PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Wiki Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 7475767778··· 104105106

SporkNoggin's AvatarSporkNoggin
Seraphin is plural for seraphim.
My Pokesona! (Edited by SoulDahDerp for SporkNoggin's use only)
| I am nonbinary. Use any pronoun. | Credits
PFP by Zerobold, Signature by me.
eura's Avatareura

QUOTE originally posted by SporkNoggin

Seraphin is plural for seraphim.
Ah, okay. Something like "Left Birds Wing" or "Left Angels Wing" still doesn't sound right to me, although I am not a native english speaker :x
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
As a native American English speaker, Seraphim being plural in the situation doesn't make sense to me. If there were an s, it would make more sense to be an 's, belonging to the bird or angel, but even that is iffy.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
9972 pts .
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Does anyone actually own one to varify that it says "Seraphin" and that wasn't just a typo? It does sound weird but unless it gets re-released it's not really worth arguing to get it renamed.
Sciana's AvatarSciana
what? i thought seraph was the singular version of seraphim. seraphim is definitely plural (just like cherub and cherubim). seraphin isn't even a word i don't think, and it can't be the plural form of seraphim because seraphim is already the plural form of seraph.
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +46,619,423
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFire
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Seraphim and Seraphin are both acceptable plural versions of the Latin forms of the word.
Sciana's AvatarSciana
ok, i wasn't sure for that, but you still said seraphin was plural for seraphim when that's not the case. they would be interchangeable...
Mystera's AvatarMystera
According to Wikipedia: "Seraphin is a masculine given name, adopted from Latin Serafinus, Greek Serafim (Σεραφειμ, Russian Серафим), ultimately from the Hebrew word seraph." The accessory really should be either seraph or seraphim.
Wikipedia also states that they are just plural forms of the word. I don't see why it would have to conform to a female version instead of just leaving it how it is.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Because as far as I can tell seraphin isn't an English word? I'm gonna stop arguing this until we can get an admin to weigh in.

Pages: 123··· 7475767778··· 104105106

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page