PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Musings of a Mudkip (Spoilers!!)

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123··· 14151617

doodlekip's Avatardoodlekip
Sentret hunt is going well! I mean... nature-hunting is never easy, but it hasn't been too bad for me this time around :D Usually it always feels like such a fight to find your eggs in the shelter, but I haven't had any issues with finding mine today-- not sure if it's because I clicked 25k times today or if it's because it's been about 48 hours since I first started releasing eggs but either way this is so much easier than Totodile. Lol First shiny hatched today and he's the right nature-- one down, one to go! Honestly with Sei bonus tomorrow I might finish this hunt before TR even starts. Would be a refreshing change of pace to get a nature hunt done so quickly!
Also got an albino! She'll be mega'd sometime in the next few days :]
I've also come to the realization that melan Mega Furret Q is unreasonably gorgeous and I think I need one :o So melan Sentret hunt will happen at... some point? Will probably be a number of months at least but uhh we'll see I need to go to bed though-- goodnight everyone, thanks for voting on the polls :] Edit: Hi new sub! c:

Blue || they/them

________________________ water + psychic delta collector
trade shop Journalcredits

credits

Code by RAINB0W Forum Icon + Signature Pagedoll by me
Let's go, Gigavolt Havoc! Type Race Score: 119
That was the most painless hunt of my life, ily Sentret <3 On to Hoothoot!

Chattin about the S/V DLC

(not super spoilery but hideboxing just in case)

Indigo Disk is good so far! I don't think I'm super far in yet because I've... been wandering a lot oops. Also the battles are surprisingly difficult-- I'm genuinely resorting to Smogon to figure out a way through some of them lol (Maybe it wouldn't be too hard for anyone who knows anything about competitive doubles but I. Do not know anything about competitive doubles) I just got two shinies essentially back-to-back (Trumbeak from an outbreak, then a random full-odds Oddish) so... at this rate I think I'm going to try to make an all-shiny team to beat the DLC with? Wish me luck! I also can't express how happy it makes me that the wild encounter and trainer battle themes are just the ones from BW :D
If I had a nickel for each time a new game (or game DLC) released during a TR, and consequentially my participation in the race slowed down so that I could play said new game/DLC, I'd have... three nickels? Weird that it's happened thrice Despite the fact that Indigo Disk released a few days ago and I've basically been playing it nonstop since, I still managed to squeeze in some TR hatches-- and I ended with a score of 2,129 points! As a team we scored 140,198 points and ended in 16th place. I hunted Hoothoot for this race, with the goal of hatching two timid shinies-- unfortunately I didn't hatch any, but I still got a handful of sparklies (including a random chance shiny)! I also had the secondary goal of hatching a special for my Secret Santa this race, which I did end up achieving, but for secrecy's sake I'll leave it at that >:) Now that the race is over, it looks like I'm about to be the only one breeding Hoothoot, so I think I'll keep hunting them for the time being! In between Indigo Disk... and the approximately five bajillion drawings I need to do skfhjgdgdf For next month's race (I'll be Team Poison!), I'm thinking about maybe hunting Spinarak? Ideally I'd be able to finish Hoothoot and Ledyba first though, so... fingers crossed!
This farmer got 1000+ points in Type Race!
This farmer got at least 1 shiny in Type Race!
This farmer got at least 1 albino in Type Race!
Also!! User CaptainNessbot recently made these wonderful F2U TR achievement ribbons, and I think I'll be using them on all of my recap posts going forwards! :D
I'll be Wonder Trading away a few specials at different points in the day today! Enjoy :]
Happy (belated) new year, PFQ!! I hope 2024 treats everyone well :D Haven't posted in a little while, but I'm happy to say that my Johto dex hunts are going well! Hoothoot is finished, and I've already gotten one of the two Ledyba I need. Unfortunately I'm once again competing with other users to even see my eggs in the shelter, but... such is nature hunting xD I'm really looking forward to the shelter update though-- being able to see who released which egg on the shelter page itself is going to be so nice are you kidding me Also got one of my dream mons yesterday (thanks Silver Raven)!! Look at her, I love her <3
So! I think my general PFQ goals for 2024 are going to be: -Upgrade all badges to Platinum - top priority -Organize ALL my fields and do a breeding pair cleanout -500 water deltas + 500 psychic deltas by the end of the year? (currently have 135 water and 163 psychic) -Have at least 30 mons total in my Johto living dex (currently have 14) -Open an art shop I have been struggling with art burnout lately because I pushed myself to draw so much in October, only to immediately take commissions in November (one of which I still have not finished), so... we'll see about the last one. Hopefully I get to a point where I'm feeling up to it, because I'd love to do more commissions going forward! Albeit in smaller doses... lol I don't know how to conclude this so... just pretend this is a good coherent conclusion to this post. Lol. I really hope you're all doing well! Remember to eat/hydrate/take your meds if you need to c:
Finished Ledyba, so I decided to start a Mudkip chain on a whim and had pretty successful day yesterday! I think this is the most specials I've hatched in a day without HM. And I forgot to use a shiny charm lol Look at how polite they all are. Perfect creatures <3333
Guess who had their first missed rus today. Lol
Glad you all liked that last post xD I think that's the most upvotes I've ever gotten on a journal post before. Lol I've officially been on the site for one year now! Wild. I thought I'd have more to say about this but it turns out I don't-- so have some art instead

I've been wanting to make a proper site Pokésona for myself for some time now, and I decided the most obvious route was a psychic delta Mudkip :] The doodles on the right were just to fill space lmao The kip in the bottom-left corner is edited official art-- mostly because I don't really draw Mudkip super on-model and wanted to see what this guy would look like if they were-- but everything else was drawn by me! I'll probably come up with a name and make a more formal ref sheet for them at some point but here's what I have for now :3
I meant to do this yesterday but got distracted by Scarlet oops. TR recap!

Long

I was on Poison this month, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to hunt Spinarak and Zubat, since those are the next two hunts I need for my Johto dex. Unfortunately luck was not on my side-- these two were the only specials I hatched the entire week:
The race is over, but I'll keep trying for a couple shinies! I'm over odds now, surely soon I'll get one of them at least ^^; Points-wise, my final score was 1,874-- which is my new record for the worst I've done since last May, but that's ok lol. As a team we scored 167,659 points and ended in 16th place! (It's honestly strange how many times I've ended up on the 16th-placing team specifically-- this is my second consecutive time and fourth time overall. Lol) I'll be on Team Ice next month, and since my birthday will be just before TR I want to hunt something special, but I'm not sure what yet... barring legends and E/Vs, there's not really a lot of ice types I'm particularly fond of. Maybe I'll just do randoms?
This farmer got 1000+ points in Type Race!
This farmer got at least 1 albino in Type Race!
(F2U TR ribbons)

OH I got a fishing shiny this week too!! He was named Jumpscare originally but I ended up naming him after the song I was listening to when I found him. Which is a funny coincidence since I found him in the Sea area... lol
Shiny hunting via fishing was honestly more fun than I expected-- I haven't found any more fishing shinies since then, but it's definitely something I want to do more of! Depending on how the Super Rod gets implemented, I might consider fishing for some of the Johto dex shinies I need. Whatever happens though I definitely want to hunt for a fished shiny Mudkip at some point :3 Final thought of the day: Legends Arceus soundtrack good. That is all

Pages: 123··· 14151617

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page