PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lets complain about melan hunts!!!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 262263264265266··· 317318319

My one and only melan was 3/100 🥲 I've hatched nearly 400 eggs between my last shiny, despite having radar, HM, and charm. (Granted, I did swap chains) but its still a bit ridiculous Edit - right as I said that I got a shiny *sighs*

QUOTE originally posted by Dachsbuns

but i was wondering, whenever you guys DO get melans, how far apart are they? is it monthly? weekly? bi yearly?? from what im seeing, it seems to take some of you a LONG time! (...) nevertheless, im sorry for the tangent.. i just saw this thread and was like "oh wow, i wonder if other users are having the same melan crisis as i am?" and figured id post! im sorry if im talking too much! i guess i just had a lot to say T___T
I know I haven't hatched a melan recently but I checked my stats and my last five were Jan29/23 (4/227 +Sei), Jan03/23 (5/206 +Sei+Über), Aug24/22 (18/1139 +Über), Mar27/22 (13/846 +Über), and Jan04/22 (1/57 +Über) I averaged about 1 a year from 2015-2020, then got 5 in 2021, 3 in 2022, and 2 so far in 2023. But most of mine were unexpected in short hunts, and when I was actively hunting for a melan it took me thousands of eggs (the nightmare that was my 8k+ Morpeko hunt still haunts me.... It's why I'm so reluctant to reboot my Scatterbug hunt lol) I don't typically use the extra boosts (Z/Uber) but I always have a shiny charm running, plus lv7 albino radar and HM. Arceus is hit or miss, but probably half of my melans hatched without it. I also have some... doubts, about the Z-crystals. Mostly because I finally looked at what boost they give and it's "+50% chance" which.... does that just boost my lv7 chance from 3,313% to 3,363%??? That's nothing! But why have a + if it's doubling my rates?? Just say "boosted by 50%"! So I don't use Z-crystals lol
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 694
✩ [ avatar
cutiefly art by me!
]
TR Score: 3399
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
The last super serious hunt I tried to do was Pichu I was 1k+ eggs in hatched I believe 14 or more shiny and 2 albino and I was actively hunting during the type race as well but I never got a single melan and that's while using z-crystals, hypermode, shiny charm, Uber charm and a level 7 albino radar
Pfp from Pfq
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Dachsbuns

hi! this a bit of a niche thing, but i was wondering if anyone else who melan hunts has a similar issue.. i only get a melan about once every month, IF THAT. this is given with LOTS of activity; lots of dcp/star pass, arceus, z-crystals, uber, etc etc; EVERYTHING! after reading about the 3-5k chains.. you guys are insanely dedicated. i usually just get paranoid over no special by 500, and change the hunt. i admire you guy's dedication extremely, and even if it seem pointless, please keep trying! but i was wondering, whenever you guys DO get melans, how far apart are they? is it monthly? weekly? bi yearly?? from what im seeing, it seems to take some of you a LONG time! im normally not a debbie downer like this; but after seeing so many people share a similar issue, it reaffirms my doubt a little. i think its also important to note; i often time hunt for melan legends. so after spending... ah man, 13k zc for regigigas, 14k zc for meloetta, 6k zc for regieleki, and 19k zc for regidrago.. (theres more, i just didnt document those as ive completed...two of them!) its extremely disheartening to work so hard for melanistic mons just to get faced with reality of how DIFFICULT it is. despite full boosts... you're just not getting anything. your chances are significantly better on a sei day than anything else. (i hardly get any specials if it isnt a sei day, but todays been kind! i love the lil pyukumuku fellas!) i understand the point of melanistic pokemon is to be a nice challenge, but i dunno.. i feel after going so long without one; it really drains your motivation for the game. i went aboutt.. a month and a half without any specials at all, and i was seriously considering a hiatus. but.. id like to keep trying, as i really love these pokemon!! nevertheless, im sorry for the tangent.. i just saw this thread and was like "oh wow, i wonder if other users are having the same melan crisis as i am?" and figured id post! im sorry if im talking too much! i guess i just had a lot to say T___T
It took me over a year to get my first melan.. aand this is hitting 4 months I think
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Hi, can we please move on from the discussion about how long we wait for melans in chain. It is rather off topic from the thread and could really be it's own discussion thread ^^'
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

Hi, can we please move on from the discussion about how long we wait for melans in chain. It is rather off topic from the thread and could really be it's own discussion thread ^^'
I don't really understand how it's offtopic? We're still complaining it's just about how stupidly long these hunts take to complete edit: .. really?
arbor's Avatararbor
Yeah if there's no complaining about long chains I'm not really sure what else there is to complain about? Other than maybe the difficulty of finding eggs in the shelter?
arbor ☼ journal: 574 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

I don't really understand how it's offtopic? We're still complaining it's just about how stupidly long these hunts take to complete edit: .. really?
The issue is that the discussion has moved from the frustrations with melan hunting to a specific discusson of general observations and personal experiences with chain lengths/odds which... is not the purpose of the thread and is genuinely a topic with so much substance it could be a discussion in and of itself. Complaining about a long chain is fine, but discussing the nuances around what an average chain length is or an indepth explaination of previous melan hunts and such is causing the thread to circle around that one topic.
arbor's Avatararbor
I understand the difference now. Thank you for clarifying.

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

I understand the difference now. Thank you for clarifying.
I apologize for not being clear in my initial post. That was my bad for not explaining properly because I can see why the discussion appeared fine because it was about melans haha. But mainly this thread is mean't to be a 'vent' thread where we yell at Sally for being mean. Think 'melanistic hatching' but instead of happy we hatch melans we are annoyed that we aren't getting any lol. So when I saw an actual structured discussion I hobbled together that post without elaborating what was wrong which was not right of me to do ^^' But back on topic i am 1.6k in this shieldon chain without a melan, max odds too cause i'm busting out the Z crystal every day... really hoping this is me getting my bad luck out of my system before the next paldea wave haha

Pages: 123··· 262263264265266··· 317318319

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page