PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Upcoming changes to S/A/M/D

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 56789101112

steeve's Avatarsteeve
Can anyone do some math and confirm what the current albino rate is for me? I struggle with percentages. I noticed a significant drop in albinos hatched when the initial 240 rate went into effect, but I haven’t seen any positive change since the 50% boost. Are we back to 120 and I’m unlucky, or are the rates higher than that?
🌟 🌟

vivillon patterns i need

Icy Snow, Monsoon, Poké Ball Elegant, Icy Snow my pattern is Sandstorm, if you'd like to swap!
i collect δ also check out my trade shop! all art is my own
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Current albino rates for radar level 7 are 1/180 without a Z-crystal and 1/120 with a Z-crystal. Rates for lower levels would be lower, but I don't know what they are
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
steeve's Avatarsteeve

QUOTE originally posted by QuirkyRabbit

Current albino rates for radar level 7 are 1/180 without a Z-crystal and 1/120 with a Z-crystal. Rates for lower levels would be lower, but I don't know what they are
Ah, that’s... discouraging. I was really hoping we’d be back to 120 rate as that’s the impression I got from Niet’s wording. Perhaps this is a good time to rework the albino radar, if the rates will not be improved. Investing 100k IP points (14k perfect clicks daily!) is an incredibly high price tag for a boost that doesn’t guarantee a daily reward. It would be nice if it lasted for 24 hours, which would at least give the opportunity to span 2 days like a shiny charm and justify the high price tag. Since shiny charms almost always guarantee a shiny (considering you can stretch it over two days of gameplay and hatch a max of 300 eggs there is high chance you’ll get at least ONE shiny), why not change the albino radar to last a full 24 hours too, so there is at least a slim chance players will earn at least one albino per charge? I don’t see why the radar HAS to reset exactly at midnight. Although it’s a “free” feature, 14,000+ clicks is a very high price tag for a 50/50 chance of getting nothing but frustration in return.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by steeve

Perhaps this is a good time to rework the albino radar, if the rates will not be improved.
I literally just boosted them.

Investing 100k IP points (14k perfect clicks daily!) is an incredibly high price tag for a boost that doesn’t guarantee a daily reward.
As I have already explained, Level 7 is expensive for only a slight further increase. If Level 7 isn't worth it to you, just use Level 6 - it's what I do!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
Ah yes. An albino boost right after a nerf, then a buff like a week ago. I love this community.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
steeve's Avatarsteeve

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Perhaps this is a good time to rework the albino radar, if the rates will not be improved.
I literally just boosted them.

Investing 100k IP points (14k perfect clicks daily!) is an incredibly high price tag for a boost that doesn’t guarantee a daily reward.
As I have already explained, Level 7 is expensive for only a slight further increase. If Level 7 isn't worth it to you, just use Level 6 - it's what I do!
And we all appreciate the boost! But considering that there was a lot of negative feedback regarding making the albino rates higher, this is still a work in progress to find a good balance. From my personal experience, I went from cranking out IP because I knew it would be worth it in the form of an albino, to wasting IP on days without an albino, which is very discouraging. Especially since there’s not really a pay-to-win way to get more of them (since even through DP you still have to wait for the right time to get a a-crystal). Is there a possibility of the radar becoming a 24 hour use as opposed to until server reset? Is there a particular reason why it isn’t 24 hours like the other boosts? Making it span over two days will give more opportunity to hatch an albino, which in turn will make the investment more worthwhile and feel less like a waste. It would be a good middle ground between wasted IP points and having to change the rates again, and it won’t discourage daily gameplay since players must still return in an day to recharge. Edit: for others who are bad at percentages, can you tell us what the albino chance is for the other radar levels so we have a general idea? I understand it’s not a guarantee, but it does help plan a general ballpark of what to expect.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

Edit: for others who are bad at percentages, can you tell us what the albino chance is for the other radar levels so we have a general idea? I understand it’s not a guarantee, but it does help plan a general ballpark of what to expect.
I mathed out the different albino rates working backwards from the 1/180 number we are given and utilizing the boost percentages. (These weren't verified with Niet but I'm fairly certain the math here is good, someone let me know if not.) You can also test my offsite calculator for the odds of you hatching an albino in a certain amount of eggs at all of the different radar levels. Maybe that can help you decide when you're active enough to justify charging your radar. These values are also rounded to the nearest whole for readability. Level 7: 1/180 Level 6: 1/270 Level 5: 1/480 Level 4: 1/768 Level 3: 1/1536 Level 2: 1/3073 Level 1 (Base odds): 1/6145
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Can someone tell me where the 1/180 rate is coming from? In the original thread, Niet said level 7 rates were halved from 1/120 to 1/240. At the top of this thread, Niet said there was a 50% boost. That would be 1.5/240 = 1/160, not 1/180.
Avatar from the 2017 PFQ Advent Calendar. Kinaster (C) PFQ 2017. Permission to use covered by FAQ #2 here. On from 15-03 server time, occasionally 12-05
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by superguideguy

Can someone tell me where the 1/180 rate is coming from? In the original thread, Niet said level 7 rates were halved from 1/120 to 1/240. At the top of this thread, Niet said there was a 50% boost. That would be 1.5/240 = 1/160, not 1/180.
Sorry for the ineloquent mobile screenshot, but straight from the horse's mouth: It was probably stated elsewhere too, but this is where I know it from.
If it was stated elsewhere, I don't believe it was in this thread. I did a Ctrl-F before I posted my first comment. So, which is it? That's an extremely definitive source that it is 1/180, but that is directly contradicting the 50% boost stated in this thread. I'd prefer if the odds were adjusted to 1/160, given that I'll be trying to do a Legendary Melan hunt in a few months. However, all that really matters to me is that the either of the numbers is corrected. If it's only a 33% boost, so be it. It's completely understandable; the target was 1/120 odds at level 7 + Z-Crystal, that would be 1/180 at level 7, and 180 is halfway between 120 and 240, so it looks like 50%. Genuine accident. I just want confirmation one way or another, especially since communication is something that has been focused on recently.

Pages: 123··· 56789101112

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page