PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 444445446447448··· 748749750

Shazi's AvatarShazi
the albino and melan were since they match the albino and melans that were updated
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
CQHerosteve's AvatarCQHerosteve
I'm not sure where to post this, but both sprites for melan camerupt in the wiki are the same gender. I think the males have the bigger humps? Either way, they have the exact same size of humps which isn't right. Both humps are small sized. Dragging the sprites over the top of each other reveals the same sized humps I'm probably just blind though... so I'm sorry if I'm wrong like I always am.
Made by CQHerosteve
Profile Picture Made by me. Maravol belongs to PFQ, Typhlosion belongs to Pokemon
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I'd recommend that you keep Wiki-related errors in the Wiki Discussion Thread, since it's just going to get buried here and we may or may not be checking this thread anyways. Just to make the Wiki Editors' lives a bit easier. Also, I gotta say that I really like the new melan Dragonite. Those colors match pretty nicely.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
@Gladion Alright thank you
Kelsium's AvatarKelsium
Holy cannoli! Congrats Eltafez on the pretty black snek!
gif by Gaëlsøn!
I collect Bug Deltas!
Profile Pic & About Me drawn by me!
Stoutland's AvatarStoutland
This is gonna be lengthy and I apologize, but I just kinda want to sort out my thoughts for the sprite updates. I have a feeling this will be overlooked, but all the same, I am going to try and keep this as respectful as I can. I am by no means an expert, these are all simply my thoughts. As a whole, a lot of the new Albino and Melanistic Pokémon look great! It took me a while to come around as I loved the traditional Albino pattern (pale bodies with pink/red markings? So cute). I am looking at the Wiki, so if they have been updated since on site, please ignore!

(General) color changes between shiny-albino:

These are examples such as the Torchic and Corphish lines. These lines do not have a large difference between them and their shiny counterpart, so to me, having their main colors changed to blue seems odd. It seems more fitting for those that do have a large change in palette (i.e. Nosepass from dark blue to gold) to have a large palette shift.

Mudkip Line Albino:

It makes sense to go with a green palette for the base since the body in both regular and shiny are cool colors, but the color used for the current one seems dulled compared to the main colors. This was a quick thing I colored up that I feel helps give the albino vibe but the green is a bit more vibrant.

Tailow and Swellow Albino:

With the body swap from dark blue to dark green, going with a lighter grey body seems to disrupt the flow. I feel a pale purple could work well and keep with the same idea with the same light blue secondary.

Probopass and Sableye Melans:

While not the same color scheme in their base forms, Sableye and Probopass do share similar color ideas (blue/purple primaries and red secondaries). It seems strange for Melan Sableye’s body to be so drastically different (maroon) compared to Probopass’ purple. While they shouldn’t be the same, I feel they should be a bit closer in color for the primary colors.

Female Meditite Melan:

It seems like it’s eyes may not have been colored in as they just blend in with the body. The male sprite does not appear to have this issue.

Sharpedo and Wailmer Albino

Again, these two have similar palettes (even their shinies are similar in colors) but they go drastically different in albino, then back to being similar in melan.

Numel Albino vs Camerupt Albino:

As a whole, this one is harder to explain and may just be me being picky, but when evolving, the Camerupt regardless of coloration (save for albino) have a major primary color change, whereas the Albino ones both have the same primary color. Perhaps a swap of the primary and secondary?

Seviper Shiny vs Seviper Albino:

(It looks like an easter egg and it makes me giggle.) My main concern is that the secondary colors/marking colors match the same colors as on the shiny, whereas Melan gets a swap. The fangs with the albino are also quite similar to the marking color where in all other forms there is a large difference (i.e. blue and green for shiny).
There are more things I see, but that may be my own taste in colors rather than issues or anything of that sort. At the end of the day, these are simply my thoughts and reflections, and by no means need to be listened to. Thank you!
Current Type Race: 0 Icon by wirr!
× 71 / 1000
× 82 / 1000
Kelsium's AvatarKelsium
Ahh congrats captain on the dark gorl, I love the purple accents, it looks really nice o:
Captain's AvatarCaptain
Thank you! She looks so edgy, I love it. The purple of the head crest is really cool.
greatIcy's AvatargreatIcy
i love new mega blastoises sprite,,,, it looks like theyre really proud of themselves for having water cannons lol
i lov wheles
Am I the only one who thought, after seeing who first posted it, that Melan Arceus was found? XD Sad that it wasn't, but I still believe in them to get that dark llama god!

Pages: 123··· 444445446447448··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page