PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 612613614615616··· 748749750

Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Quick question in relation to the 'white shiny' principle, actually: Mega Gengar is technically a white shiny, isn't it? Does this mean the coloration of that is due an update, since the melan is still fairly dark? Not critiquing the current melan sprite, by any means; just curious about this matter.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Dia's AvatarDia

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

Quick question in relation to the 'white shiny' principle, actually: Mega Gengar is technically a white shiny, isn't it? Does this mean the coloration of that is due an update, since the melan is still fairly dark? Not critiquing the current melan sprite, by any means; just curious about this matter.
I believe the lightness is more in reference to the normal sprite. Since Litwick's default color is white, it makes sense that the melan is not pitch black. Another example I can think of is the Swablu line which is more of a very dark blue and gray-ish instead of black. For Mega Gengar, it wouldn't make sense for the melan to be lighter because regular Mega Gengar is already quite dark. So the melan should be even darker than that. Personally, I don't mind the new melan Litwick because it adds more variation for melans as a whole, and having it be completely black did take away from the details of the spite (for example, on the old one, it's hard to see the dripping wax and the mouth). I wouldn't say the new shade of gray is the most appealing to me on its own, but I do think it makes it look more sinister since it looks like it's cast in shadows (especially with the red flame).
official pokemon sprite
background image made by me avatar made by me
Canine's AvatarCanine
Melan colors are based off the shiny, which is why melan litten/line unfortunately suffers from the same dulled out grey as Litwick. And I don't think anyone was asking for Litwick to be the same color as it's evos like it used to, just darker because as it is now it is really washed out. But Litten wasn't changed when people were against it, so I don't expect a change here either. RIP every white based shiny I guess.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
Listen I don't necessarily like it either but I didn't make these rules. RIP every white shiny indeed.
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
I know this is completely random, but does this mean that the Charmander line could be due for an update? I mean... The melans are extremely dark and the shinies for Charmander and Charmeleon are a gold color. A side view of the shinies vs. the melans. All images from the wiki. (A better example would probably be squirtle, because its shiny line's colors are a light blue/tan/dark green and it also has extremely dark colored melans.) And if that IS the case, then this possibly means that the entirety of the Kanto melans are due for recoloring due to how dark the melans are. Like, say, Cleffa or Persian. It's already happened to Vulpix and Eevee as well.
| GIF is of Ralsei from Deltarune (Toby Fox). |
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Personnaly I don't want litwick to be straight up as black as the rest of the line. I would like if white based shiny get an exception if most of their body is white. Example, more or a darker gray. Not really too much near black, but at least enough darker that we could said "wow this is much darker than the shiny sprite" rather than "he got a bit of dust on it" but its a personnal opinion. On a side note, I think this kind of gray still work on Ice type pokémon or when the white is only an accent color. Edit: I've notice that, while scorbunny isnt exactly a perfectly white shiny, they still have the kind of shade I would like to see on white based shiny.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
VEGGIE's AvatarVEGGIE
crying over the new poke.
veggieㅤ|ㅤshe / themㅤ|ㅤnaughty

naughty ice delta collector hoarder of impidimps, soon kubfu.
journal toyhousesecretcredits

credits

code @RAINB0W / forum icon @silver raven on pokefarm / pagedoll @reversedkraken on th / header @xvanyx on da
Maleficent's AvatarMaleficent
i'm sobbing i need these babies!! I'm not gonna hunt them now but i need them aaaaa what a treat. this is some good food right here aaaaaaa

NO PMs || #BLM #StopAsianHate

VEGGIE's AvatarVEGGIE
big same. i love me some plague-themed pokes. gonna have to hunt them in the future. hopefully the melan is pretty!
the only reason i'm not the biggest fan of this fakemon ever is because in my opinion aromatisse is not very appealing and thus any combination that includes aromatisse is also not very appealing, but hoooo my god spritzee + murkrow is the cutest widdle baby
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these

Pages: 123··· 612613614615616··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page