PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéWalker Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As you may have noticed, the PokéWalker is at least slightly relevant again. So it's about time it went from v1.1 to v1.2! Changes: - Distance walked with individual Pokémon is now tracked. It's currently only kept internally, but it is used for a certain evolution! - The "GPS Signal Lost" error text has been replaced with "Poor GPS Signal (~###m)" where "###m" is the accuracy of the signal being received. In order to work properly, this value must be below 30m. See below for troubleshooting weak signals. Additions: - You can now "cash in" Interaction Points for steps in the Walker. The exchange rate is 1k IP = 100 steps (which gives you 5 Watts). While it is still greatly encouraged to use the Walker "as intended" (ie. walking with it), I realise that not everyone can do that - either for physical reasons, mental ones, or the simple fact that not everyone has a suitable smartphone. This was fine so long as the Walker was purely a side-feature with no main-game implications, but now... that's no longer the case. Thus, an alternative! - Pokémon now receive Affection when you use the Walker. They gain 10 points of Affection for every 1km walked. Using this method alone it would take 25.5km to max out a Pokémon's Affection. It's intended as a fun alternative to Perfect Berries, should you wish to use it! Troubleshooting: If you are struggling to get a strong GPS signal, this could be due to a number of factors: - Device is old. Older devices generally don't have accurate enough GPS chips. - Device is in Power Saving mode or similar. Many devices will lower the accuracy of GPS results to save power. If battery life is a concern, remember that you can turn the screen off and walk, so long as you turn it on again at your destination to claim the straight-line distance. You won't get as much progress counted, but you'll save battery life! - Environment too rural. Remote areas may not have good enough coverage for reliably getting a GPS signal. - Environment too urban. Ironically, living in an urban area can cause problems too: tall buildings or buildings made of solid concrete may block or scatter GPS signals, resulting in lower accuracy. If none of these help, try the Help forums, someone else might have ideas or experience! Please check the About screen of the Walker - it should show v1.2; if it does not, you may need to reload it, clear cache, the usual stuff to remove it and force it to reload.
Edit May 1st: It is no longer possible to log in via the PokéWalker. Turns out I totally forgot this was a thing, and it let you bypass 2FA entirely! Whoops! It should now prevent you from logging in from the Walker itself - the Walker has been adjusted to just present you with a direct button to the main site to log in, but as always cache issues might cause it to still show a login screen (that won't work).
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Rin Satsuki's AvatarRin Satsuki
So you need around 10k IP in order to get the step evos now? That's a bit steep, especially due to how little 100 steps is, I've walked around my house a bit and gotten that many, so perhaps an increase would do?
Avatar is by Formal Peanut on DA for my use only.
Bolt's AvatarBolt
Huge update! Thanks!
Formerly known as Cappn!
Awesome to see!
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
yautjan's Avataryautjan
I can't tell you how happy I am to see an alternative, especially having another use for all the interaction points that just sit around when you're a regular but disabled player.
heartpiece's Avatarheartpiece
Very happy with the update, and the alternative!
Buying Ice Fangs + Red Soul Dews for 25ZC JournalF2U BaitsArt Shop
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. OOT
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n

QUOTE originally posted by Rin Satsuki

So you need around 10k IP in order to get the step evos now? That's a bit steep, especially due to how little 100 steps is, I've walked around my house a bit and gotten that many, so perhaps an increase would do?
If you do 1k clicks a day you get that for "free" from the site... 10k IP isn't really that bad.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
I love that you've added some quality of life improvements to this! I do think the 10k IP is a bit steep for an evo, but overall this is a big step forwards. Edit: just realized 10k IP is Not At All steep and im silly.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Gamingwolf87's AvatarGamingwolf87
Thank you for this. The feature to add IP for steps will greatly benefit me as I am disabled and u able to walk far without great pain.
Ottsel's AvatarOttsel
Thank you so much for this, Niet and Staff!
|ღ|Icon by Ressy|ღ| |ღ| Previously known as Rattata |ღ| *Signature and Art made by Chanty for my use only*

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page