PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Upcoming changes to S/A/M/D

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 101112

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is unfortunate that some people seem to be of the opinion that "the staff (or rather, Niet) don't agree with me, therefore they don't care". That's just not how life works, guys XD I'm doing the best I can here.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
InsaneMandii has not said that at all. She was merely stating that was the feeling she got from this whole thread. Please don't put words in her mouth, thank you. Back to the point: you see, I have the excact opposite. I have never felt more demotivated, bored and absolutely useless on this site than right. now. I can simply not afford 12 bucks a month on a site that has now such an RNG (appearantly) that makes it impossible for anyone to make a living just selling specials. In February, I used to do a gift-a-bear event in my shop. It was a way for people who can't afford the 'normal' prices to gift a friend a sweet Teddiursa, Cubchoo or Stufful. I did all these 3 hunts in about a month or 2 and I got the fair amount of specials for it, enough to last me the entirety of the event and even have some spair. I will not be able to do things like that anymore with these rates. Personally though, I don't usually mind updates, but I also know nothing we say will change any of the opinions in this thread as I feel like we're just talking to the birds at this point. I love staff, they do the job well but even I can't deny sometimes we're not as heard and I get it. You can't please everyone. But the lack of even consideration (and not just this) is what gets me the most. Anyway, I have said my piece of mind and that's all I just wanted to say really.
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
xazz's Avatarxazz
I apologize if thIs message looks weird I'm on my phone and it doesn't like this message box x.x Despite saying all these things you haven't addressed the core REASON these changes were made. to bolster and fIx a, in the eye of staff members, and broken economy where specials held no value and were too common. so you made changes. and that's totally fine. One needs to make changes to figure out what workds.works. This change didn't work. Specials ate still cheap. DP is Still worth basically nothing. and you (I'm using royal you for all these not specifically just saying niet also. you as in staff as a whole for this entire Post) are so worried are still arguing with us about rates. you changed the rates. it's been several months since the initial change and more or less a month since these current changes. you've literally seen people tell you your game isn't fun anymore and they're going to stop playing and you're like "that's acceptable to me". Which.... what? just what???? Pfq is a business and you're just finE with people no longer being engaged and people no longer spending money and people leaving the site? The game isn't as fun now As a bunch of people are telling you and likes on posts seem to agree with. Every game I've ever played tries to maximiz player Retention and player fun. this feels like the only game where that isn't the case. I don't understand why you're so against listening to player experiences and realizing that your grind game is now insanely UnrewardIng as I said in my last post. you aren't respecting your players or their time and THAT is why everyone is so mad at staff. I wanna play Pfq again Bc I liked playing it. I used to spend hours on It every day and excitedly showed my friend I play with all my shinier and albinos but with these changes my time and clicks and hatches aren't respected because "tHe numbers say it's fine".
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Thunderjaw

InsaneMandii has not said that at all.
Nor did I reference anyone by name, but curious how you tell me not to put words in others' mouths while you yourself put words in mine...
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
I just want to let you know what I think of this situation. There is a very clear undestanding problem, it's not only the staff to blame the users as well. A slight nudging of staff and Niet feels as if the Staff is being attacked, also users posting same thing again and again everyday, changing a few word and that's it. This is not a way to make a change happen. we need to talk constructively. Complaining and taking a slight criticism as an attck isn't going to do it. I am still pleading from a small change from 1/180-->1/160 in the albino rates, to see how things go. And about the whole economy fiasco, I had predicted it ages ago. Not only that but now melans value have halved. They are not collectibles anymore, never were after the DP was introduced. Not melans, but any CS or other limited items/mons don't increase in value.[They should as they get rare, but they don't.] I want to make a suggestion abou the Shiny Charm and Uber Charm switch but I just can't, I don't have time to wait in suggestions thread. It's never going to be "implemented
This is a little bit offtopic, but the suggestions thread have to be improved, I don't want to wait 2 years to listen that "moving this to approved, but we have other projects at hand so it will take time."
PS Please don't think anythin said here literally, I am just viewing it as a general thing.
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Thunderjaw

InsaneMandii has not said that at all.
Nor did I reference anyone by name, but curious how you tell me not to put words in others' mouths while you yourself put words in mine...
And this was not even directed towards you either Niet. edit: For those possibly curious, it was directed at louiserace
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
steeve's Avatarsteeve

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by steeve

It’s a slap in the face to have people pay and then change the rates halfway through an ubercharm or HM membership.
While I wouldn't agree with the exact wording, I understand your point. This is why when substantial changes are made that would devalue things already paid for, compensation is evaluated and delivered. That is why Lucky Seals were made exchangeable for Legendary Seals, and why Shiny Charm Boxes could be turned in for roughly equivalent value.
I do not understand why you need to nitpick people’s wording when you understand the point just fine. It feels very dismissive to ignore things that are said because the wording isn’t up to your standard. Also, the ubercharm was changed to be worse without a decrease in price or compensation to users who had already bought one when the changes went through, so your lucky seal comparison is moot since this is about the changes to the ubercharm specifically. The reason we feel like you (or the staff in general) don’t care is not because you don’t agree with us, but because right now what we’re seeing is a very dismissive attitude where people’s concerns are brushed off and suggestions are ignored. How many people did it take to ask for a confirmation on the rates before it was addressed and how many people have provided suggestions that haven’t been addressed? It’s so frustrating to spend real money and then have the product be changed after its already been paid for. And then to see very valid concerns be ignored because those concerns don’t match the play expectations of the admins or don’t foster the imaginary ‘economy’ (that, again, is not everyone’s play style and should not be forced on to everyone, if that’s the reasoning that’s being used to keep the s/a rated worse). You’ve already said this change should’ve been done half a decade ago—so why change it now, now that people are already used to a certain standard and deviation from that will only upset paying players? Not to mention there will be a PFQ2 (or whatever it will be called) eventually, so why not just leave these game-breaking changes for that, instead of frustrating people now? I do not understand why any of this was done in the first place, since it seems to have only created more problems. And this is not a personal attack towards you, Niet, in any capacity—this is my view as a consumer who is disappointed with the product I bought with my real-life dollars. You are the one who is the seller here so that’s why these criticisms are addressed to you. It’s not a personal attack directed towards you as a person, but directed towards you as the seller of a product we’re buying. Edit: Here’s my off-the-wall suggestion. Make shiny rates 1/50. Make albino rates 1/70. Make it possible to get a melan in, like 1000 eggs so everyone can finish their hunt faster and move on to the next one. Make the game easier and you’ve got higher player retention and less frustration. Is this realistic? No, of course not. But better rates = less grind = more people actually feel rewarded and want to continue paying to play. Worse rates lead to more grind and less money being invested back in the game.
🌟 🌟

vivillon patterns i need

Icy Snow, Monsoon, Poké Ball Elegant, Icy Snow my pattern is Sandstorm, if you'd like to swap!
i collect δ also check out my trade shop! all art is my own
abingy's Avatarabingy
I wanted to add my thoughts to the recent conversations. Regarding the devaluing of DP itself, I may be wrong in niet's thoughts but I think that it was expected/intended for the DP value to decrease with the increase in DP gained from S/A. That was why I supported the change in the first place at least. In my opinion delta hunting was way too expensive and thus very inaccessible to a majority of the player base, so a DP value decrease has been needed for a long while. And regular deltas were practically worthless (although the ability to trade them in now helped with that) even with the high hunt costs so it's not like the decrease has hurt the value of deltas. That being said it doesn't hurt the prices of shinies/albinos since the DP gained/value roughly equal out. I do think though that melans need a double in DP also because since specials values are inherently linked to DP values, except for the very popular/sought after melans, melans will start to decrease in value. This may have already started, but I haven't been spending a lot of time looking at melans for sale in the trade forums so I can't confirm whether or not it is. As for the shinies/albinos market itself, the biggest issue imo is that the prices for shinies/albinos has been established for so long that it'll be very hard for people to justify paying more for them now even though the odds have decreased. If we do see an increase in their value, it'll take a long time. But then, I don't know if I'd really want to see them increase anyways (as a buyer at least) because not only will it take longer to hatch them yourself, but also take longer to earn the currency needed to buy them. I've pretty much given up shiny/albino hunts since they just don't seem worth my time compared to melan hunts so buying is my really my only route now and so I wouldn't want to see that harder too. As I've said before, I don't think reducing the odds was the way to "fix" the economy, the focus should've been on ways to get people to buy the specials. It doesn't seem like it'll be reversed at this point though so it's probably useless to keep saying that. The buyable crystals was a good first step towards increasing demand but more could definitely be done.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Greeny's AvatarGreeny
I think I should add my thoughts to the situation. I very much agree with Goatlady and QuirkyRabbit, Hypermode and using the charms are not really "pay-to-win", because you still need to interact to hatch eggs, trade, send pokemon out to scour, and breed eggs just like everyone else. While you can get specials quicker with the boosts, it's still much more efficent to be actively playing to get the most out of those benefits. It's the reason why I only buy Hypermode when I know I'll be actively playing every day, in which my focus can only last about a month so it works out well for me. Even with Hypermode, trying to hunt legendaries or varients is a pain in the butt! The way I see Hypermode is that it's best for people who are already spending a lot of time on this site, and it's a great way to support the people working on this site while getting nice perks in return. I'm not sure why some people here are using charms and the albino radar everyday, because to me you've set yourself up to sink money fast. It's best to use them when the Sei bonus is active, for example. And I don't get why you're buying Hypermode every month if you feel like it's not worth it, Thunderjaw. Are you not buying the 6 month pass, as that's cheaper in the long run? I honestly don't think Hypermode is meant to be bought every month, because you'll be wasting your money when you eventually become bored and less focused on the site (and that's normal, you can't keep focus on this one website forever). Just like shiny hunting in the real games, sometimes you gotta take it chill and slow. You don't need to keep spending money just to make some number go up so you can get a better chance at getting that different coloured set of pixels. You're gonna get that special eventually. Maybe Niet should code in a cool-down to stop people buying Hypermodes every month because they feel like they "sunk too much money into this game" haha... I'm joking btw, but people really do just need to take a break from the site if they feel they *have* to keep playing, rather than playing it because you want to.
  • About
  • Melans ♥
  • Type Race
Avatar made by me ^^ I use he/they pronouns! I collect jolly pokemon!

Pages: 123··· 101112

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page