PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It has come to my attention that there are a staggering number of you with adware on your computers, and perhaps more worryingly is the number of people who think it's completely normal that there's massive advertisements breaking the beauty of the page. Here is a screenshot from PF1, and the person who reported this thought it was completely normal and suppposed to be like that! Adware is a REAL problem. We need to eliminate that now. First of all, let me tell you what things SHOULD be like. Under the navigation bar, there should be a single advertisement. It fits neatly in the space between the navbar and the announcement box, and just to the right of it is a button that says "Your ad here! / Report bad ad". There is more recently a second one underneath the first post of Announcements threads, neatly titled "Advertisement" with a small message explaining why it's there. These are the ONLY advertisements on PFQ. If you see any more than these two, YOU HAVE ADWARE. (And if you just see an empty black space, then you have AdBlock and are stealing money from me. Just saying. If you see nothing at all, then you have Hypermode and disabled ads. Thanks for your support if this is the case!) Anyways, the most common cause I've seen so far is browser extensions. In particular, there's one called "HD Streamer" which has a tendency to just pop up out of nowhere and install itself on your browser. Remove it at once. Try disabling all browser extensions, and see if that fixes the problem. If so, enable them again one by one, until the ads appear again. The last one you turned on is the bad extension and should be removed. Finally, if the above fails, run a deep scan of your computer with some malware scanner. A good one would be MalwareBytes. Hopefully, we can go back to having a site that actually works, rather than being broken by people's malicious code on your computer.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
I actually had this problem two months ago with the log out key automatically sending itself without me confirming that I had pressed okay on the "Are you sure you want to log out?" pop up. I knew it was Adware but every scan showed nothing wrong and the extension, PDF Viewer, was the culprit but couldn't be removed. Not only that on the main screen before I log in there was this weird blue key thing in the password box called View-Password. By pure luck, actually by my sister downloading modkits for GTA 5, she downloaded something that gummed up the computer and all somehow affected the existing viruses allowing them to be removed via MalwareBytes. I have not had a problem since with either here or PFprime which kept me off for weeks because the ads there were even worse than the ones here. For everyone reading this, take Niet's advice. Check your computers because ads on this site are not fun. Especially when they block how your fields are viewed.
Art Credits:
Avatar created with the Catlike Icon Maker website. It is free to use.
Wanna Battle?
Pokemon under level 30 will be refused. Train up and come at me :3
Honestly, I had installed Google Chrome's Adblock and Adblock plus about a year or so ago. Since then, I have not seen any ads, so I was never aware of a problem.
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn
I recently uninstalled Surftastic. Another Adware comes in the form of Media Viewer or something along those lines, pretending to be an extension for Chrome. Uninstall both if you see them on your programme list.
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸
Strife Silvak's AvatarStrife Silvak
I experienced this problem as well about a week ago, and after some checks discovered that Adware has somehow got installed into my computer while I was checking programs, since I have once encountered it. So while Adblock programs are a big help, it might be also a good idea to check your programs to find these Adwares and uninstall them like Lord Pyorn has pointed out. Like Media Viewer, Adware can come with all sorts of names to make it look legit, but really isn't.
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

This is the ONLY advertisement on PFQ. If you see any more than that one, YOU HAVE ADWARE. (And if you just see an empty black space, then you have AdBlock and are stealing money from me. Just saying. If you see nothing at all, then you have Hypermode and disabled ads. Thanks for your support if this is the case!)

QUOTE originally posted by MyLøvelyStär

Honestly, I had installed Google Chrome's Adblock and Adblock plus about a year or so ago. Since then, I have not seen any ads, so I was never aware of a problem.
He just got done saying how AdBlock is theft, and you then go and promote AdBlock. Smooth.
Signature by Naiyala
Pearlwind's AvatarPearlwind
I had some adware just a few days ago. it didnt effect pokefarm for some reason,but it gummed up a couple of my regular websites. i acutally found it in my add-ons two days after i got it. it had the most obvious name ever,too. "RNads" or something like that.
Avatar is made by moonfern11! Sprite is made my alix-chan!
DeviantART//FR//Charahub
Foxlover19's AvatarFoxlover19
If You are Using Adblock on chrome like I am you can easily go into settings and make pokefarm an exception to the adblock so that ads will only appear on this website or other websites you have chosen. this allows people to keep the adblock on and avoid theft on websites like this that get money off advertising. I hope this helps those that dont want to completely remove Adblock.

QUOTE originally posted by RedCydranth

He just got done saying how AdBlock is theft, and you then go and promote AdBlock. Smooth.
Wasn't promoting it, I was just saying I wasn't aware. I have now switched the permissions of it, so now it shows. All fixed. I'm not technologically savvy, so when someone tells me to use an extension, I use it. I don't really know the settings behind it unless someone tells me otherwise. Now that the person above me has, I have switched my settings and will remember this in the future.
ShadowLily's AvatarShadowLily
I have this problem every now and again but I go in and get rid of the stupid HD thing -3- anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page