PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 481482483484485··· 748749750

Esme's AvatarEsme
the eyes are meant to be like flygon's eye sheild
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Flygon has those shields because it resides in the desert and flies at high speeds Rayquaza... flies in space I think they should’ve just left the shield out personally, it does seem a bit awkward The two are just do opposite, the most they’ve in common is they’re both green and dragon types o3o It’s not a bad idea but I just think the execution should’ve been reconsidered. Not adding the two into Rayquaza’s body but a whole new body type and sprite. I agree with Final that it looks uncomfortable... I’d also like to just point out though that I do like the whole... mythology variants pattern we have but can we get some variety? Houndour has a variant. Rayquaza has a variant. What’s the next new one... Gligar? Growlithe? I’d love some unexpected variants, pokemon that don’t get the spotlight that often, pokemon that don’t seem too popular. Getting a variant is just what is needed to shine a light on these pokemon and make them popular and more liked and hunted more. Just my opinion but I’m sure I’m not the only one to feel it. I don’t know what the future ones are but I do really hope it’s not more pokemon with variants already.
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
there was a full apocalyptic "series," perhaps the mythology is a new "series."
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Well yeah I’m fine with the pattern, I just hope the use new pokemon and not the same.
Lunalatic's AvatarLunalatic
Ryukuza also feel a bit disjointed to me because of the color shifts, and I think there'd be fewer complaints if the 'Flygon' sections used Flygon's stripe color instead of its main one. I can also see where the problem with the legs comes from. Flygon has a bulkier build than either Rayquazza or Ryukuza, so its legs are more fitting there. Since Ryukuza is more noodly and on a different scale than Flygon, the Flygon legs look -and are- smaller and oddly proportioned. And now, to bring this discussion back to what usually gets discussed...it's pretty cool that Ryukuza's shiny coloration pulls from Mega Flygon more so than standard Flygon or Rayquazza.

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

Flygon has those shields because it resides in the desert and flies at high speeds Rayquaza... flies in space I think they should’ve just left the shield out personally, it does seem a bit awkward The two are just do opposite, the most they’ve in common is they’re both green and dragon types o3o
I'd like to add here that there's a ton of stuff in space that could bother your eyes. Above our planet alone, there's junk left over from decrepit satellites, and tools that astronauts dropped, and the occasional cosmic dust cloud we pass through, creating meteor showers... Plus, maybe the shields act as some sort of sunglasses, since the UV radiation from the sun isn't filtered by an atmosphere anymore.

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

I’d also like to just point out though that I do like the whole... mythology variants pattern we have but can we get some variety? Houndour has a variant. Rayquaza has a variant. What’s the next new one... Gligar? Growlithe? I’d love some unexpected variants, pokemon that don’t get the spotlight that often, pokemon that don’t seem too popular. Getting a variant is just what is needed to shine a light on these pokemon and make them popular and more liked and hunted more. Just my opinion but I’m sure I’m not the only one to feel it. I don’t know what the future ones are but I do really hope it’s not more pokemon with variants already.
This is... kinda why I was hoping Ryukuza's egg would turn out to be some sort of Baltoy variant. Heck, in my mind, the Baltoy line is already closely tied to Rayquaza - there were a metric ton of Claydol in the sky tower back in RSE. But this is getting off topic... I'm sure people like the return of old pokemon, and there's some PF1 variants and CS's that I would enjoy the return of, but I wasn't a member of PF1. I don't have the nostalgia that PF1 users would have for Ryukuza, Metabbit, and the like. Staff has stated that the pokemon who get PFQ Megas were ones they felt deserved megas, and there's many overlooked pokemon in that category. Perhaps the ones who aren't Mega-worthy could get a neat variant instead?
avatar is my own art! formerly known as chimeranyx I currently have shiny and albino Elgyem UFT. Check my fields for prices!
Esme's AvatarEsme
But Arcanine. Mightyena, and Breloom have megas AND a variant : P Can we please focus on giving the sprite criticism and not debate what should and shouldn't get a variant The main issues are + maybe it shouldn't have been a fusion + it looks disjointed + the pose is awkward

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

But Arcanine. Mightyena, and Breloom have megas AND a variant : P
That is true, hm. It could of course, mean that staff simply thought them thematically appropriate. IIRC, the Apocalyptic lines are meant to represent the four horsemen, and were released around 2012? *don't quote me on that* I got this thought when I was out getting the mail really quick, but maybe we could get something like the Alolan Formes? The downside to this though would be that the PFQ forme might get really commonplace.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

But Arcanine. Mightyena, and Breloom have megas AND a variant : P
Hey prime example why there should be more variety. Even more pokemon that have more than one sprite o: I do hope we get more variety, since Esme just pointed out more Pokemon that have had more than 1 new sprite made for them. As for Cognito, true enough in regards to the shields. I kinda meant it like, they’re adjusted to different things, and such, and thus the shield probably isn’t multi use for example. But you have a fair point hehe.
Esme's AvatarEsme
I am in favor of Alolan variants! Type swaps are my favorite kind of variant. Like a fire or water Gardevoir, a fairy Honchkrow, a ghost Joltik... think about iiiit edit: dangit I'm a hypocrite uh yeah, maybe a type-variant rayquaza-looking thing would have worked

Pages: 123··· 481482483484485··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page