PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Constantine's AvatarConstantine

QUOTE originally posted by ChaosBalance

My Kaspersky automatically scans everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that comes in and out of my computer, so I don't have the adware problem.
Kapersky is an anti-virus; it picks up viruses not malware. To scan for malware you need an anti-malware program. I suggest you take the information given and download malwarebytes.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
I have to say, I have an adblocker on my browser but I saw something a month or two ago where Niet said it was basically thieving money from him and since then, I changed my adblock to allow PF and PFQ ads to be displayed normally. I trust PF and PFQ which is why I allow the ads there but I refuse to trust other sites, hence why I have adblock.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes!" - 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sirshark10's AvatarSirshark10

He just got done saying how AdBlock is theft, and you then go and promote AdBlock. Smooth.
They arent promoting it in any way. They said simply that they used it. Realistically, i use it too. Why? To prevent myself from clicking on ads, same with others who use my computer. Do i feel bad when i visit a site and theres a lot of ad revenue? Yes, because im basically stealing. But realistically, so many more people than me and this other person use it. If you look at the percentage of Google chrome users, more than 50% of them use adblock, at this point its a normal thing for everyone to have, and the other browsers have their own form of adblock that people use. Its practically useless attempting to enforce the rule of "No Adblock." am i saying it shouldnt be enforced? No, not by any means, im just saying that slapping that rule on to the list, is basically all you can do.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If I wanted to outlaw AdBlock, I'd just put <div id="advertisement"> ... </div> around the entire site and AdBlock would strip... well, everything, making the site unusable ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Actually, Niet, I'm glad you put this up here. Not only did it teach me to re-configure my settings, but it also helped me clear over 20 cases of adware I thought had been removed from my computer previously but had not. I found this thread very useful, and I will keep this in mind for a long time.
SnivyLover's AvatarSnivyLover
Scanned my computer for ad & malware, it's clean as a whistle. Also, changed my settings on Adblocker so Niet gets his money from the ad. (Believe me, I know how important any amount of money is. Some US college text books can cost $300 each.) I am no longer a thief! (Besides, the ads on PFQ and PF are so cool to look at.)
Avatar is from Pokemon Conquest by Nintendo
Alik's AvatarAlik
Just to note, some people just may not understand computer stuff and therefore don't understand such a thing as an issue. I'm sure a decent amount of young players play the game, but I am also aware of people who are older that lack computer savvy. Most of the time the problem is: 1: They don't know. 2: This not knowing is caused because they don't have anyone around that does know. 3: People around them don't know because they weren't taught and can't teach anyone else. It's pretty common I'm afraid, so it's good this is getting informed to people. Malewarebytes is a good program, I use it myself. Perhaps make a thread on the issue and help people understand it better. A lot of times, it is not the persons fault they don't understand. I was fortunate to take a computer class and learn a lot, but some people are not so fortunate. In that, it's good they can get some understanding, and perhaps more can be explained as well for people that do not have the fortunate chance to learn or do not have someone whom can teach them. ^^
Thanks for the reminder to check my adblock settings for this site! I nly just got it recently, so I accidentally had it installed for this site, and have since disabled it. (Got it mainly for one or two other excessively annoying sites, so I apologize the week or so I had it active here. ^^; ) I've always liked the ads for both Pokefarm sites, honestly. They were never obtrusive, nor did they have the annoying auto-play thing with volume, making it annoying if you're trying to watch youtube while clicking. Anywho, just wanted to say thanks for keeping the ads nice and simple here. Ones that aren't obtrusive like the current ones are always very much appreciated.
Avatar commissioned from Amura-of-Jupiter for my Discord Server and personal use. Please check her out!
ØrangeCøne's AvatarØrangeCøne
I know about the one that is suppose to be there but everyone so often it doesn't show up. Like yesterday it was there but currently it is not showing. And yes this is the same computer that I used yesterday and didn't install any adblock thing.
KitKatKutie2's AvatarKitKatKutie2
I believe MalwareBites is the program that GAVE my computer Adware. IDk though.
kit | 22 | general moderator shopsite rulesjournal
code and sprite by me for my use only. official mystery dungeon dx artwork.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page