PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

OceanBound's AvatarOceanBound
People think that's normal? Sheesh. I would honestly hate to see what they consider abnormal. Anyways--I'm always paranoid about adware, etc. So I have my computer protected to the max. [And I even protect my boyfriend's computer.] I hope a lot of users see this (they should!) and do something. Since having that much adware is a definite problem. And, since I'm not savvy with how sites work--how is adblock stealing from a site like this? I thought you got money if someone clicked an ad. Not if it loaded. Obviously I'm wrong if having Adblock is stealing from Niet.
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
I also thought adblock wouldn't steal from this site since I think this site uses project wonderful, which was pay per day, not view or click.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
While it's true that people pay per day to have their ad shown, it won't mean anything if the ad gets blocked from being seen, will it? :P
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
SnivyLover's AvatarSnivyLover
That's true, I use Adblocker plus for other sites (some have so many ads, the pages have a time delay that affects online computer games and, I for one find it annoying.) Pokefarm, however, places ads in a way that DOES NOT compromise the loading/functionality of the page. In that case, I don't mind the ad.
Avatar is from Pokemon Conquest by Nintendo

QUOTE originally posted by SnivyLover

That's true, I use Adblocker plus for other sites (some have so many ads, the pages have a time delay that affects online computer games and, I for one find it annoying.) Pokefarm, however, places ads in a way that DOES NOT compromise the loading/functionality of the page. In that case, I don't mind the ad.
I have Adblock Plus, but have disabled it for this site since the ad is unannoying. One single ad that just silently sits there and doesn't get in the way of anything. That, and I can't really buy zophan right now, so ads are the only way of me supporting this fun place.
Avatar art drawn by Duchesslunaire
Full Incense

Full Incense

Incense

(: 0)

An exotic-smelling incense that gives a feeling of being bloated.

Sells for 48,000

Lv. 100 — +62,331,275
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Normal
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
;] Let's try to stay on topic shall we, the main point of this announcement is informing you good folks about adware and other malicious stowaways that may be harmful to your PC. Nothing more, so let's keep on the down low when it comes to the discussion on Adblocker and who has one or no.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Rhylexa's AvatarRhylexa
I'm horrible with technology so could someone explain how to get rid of it in case I have this specific issue? Thanks ^.^ but sorry if I just would just be considered wasting your time./:
Shop- shinies/albinos, gem/summon swaps, Melan dexing, and buying some things for ZC! Journal---Random Info, Living dex (In progress), & shinies/albinos I need TFSDTS--- I dex shinies/albinos for free!
credit
Background from Temple of the Sea F2U code by Gumshoe
Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
@CrazyLuvWolf: Google MalwareBytes, it's a free, and I mean completely free unless you decide to get the pro version, anti-virus software. It scans your computer and completely removes any and all adware and malware. I have it on my computer and use it once every few days.
Art Credits:
Avatar created with the Catlike Icon Maker website. It is free to use.
Wanna Battle?
Pokemon under level 30 will be refused. Train up and come at me :3
Lucario321's AvatarLucario321

QUOTE originally posted by Kira the Cat

@CrazyLuvWolf: Google MalwareBytes, it's a free, and I mean completely free unless you decide to get the pro version, anti-virus software. It scans your computer and completely removes any and all adware and malware. I have it on my computer and use it once every few days.
It is very true. I accidentally downloaded a virus, and I did not know under what specific file I have downloaded it. I scanned my computer and it shortly afterwards showed me a list of all offending files and deleted them. It wasnt too hard. The website link may be found here
ChaosBalance's AvatarChaosBalance
My Kaspersky automatically scans everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that comes in and out of my computer, so I don't have the adware problem.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page