PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 6364656667··· 147148149

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
I actually get happy over every Nice! I get. It makes the work I do a bit more bearable and I get to feel more appreciated. ;~;
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
KodaMotoi's AvatarKodaMotoi
Ravyne, here's the thing. For every user out there who is absolutely fine with things such as this, there will always be a couple or so who have problems for absolutely no reason other than some minor issue that they take annoyance to for some reason. This is true of every community that one becomes a part of. There are those who will have issues with things they really shouldn't, and tend to be more vocal about it. Now, that's not to say that these small handful of people don't ever have anything valid to say. Anybody can have constructive criticism that a larger majority are unwilling to state/wouldn't think there's an issue with. This is fine, and is the way things work. However, there are things where those in charge of the community should realize are valid complaints, and then others that aren't valid complaints. When helping run a community, you should try and keep some things at a distance and not let them get your goat, since that is a thing that could lead to rash decisions. Long story short, you will get backlash for just about ANY feature that gets introduced in some way from at least a small handful of users who would be of the very vocal minority. Nothing will be absolute smooth sailing, and is just something that those who help run a community have to deal with. The 'Nice' feature is a neat, quaint addition to things and provides some interaction in the form of users either showing their appreciation for someone, or feeling a desire to interact in another way and wanting to be friendly in some way. There's various reasons for why someone would 'nice' someone. You don't have to listen to the minority who have a strange, odd issue with it. However, you can also learn from some of the criticism as well, which could probably provide ways of expanding the feature in some way. An example being those who would prefer to opt out of it. You don't have to, but considering the feedback and criticism on a new feature is something that could be done. As a whole, the Nice! feature is a fun little extra.
Avatar art made by me, a cropped version of a larger art piece
Espurr's AvatarEspurr
I genuinely feel like people who send a "Nice" are doing it to be friendly. And I am happy every time I get one. If there are people who will abuse this feature (ie, for faster click backs or getting a "Nice" in return), I think they will be a minority. If anyone feels that a certain person is using the feature for a purpose like that, the solution is too easy: ignore them. If anything is gained from it, it is going to be a small gain for them anyway. Myself, I do my best to click everyone back whether I receive a "Nice" or not anyway (like I did before this feature was added). And I don't think people will feel obligated to change their clicking habits because of it. I don't think the feature needs to be restricted or removed in anyway, but that's just my opinion.
MidnightRose's AvatarMidnightRose
I'm personally indifferent towards the Nice! feature, but just because some users don't care or don't like it doesn't mean it should be taken away. To some it might be trivial but, as others have said, to some people it brightens their day just a little bit with each Nice! they get. I truly see no way in which it can be abused. Does it really matter if someone gives people a Nice! just so they'll be more likely to click them back or give them one in return? If anything, giving someone a Nice! in order to persuade them to click back is better than them saying "OMG! Y u no click me back? Ur so mean and I hate you!!!" or plastering "I hate people that don't click back!" all over their profiles. If you think people just want a Nice! in return and are appalled by the idea of giving them one, don't give them one. You aren't obligated to return them and no one is forcing you to (if they are you should probably report them). You can either be a cynic or just remember that, no matter what the reason, someone took time out of their day to say "Good job."
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
I personally think that some people just like to complain. They've got nothing better to do other than to moan about a pop-up that lasts a second or two. It's in the corner and it's out of the way. It does no harm- Well unless you're allergic to being nice... I actually see no way it can be abused and I, for one, enjoying seeing that someone has taken the time to nice me. I know I don't go around giving nice's to everyone but that's because I prefer to give them to my friends or people who have done something for me/ have something cool on their pages. I don't often give random ones out unless I have time too but I do click users back and might go into their fields in return. Anyway I think it's a really cute feature that makes me smile everytime that I get one.
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
Lorne's AvatarLorne
Aw I love the nice feature. It's kinda sad that people are cynical enough to find something bad out of receiving a 'nice' little word like that. //puncompletelyintentional Anyway, I can't wait to see how many I have, I can't keep count myself. xD
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 620 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
EbonyKnight6's AvatarEbonyKnight6
I also really love the 'nice!' feature. It was implemented while I was going through a really hard time offsite, and every time I saw a little "so-and-so gave you a Nice!" in the corner of my screen it made me smile. It still does make me smile, I'm actually very thankful this feature was installed. I think it may make other people going through a hard time find a smile they thought they lost, like it did for me.
*****'s Avatar*****
Okay, I don't normally post comments but I have to on this one. Those who are complaining because, OMG someone sent me a "NICE" need to get over themselves. This is basically no different than the "LIKE" on FB or something. YOU don't have to do anything back. The only thing I would like to see changed about it is some way to see a list of those who send me a "Nice" so I can click back IF I WANT TO. Other than that I love this. For those who are complaining -- Haters gonna Hate. GROW UP !!!!
Karai's AvatarKarai
I love the 'nice!' feature! I am currently going through a rough patch in my life. Sucky part(s)... So today was the worst out of all the days, and I am seeing these nice! coming and I'm just smiling because even though they don't say why (which I would like but oh well) it makes me feel a little better because the users who send them are going out of their way to send that nice! to me. Yes, a list would be nice though. But I really appreciate the users who go out of their way to send me a nice! I love it. Really helps me cheer up throughout the day.
I do woodburning commissions. Come check it out here!
Al Caponage's AvatarAl Caponage
I personally love the 'Nice' feature. I'm going through a hard time on my life and it makes me smile when I see that in the corner of my screen. It's great how a tiny message in the corner of your screen can really change your mood.
Willing to do shiny and albino dex trades Also please click these 3 My Trade Shop

Pages: 123··· 6364656667··· 147148149

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page