PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Upcoming changes to S/A/M/D

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 101112

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
After a lot of planning and discussion with the community, including polling the userbase for a vote on whether to proceed, the following updates will be packaged together and released as one.

The update is now live. 1. Shiny and Melanistic adjustments: As per /forum/thread/341650/I-over-buffed-Melanistic-Pokemon... - PokéRadar max chain for non-Hypermode users increased from 38 to 39 (effective 50% boost) - Shiny Charm boost increased from 2x to 2.5x - Übercharm bonus reduced from 8x to 6x. - The Übercharm has been removed from the Shiny Hunting and Albino Hunting pages, since it no longer affects those variants. It remains on its own page. 2. Albino adjustments: As per /forum/thread/342634/Delta-update-proposal-vote... - Albino rates boosted by 50% - Z-Crystals have been reworked: -- Boost reduced from +100% to +50% -- Duration extended from "until Reset" to 3 full days -- Using them is done entirely separately from the Albino Radar itself -- You can set a reminder to notify you when your Z-Crystal runs out
!! IMPORTANT !! - Due to the change in the underlying system changes, old data is incompatible. AVOID using a Z-Crystal when you charge your Albino Radar on the day of the update, as its bonus will be lost when the update goes live. - Z-Crystals can be used at any time, but the Albino Radar is required for Albino hunting (unlike Shiny hunting which can happen by random chance). Using a Z-Crystal without the Albino Radar active will waste power, since +50% on a chance of 0 is still 0.
3. Delta adjustments: As per /forum/thread/342634/Delta-update-proposal-vote... - Delta Points from Guest Interactions raised from "1 each to a max of 10 daily" to "5 each to a max of 50 daily" - Delta Points earned from turning in Shiny and Albino Pokémon has been doubled - Delta Points can be traded in for Vouchers for a fee in Credits (base fee: 1k Credits for a 10 Delta Point item; bulk discounts apply) - Z-Fragments matching the current V~Wave can be purchased at a cost of 30 Delta Points each. As a reminder, 7 Z-Fragments can be traded for one Z-Crystal on the Albino Hunting page.
Thank you for your patience and your feedback in the above discussion threads. I hope these updates will go some way towards fixing the problem of special rates being too high for several years, as well as the general low value of Delta Points. I'll be continuing to watch stats and read feedback as time goes on to see what further adjustments are needed.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
I hope we can discuss here! Thank you for providing the desired updates, especially about the Z Crystals and thank god for the minimal fee :D
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
Deirdre's AvatarDeirdre
The change looks great! I think you found a really wonderful middleground between everyone who wanted to keep old rates or go back to new ones. Nice job!
Mercy's AvatarMercy
thank you for listening and for being quick to create a solution. This is looking like a good middle-ground to me. looking forward to the update and seeing how it will impact my future s/a hunts ^.^
Hexed's AvatarHexed
So Niet once this goes live you're taking a long vacation right? It's been a helluva month (or two? or three? i'm losing track) and you deserve a rest to relac and recharge. Thanks to you and all the staff for coordinating all this back and forth and coming up with a solution that I think works really well!
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
Really like the changes that are discussed here. I'm glad the Z-Crystals are getting an overhaul, from till reset to 3 days. That's a good bonus, it kinda makes the reduced chances more sense as well. Overall, looks promising. I'm glad you're listening to the community, I was getting a bit worried about the changes made previously as a hunter, especially if that's all some of us can really do still ^^ Anyway, sounds like some good changes are being made and we appreciate it :)
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
Melia's AvatarMelia
Awesome! I hope the new s/a/m rates will be more balanced now. I started a new hunt and I am up to 264 eggs hatched, I have HM, shiny charm, uber, and albino radar lvl 7. I have gotten 1 shiny, 0 albinos and 1 melan!! I agree that albinos should be rarer than shinies, and they defenetly weren't with the old ubercharm, at least for me, I always got more albinos than shinies. And while I am happy I got a melan so early in the hunt, I really don't think you should be able to hatch one before you even hatch an albino. At this point it looks like albinos might be rarer than melans (I know they're not actually rarer than melans, but it just looks that way). Hopefully the new rates will be more balanced now.
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe
Looking forward to the updates and continuing disscussion on tweaks after they've had time to take affect. :) Thanks for listening to the community and taking the time to come up with workable exciting changes.
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
MerpleSerple's AvatarMerpleSerple
Z-Crystals being extended to 3 days is really cool, and I think balances out the reduction well. I'll probably start using mine instead of selling them, especially with them being available through DP now. Overall, a very good update, excited to see the results! Side note, will there be testing on the new hatch ratios? I'm curious to see how they've changed on a site-scale, if the stats were recorded.
  • My Current Hunt
  • Type Race+Plans!
2/226 hatched! S: -k credits/- gp/- zc A: -k credits/- gp/- zc
0 points this month! Planned hunts:
Niero's AvatarNiero
I really like these changes, and I think they'll help with balancing out the game. Thank you for listening to the PFQ community's suggestions.
Niero | he/him | purveyor of edgy boys Profile pic is from Pokemon Crystal.

Pages: 123··· 101112

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page