PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lets complain about melan hunts!!!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 4243444546··· 321322323

Havenstrife's AvatarHavenstrife
Yesterday I used every boost, hatched almost 600 eggs, and didn't get a single melan.
Avatar made for me by D33RG0D5. Call me Haven My type race score: 0
Lunalatic's AvatarLunalatic
I've hatched over 1100 eggs by now and gotten a grand total of two albinos. This hunt is being obnoxious enough that I haven't even hatched a shiny yet. I'm aware that whenever I hunt for anything I tend to get albinos as a rare hatch first, but at this rate I'd like a troll party just to confirm that Sally's still working.
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox
Z crystal used yesterday; 350 eggs hatched. No melan. It has been almost 2,000 eggs at this point. Albinos are becoming rare for me, and sometimes I have a shiny drought. I appreciate my own determination, but these Bulbasaur are little scamps. I have three more to hatch! 😂
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
this might not fit this discussion but i'm thinking of melan hunting once i get hypermode and ubercharm but hearing all the negative talk in this discussion makes me not want to... is it worth it?
Check out my Shop, Art Shop, and Journal! Selling Albino Tapu Fini Link 1 box = 5 ZC = 25 GP = 25k CR
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Well... this is the thread for complaining, I suggest reading the Melan Hatching thread to hear good things about melan hunts <3 In my opinion, though? It's worth it. It takes a lot of effort, dedication, clicks, and desperate prayers to the cruel digi-mistress of digi-fate, but if you're like me, and you like speshul sparkly pixels, I'd definitely say it's worth it in the end <3
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Jasper22's AvatarJasper22
Go here for something a bit more positive. Like anything else, there are positives and negatives to melan hunting. Someone people amazing luck while others struggle. Generally you have to put in a lot of work to get something as rare and valuable as a melan. Now for my complaint. Used a z crystal yesterday intending to use 150+ adoptions once I finished work. Instead I got distracted by uni work and ended up feeling suddenly exhausted and fatigued. Took a nap 4 hours before reset and woke up 2 hours after. Massive waste of a crystal and no melan
Teaques's AvatarTeaques

QUOTE originally posted by YeetusFortnitus

this might not fit this discussion but i'm thinking of melan hunting once i get hypermode and ubercharm but hearing all the negative talk in this discussion makes me not want to... is it worth it?
I think it really depends on your luck, your personality type and so on, so you need to try it yourself to make any judgement. I will show you my side of the story. I started my first dedicated Melan hunt in the end of September 2018. I burned through almost nine thousand eggs, which took me about 6 months. That's 6 months of hatching a single mon, of constant frustration, of not being able to participate in events like type race (well, technically I could but without much hope for Shinies. Albinos too unless I wanted to waste 100k IP which I could've otherwise used for my hunt). How many melans did I get in the meantime? A whopping zero. That's right, I hatched 9k eggs, full boosts on (apart from Arceus) and I didn't get a single melan. I used to be excited about hatching my parties but I no longer was. I used to enjoy planning short-term hunts, especially within TR limits, but I couldn't do it anymore. PFQ became a routine for me but I didn't want to quit because 1) I had gone too far into my hunt 2) I still wanted a melan of this pokemon as it's my favourite. And yes, lately I've been on hiatus due to uni exams but I will return and finish my hunt once they are over. After that? No thanks, I've sworn I will not go for another dedicated melan hunt that is so long. I will hatch 1500 eggs at best, maybe hope for an early melan but that's it. So my answer is no, it's not worth it. But that's me. There are many people who play the game solely for the trill they get from melan hunting. Some of them are consistently lucky, some have their periods of drought. "Luck" is not hard-coded anyway and it can always change. That's why I think you should try it yourself, but imo don't even bother without at least basic boosts like HM. Though I've seen people who got non-HM melans but I don't want to imagine what odds they had to hit. And probably don't aim to commit to 5k+ chains unless you know that you are incredibly patient, because really, your interest will burn out quickly due to how monotonous everything is. Or you can buy that PR memory stick and take breaks.
nikao's Avatarnikao
hmmmm not so sure aout ths....yes im at over 5k without melan rght now, an luck is not so great,...but as im not on each day for long time, a HM is not realy of use for me, when there was a two day HM then maybe, but i try for melan atleast, even when no HM and this may look bad for me....but as you did say there where people who got one...so who knows...maybe after 6k.....and from what i did read here, HM and all the other boosts do often not much for melan when luck is not there^^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
kerfluffled's Avatarkerfluffled
just realized I'll have been hunting eevee for a full year by the end of next month, what a journey this has been lol. I really should've waited to start melan hunting (I started this hunt like. 2 weeks after I made my account. no one ever accused me of being smart), let alone making my first hunt smth with 7 evolutions NOT including pfq megas :'I ah well, 2 down, 6 to go! see y'all in 3 more years when I finally finish this hunt jfdhsjf
Buying gracidea seeds! 250gp/equivalent
84/1000
flürrawr's Avatarflürrawr
i started hatching magikarp for gems and i got like, so many troll parties that i said screw it and activated full boosts. and now we're here. at 5k. with nothing. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pages: 123··· 4243444546··· 321322323

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page