could answer to them: Does a pokemon with a different type than its basic stage pass on its typing or the typing of its basic stage? I'm not sure I've understand this question. So I'll tell examples to try to answer it: A delta water eevee would become a delta water water vaporeon. A Ghost Cubone would become a ghost Marowak. A dark dark croaket would just be a dark type if it evolve since they have a dual typing. What about a pokemon that's undergone a forme change? They keep their delta typing. Took me some times to search across the Delta Pokemon showcase, but there you go: A poison delta arceus with a poison plate would be poison/poison. A fire delta arceus with a ghost plate would still be a fire type. Does ditto increase the chance of a normal type delta? Yes. Which is anoying when trying to delta hunting genderless pokemon. There was a suggestion forum about it who got sadly deleted because of inactivity. It was about making delta ditto influence the type of eggs, in which people suggest it extend to delta gendered pokemon. Which type does a delta pokemon of a different species pass on? Not sure to understand this one either, but in breeding it seems that a dual type would have half the chance to breed either of its type. I've breed a full team of grookey with a scraggy as a parent. I've get two dark and two fighting. The two others were random. What is the exact boost that v-wave and breeding provide? We will probably never know the exact boost. Staff don't like to share exact number to prevent people to complain. As it did happen in the time they freely share number of the shiny rates. Are there any other ways to influence delta types? Having a delta or a pokemon of a specific type in the party doesn't seems to influence. V-waves, original typing in breeding and current type race seems to influence. I don't know by how much, but I recall hatching a bunch of poison type when I was in a poison type Type Race,when the V~waves was ghost. I generally delta egg from the lab, so they don't get influenced from breeding. You probably already get some of this answer, but I hope I did help xD
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
So we do have tentative answers for all of these, which I guess I should put in the first post - the reason I haven't is because there haven't been any recorded studies of these questions with large sample sizes. Regarding "passing on" types for evolutions and forme changes, I meant via breeding: if you delta a houndour with an eevee parent, it has an increased chance of being normal. If the parent is a vaporeon instead, is it more likely to be normal or water? Same question for different formes. From what I've observed, I'm pretty sure the basic evolution's type is passed on: a vaporeon parent would increase the chance of a normal delta type. However, like I said, I haven't done a specific study of it with a large enough sample size (I'd say at least 30). For breeding deltas from deltas, the question is whether, say, a houndour with a delta dark eevee parent would be more likely to be normal, dark, or both. Anecdotally it seems it would be more likely to be normal, and that the parent's delta type has no impact, but again, we don't really know. Incidentally, I did do a study of dual type parents, and it seems that the parent's first type is roughly twice as likely to be passed on than it's second type. I haven't seen a study of ditto-bred pokemon, but I did see the suggestion thread and I'm pretty sure it's right, so I went ahead and added ditto to all the breeding tables. I suppose I can delete that question now. Hmm, current type race team is a theory I haven't seen before. If someone wants to test that out, I'd love to see the results! And yeah, pokemon in party doesn't seem to influence, but no one's done a study on that either.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
If the parent is a vaporeon instead, is it more likely to be normal or water? Same question for different formes, or delta I do remember Niet saying that the breeding only count the base pokemon, even if the pokemon can change typing upon form change, evolution or it's a delta. I don't know how it work in the case of oricorio, whose dual typing is decided upon hatching. You can definetly try the help forum, Niet something reply to them ^^

Pages: 1234··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page