PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gimmighoul updates (Meltan is here too!)

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is clear that Gimmighoul's gimmick, while correct in some ways, is not adequate in others. I'm fixing that now. Meltan is being adjusted too. The basis for Gimmighoul's rarity on PFQ was to match the fact that, realistically, you'll only get one Gholdengo in S/V games, and the fact that Gimmighoul itself is treated in a very special way. It even got its own event thingy in PoGO, and overall was treated like a Mythical Pokémon in many ways. Add to that the fact that it is Genderless and specifically in the No Eggs Egg Group, this all compounded into the decisions made here. I think we need to "correct" a few things to make it fit PFQ's style of gameplay better. Note that it's not the first time we've "corrected" things, the biggest example being Nidoran being a single species with a gender difference and gender-based evolution, rather than two separate species. We also gave Legends gender ratios, as it was made clear in Mystery Dungeon games that Legends do have gender, it is just "unknown" in main-series games. So "correcting" Gimmighoul to fit our game is not a problem. The following changes have been made to Gimmighoul: - Gimmighoul Coins are now a part of the "Treasure" category of Box loot drops. - Gimmighoul Coins are available in the Tournament Prize shop for 1 Token. - "Evolving" Gimmighoul to Gholdengo (via Colress' Shack, in case you didn't know!) is now done with 99 Gimmighoul Coins, rather than 9 Relic Gold. Use of one Gimmighoul Coin as an Event Summon Item to get Gimmighoul Eggs is unchanged. The following changes have been made to Gimmighoul and Meltan: - Rarity has been changed from Legendary to Semi-rare. - An Egg Group has been added: Mineral for Gimmighoul, Mineral/Amorphous for Meltan. This allows them to be bred with Ditto. - Steps to Hatch has been reduced from 20k/30k to 10k. Note that this means Nature inheritance no longer works with "party member holding Everstone", but instead uses inheritance rules when breeding. The following change affects Meltan only: - You can now buy Scrap Metal in the Tournament Prize shop, for 1 Token each. - To prevent an infinite money exploit, the direct sale price of Scrap Metal (selling from your inventory for instant Credits) has been slashed. Totally unrelated change: - You can now buy Beast Balls in the Tournament Prize shop, for 8 Tokens each. This provides a slightly more expensive, but significantly more instantaneous, way to get more Ultra Beasts. I hope this helps!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Thank you so much for listening to us! This definitely makes me feel better. The beast ball change is also amazing so thank you!!!
Thank you for this change, I know I don't speak for everyone, but I know a lot of us are extremely grateful for you listening to our feedback. Arceus now doesn't seem crazy to obtain, and has given me some motivation to get it done! The Beast Balls are also an unexpected but welcome surprise, and makes getting the remaining beasts feel a bit easier too, albiet a bit more expensive, but easier nonetheless. Thank you ^^
Collecting Thunder Feathers!
× 58/250
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Frankly, when I first heard of the Gimmighoul evo method, I thought it would take 99GP (or 999GP or something) to evolve, since they're already gold coin-shaped things! This feels like a good compromise, lore-correct without being, like, uber-expensive or uber-cheap. Thanks for the Beast Ball change as well!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
Awesome, thank you so much for making these changes :) The beast ball change is great news too!
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
This update is literally one of the best updates ever. I take back any negative criticism i've ever made about you in the past, this is amazing. I'm glad that the mods actually listen to the community! :D
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
Shinekiara's AvatarShinekiara
I bought a Gimmighoul coin before the changes for the 34 tokens it used to be. I think many others did the same. Can we get those tokens back somehow or be compensated for this massive loss? :(
Avatar was a reward from the advent calendar here on PokefarmQ (2017 reward for day 13)
Azelas's AvatarAzelas
Thank you for pushing through this change! c:
Collecting:
Reshiram
Zacian
Zamazenta
Glastrier
Spectrier
Shinorin
Giratina
Keldeo
White Stones, Dragon and Fire Z/Frags
{Shop} - {PM Friendly} - {Avatar by Inkmonkun}
MissMilotic's AvatarMissMilotic
I also would like to know if there's anything that can be done for those of us who spent 34 tokens on the gimmighoul coin, because now it just feels... wildly unfair.
  • Shop
  • Type Race
Summons, S/A/Ds, Z-Crystals, BPs, +much more!
Was previously known as Slilexa but I changed my name! My Type Race Score is 1216
Credits
BBCode/CSS: Firefly (ALeafOnTheWind) Graphics: Fay (Fallure) Commissioner: Slilexa For use by the commissioner only
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Shinekiara

I bought a Gimmighoul coin before the changes for the 34 tokens it used to be. I think many others did the same. Can we get those tokens back somehow or be compensated for this massive loss? :(
This point was brought up in the Suggestion thread discussing Gimmighoul and proposing the changes that ultimately led to this update. Of the people who responded there, it was practically unanimously agreed that getting the balance fixed was more important than any losses incurred by early adopters, and so that's what I went with. Token purchases are not tracked, so there would not be any way to automatically compensate users for their purchases - and even if there were, profits may have been made. For example if you bought 5 coins at the expensive price and sold them for millions each, well then you've profited immensely and so it would actually be wrong to compensate you in this case. Due to the complications involved, and the general agreement mentioned above, I won't be applying any kind of blanket compensation for this change. However if you believe you were particularly affected by this, you can message me directly and we'll try and figure out what is fair.

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page