PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 6263646566··· 147148149

Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
retiredstaff.pngultra.pnga+.png
Those people who Nice! everyone they click don't get anything out of it, literally nothing. There's no leader board where they can get higher up or prizes they can win. The only thing they can get out of it is a faster click back and a Nice! in return. Maybe this Nice! doesn't mean anything to you, but there are people who get happy because of it (it's also a great notification for PokéRus). Is a small notification that disappears within a few seconds really so annoying to you, that you want to take this away from other user? You're not required to Nice! back, same as you're not required to click back. And I wouldn't say it's something like a personal Gold Star, it's more like a virtual thumbs up or just a smile and I don't know about you, but these are things that I give out to people without needing a real reason. If I want to tell them something or thank them for anything then I just send them a PM, so that they know exactly why I'm thankful. This feature something I loved in Pkmn XY, I'm not a very social person and don't have any friends who play/played XY. So getting a random Nice! from a stranger (or those power-ups, I don't remember how they were called) was always something that made me happy, even though these people didn't even knew me. It's a game, have fun and let other people enjoy their virtual thumb ups, it doesn't harm you in the slightest and is easily ignored.
Janeabc123's AvatarJaneabc123
senior.png
It would be great to have a list of who has given you a Nice!. Overall, though, I love it! Please don't remove it!
Avatar by me (using a sprite from pokestadium.com) for my use only.
LKWayvern's AvatarLKWayvern
elite.pnge.png
I really love the Nice feature. However, maybe it would be possible to disable it if you're annoyed by it, like how you can disable Friend Requests? Just a thought... Everyone who likes it could keep it, while those annoyed by it don't need to deal with it...
Day after day, give me clouds and rain and grey Give me pain if that's what's real, it's the price we pay to feel The price of love is loss, but still we pay We love anyway
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
retiredstaff.pngchampion.pngd.png
I fail to see what's annoying about it however. As a moderator I've gotten over a hundred of these notifications and counting, they're there for a fleeting second. What's annoying about it? Honestly, I have to question what people these days really want. As there always seem to be a small minority who make a big deal out of everything. You're literally complaining about someone giving you a random thumbs up and probably doesn't expect anything in return. How trivial is that? That's my honest opinion on this matter. This is me going 'BLEH' people, this is why we can't have nice things. Really, this is the real life equivalent of someone complaining because a stranger smiled at them on the street.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Kieri's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKieri
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
I can't see how it's annoying personally, but a toggle option may help satisfy the masses.
Stay hydrated~ Avatar by Squidacious [p]
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
retiredstaff.pngace.pnge.png
Alright, this is what it looks like. This 'nice' thing is literally the equivalent of someone passing you on the street and shooting you a little smile or a nod. A friendly gesture. The reactions I'm seeing here is like people seeing this and just screaming in rage, running at the person with fists flailing. "I'M SO MAD PEOPLE MIGHT SMILE AT ME, ARRRGH!" It's both disappointing and irritating. We decided to do something nice for the userbase... And now we're getting a backlash for a feature that causes almost -zero- interruption to anything that people are doing. What the hell. Seriously. It's genuinely making me wonder if we should do anything to make the site "nicer" for you guys. I mean, with people getting irritated at the slightest drop of a hat... Explain to me - Why should we bother? It's out of the way and a little nice gesture and we're getting 'GIVE ME A TOGGLE NOW!!!!' We've done a little something nice, and we get people leaping down our throats because it's (AT ABSOLUTE WORST) a slightly distracting two second popup. It's not even a bother. Stop. At some point, we're going to stop bothering - because seriously, at this rate, it isn't going to be worth our effort to try... Let alone "bother". And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, but the others can speak for themselves, if they so desire.
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
elite.png
First, I don't think I saw anyone saying they were annoyed by the Nice thing. I just think there needs to be some small change, since there's a small possibility of abuse and getting a lot of Nice's makes me think some people aren't sending them because they actually think someone did or has something cool, which defeats the purpose of this. The abuse part is quite minor but I was thinking that when you send a lot of Nice's, a certain portion of the user's you sent Nice's to you would return a Nice to you and possibly click you back as well. Since the notification only lasts for a few seconds, the clicking back would probably be prioritized rather than clicking back other users who only clicked you. This could very well be my imagination, but it's always better to take precaution for methods of abuse.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
retiredstaff.pngchampion.pngd.png
How can sending multiple 'Nice' be a form of abuse? You're assuming that they want that click back. You're assuming that this has to do with clicks rather than a someone being nice and just 'Nice' ing you because they feel like giving you a thumbs up. This is the issue, people assuming the worse case scenario over something as cute and harmless as this.
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
retiredstaff.pngultra.pnga+.png
Also who decided what this Nice! actually means and that people deserve this only for doing something special? Don't we all deserve something nice once in a while?
Dear Blue's AvatarDear Blue
champion.pngd+.png
I love the 'Nice' feature. In a way, it's cute, I suppose. I also don't see any way that it could turn into any form of abuse. Similar, as spoken above, it's like getting a smile or a nod from a stranger. You don't have to smile back.
[ 199 / 500 boxes collected ]

Pages: 123··· 6263646566··· 147148149

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page