PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Art Projects

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

flybynyx's Avatarflybynyx

QUOTE originally posted by jupiterspecks

omg more trainer customization!!! im soso excited for this! :D
Me too! Fingers crossed for braided hair!
On Aug 3 2018 11:27 AM CDT per TeeTurtle.com Permission granted to use avatar image ●○ Trading CR/GP for ZC ❗️ Send PM Forum Games ○●
eager for super long hair
Remster's AvatarRemster
Speaking of Whiscash, am I the only one that have some difficulty to see the W on its head ? I remember not so long ago a mod asked me to adjust some colors of my about me because there was a blue text a little difficult to see apparently (so I did the changes and now everything is good ^^), and what is funny is I could more easily see that text in blue than the W on Wishcash head so... I'm highly confused now... ._.
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Remster

Speaking of Whiscash, am I the only one that have some difficulty to see the W on its head ? I remember not so long ago a mod asked me to adjust some colors of my about me because there was a blue text a little difficult to see apparently (so I did the changes and now everything is good ^^), and what is funny is I could more easily see that text in blue than the W on Wishcash head so... I'm highly confused now... ._.
Howdy! Mod answering here rather than an Artist since this is more rules-related than just being sprite stuff at the moment. The Legibility Rules are for About Me, Forum Signature, and Forum Post templates. It merely dictates that all text should be easily readable. On the other end of that, Pokemon sprites don't have to follow the legibility rules, because they're not text to be read. They're images with designs and such. Even if you were to point out the pattern on Whiscash's head, it's not inherently a letter -- it's a horizontal zigzag pattern that happens to look like a W. It's nice to recognize it as being similar to the letter, as it was likely intentional, but there's not text content here. It doesn't have to be "readable;" there's nothing there to read. That said, if you do have an issue with seeing certain parts of sprites, that is something you can say. There could be issues with lining or shading or colour selection that make seeing certain parts difficult to see. In some cases, the Pokemon's design will just be Like ThatTM and the Art Team will have represented it as best they could in the sprites. In other cases, adjustments can be made for clarity because there genuinely should be more distinction.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Remster's AvatarRemster

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

Howdy! Mod answering here rather than an Artist since this is more rules-related than just being sprite stuff at the moment. The Legibility Rules are for About Me, Forum Signature, and Forum Post templates. It merely dictates that all text should be easily readable. On the other end of that, Pokemon sprites don't have to follow the legibility rules, because they're not text to be read. They're images with designs and such. Even if you were to point out the pattern on Whiscash's head, it's not inherently a letter -- it's a horizontal zigzag pattern that happens to look like a W. It's nice to recognize it as being similar to the letter, as it was likely intentional, but there's not text content here. It doesn't have to be "readable;" there's nothing there to read. That said, if you do have an issue with seeing certain parts of sprites, that is something you can say. There could be issues with lining or shading or colour selection that make seeing certain parts difficult to see. In some cases, the Pokemon's design will just be Like ThatTM and the Art Team will have represented it as best they could in the sprites. In other cases, adjustments can be made for clarity because there genuinely should be more distinction.
Oh I see, thank you for the explanation ! I don't know what are all the requirements for the sprites, epxlaining my confusion ^^' I don't mind that much it's hard to see, I mean I'm not a fan of Whiscash so it's not a Pokémon I'll look at a lot xD I think the reason I have issue to properly see the W on its head is because the dark grey of the skin become a more light grey at the top, right where the W is. But if it's just me who have some issues, it doesn't matter that much ^^
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
Telling us what's going on, letting us have a say, and vote on it is making me very happy. I just want to see more pokemon, more updated designs, and more fakemons :)
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.
im not sure if this has already been discussed, but are gigantamax forms gonna be added to the site?
My avatar is my custom character, Tailvee. As it's name suggests, Tailvee is an Eevee combined with Tails the Fox :3
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox

QUOTE originally posted by FortressGoddess

im not sure if this has already been discussed, but are gigantamax forms gonna be added to the site?
As it stands we do not have plans of adding them. Please feel free to check this thread for a more in-depth answer <3
✦ ✦
73/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
Will this be the last color change for the old sprites? I feel like a lot of hunters, myself included are trying to find a safe line to hunt without the colors changing on us constantly and spending time and money on a hunt that changes on what we dislike.
Ange ✦ She/They ✦
agender pan
journalshop
F2U code by Colorful
Hoard:|| Buying: | |
Poison Deltas
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
In general, the older the sprite, the more likely it is to be changed. Just as many online games try to update older content to keep things fresh and of a good quality standard, the art team also strives to do the same. So the short answer is no, the artists will never make any change "the last one". However I fully understand the sentiment behind your question. I personally do not like using CSS to change sprites and can understand how it feels to have a special that you worked very hard for change under your nose. So I'm going to expand a little bit on what was said in the announcement as well as combined with what we know about the various gens' PFQ release dates. Gen 3, 4, 8: the most recently released/updated and therefore the least likely to change for now Gen 5: will have new shading and colours Gen 6: will have new lineart, shading and colours Gen 7: will have some changes but the exact scope of the changes is not confirmed yet Gen 1, 2: some sprites will be chosen for cleanups individually where we feel that they are necessary, but will not have whole-region changes like 5/6 The same applies to our exclusives, variants and megas: the newer ones are not likely to change while the older ones are. I hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect in terms of changes down the line. As Shazi has mentioned, we will give at least a week's advance notice for sprite changes unless it would spoil an event such as MCW.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page