PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 366367368369370··· 748749750

Congrats on the melan fish! They looks so cool! While I'm here.. I wanted to mention that melan Volcarona/Larvesta's melan sprites are a little odd. And by this, I mean the shading and colors used. Before I say anything more I do NOT mean any disrespect. This is a critique only. The red and blue used is very close to the original non-shiny/albino colors. And the shading is either very light or ... backwards? I'm not sure how to describe it. Edit: removed
You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!
Zen's AvatarZen
I'm sure the art staff will be changing melan Larvesta/Volcarona once they get to Unova.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by VerlorenDasein

Congrats on the melan fish! They looks so cool! While I'm here.. I wanted to mention that melan Volcarona/Larvesta's melan sprites are a little odd. And by this, I mean the shading and colors used. Before I say anything more I do NOT mean any disrespect. This is a critique only. The red and blue used is very close to the original non-shiny/albino colors. And the shading is either very light or ... backwards? I'm not sure how to describe it. Edit: removed
edited quote as asked. Just As Zen stated:

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

I'm sure the art staff will be changing melan Larvesta/Volcarona once they get to Unova.
The revamp project is an ongoing project that us, the Art Staff, have actively been working on. As its such a large project, It should be noted due to 2 revamp updates so far, that we're going by region. Hoenn is next, and so on. We're half way to Unova and I would appreciate it if we were given patience. The Art Staff are well aware that Larvesta line, among the remaining Region "Albino" and Melans, need tending to for whichever reason be neon, darker of Normal/Shiny, inconsistancy etc. But we've currently not gotten there yet. Along with revamps, we also have other projects we work in tandem together. Also, Staff do not take user suggested ideas for art and sprites. We take critique on our sprites, that's a different story, but not something like this where you're proposing something specific like making it blue or purple. While I appreciate that you want to help, you're actually not and effectively cutting options for the Art Staff to make our own options. Because you have publically posted your proposal", which we cannot use for legal reasons, The Art Team now cannot offer a Larvesta revamp line that has blue in it. Cause then it can be taken that you gave us that suggestion even if we make serious corrections in our versions. And by saying that, I'm a tad annoyed, as I wanted a blue Larvesta. Now we can't
But also, since you have posted it, do allow me to critique what you have. It lacks any consistancy, its too dark, it its monochrome black, Volcarona is too bold, and the eyes are too bright. Here's Shiny Larvesta line: Shiny Larvesta's body is a darker brown from the normal, the tendrils on its head are a nice bright Yellow-orange. Those Tendrils are closely similar in color to Volcarona's wings. Shiny Volcarona, its Torso's outer sides are a light lavender, with the center join being a mid grey color. This Mid grey matching its head color and teh spots on wings. Its fluff is also a off white grey with light cyan shading. The center point of Larvesta/Volcarona is NOT the fluff, rather the tendrils/wings as seen in both the Normal and Shiny. Reason why I'm tallking about the shiny before explaining about your melan, is because When we make our melans, we reflect the melan's patterns from the Shiny. That's how the Art Team does it, as we hold a strict guide for consistency when making revamps. With your Larvesta, the tendrils are a bright blue color, which is far to bright for the Melans we've been revamping. We're stepping away from the neon. The eyes are bold, bright and they stick out like a sore thumb. The body for Larvesta is also too dark, I can barely make out the shading and lining for it. The Body is also far darker in general than it should be in comparison to the hair. For your Volcarona: The wings are far too dark and BOLD. Its also not similar in color to your Larvesta's Tendrils, not even a similar blue. Its bother to stare at the wings with how bold they are, on top of it having bright red eyes to it. Both of which are what my focus goes to, not the fluff as you intended. Its also very difficult to tell where the head horns are supposed to be with how dark the wings are. The head and spots on the wings are both the wrong color, the the head being charcoal from teh torso's outer sides and the spots being black. Both should use the Center Torso Joint's colors. The torso's outer joint colors are charcoal grey, where the shiny's torso in the same places actually have color. It being grey is incorrect. The center part of the Torso is indigo blue, just a hue shift off from the wings, when that part of the torso should be grey/black with the head and spots. The chest fluff also is a straight grey color, which while the base would be grey, the shading would need to be tinted. The lining for chest fluff also should've been the same color as the color of the center torso joint.
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I kinda hope Larvesta's line stays as it is now but gets some shade tweaks. I know that won't happen because it seems like BOLD aka any color with saturation is evil but man, I love those blue eyes. I no longer have the melan larvesta I hatched but I personally think it's one of the best melans out there. It looks like a true melanistic larvesta. Darker all around, but preserving the fiery feel and intense look to the original pokemon. bold isn't always bad... we can have color... and still have it look good.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
I'm sorry for the presumptuous nature of my post, I didn't quite understand and I apologize for not thinking things through before publicly posting. If it helps, I've deleted my harmful suggestion. It isn't my intent to limit the Art staff on a potential cool color to use, and I realize now that it wasn't wanted or needed and is wholly unhelpful to both you and the other staff members. I also apologize for being impatient, it's a huge job to make a couple hundred new designs and sprite renders.. Thank you for the very in-depth and respectful critique despite me being rather arrogant and post unsolicited sprite edits. I'm very sorry, my intent wasn't to be a nuisance. If it was possible, would it be allowed to delete what I posted so it doesn't restrict the artists? I feel awful that it would be my fault that we couldn't get a blue Larvesta.
Brindlefinch, given that we have some sprites that are relatively bold but still manage to be what we need for melans, I think you've misunderstood the issue with the boldness - fact shows that your claim on "bold being bad" is incorrect. It's more a manner of can it be made to work. VerlorenDasein, we can remove it but it doesn't change what happened. More than anything we appreciate your want to help! The problem is that we have had people claim that they were the influence behind 'x' or 'y' and they simply were not. It's more of a legal problem than anything (being able to claim, for example, that we copied or took inspiration and having a shred of evidence as "proof") and it's one we're keen on avoiding. It's a bugger, but that's all it is. Lol... Kinda like when different artists who have made fan art get recognised as the "creators" of the fakemon designs and our artists are sat here just... " N...No... That was me / us... ;'c "
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I don't really understand what his feet are doing, but I think that the rest of the sprite is awesome. Good to see Hawlucha get some love, he's one of the better Fighting types in my opinion.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Díonysus's AvatarDíonysus
not the biggest fan of hawlucha in the first place, but i think the mega sprite looks really neat, especially in the shiny colors !
[ avatar is official Elden Ring art ]
Kayu's AvatarKayu
Can someone post a shiny and albino version of the sprite? Would love to see it :D
LavenderHues's AvatarLavenderHues
I made a face intitally when I saw it was Hawluchite, but Albino Mega Hawlucha? Pastel perfection.
Forum icon drawn by me!
× 628 / 713
Sea Crown hoard progress until I can restart my hunt!

Pages: 123··· 366367368369370··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page