PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Art Projects

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

POLL: How would you prefer recolours be released?

Total votes: 880

You must be logged in to vote.

Shazi's AvatarShazi
Hi Everyone! I'm Shazi I manage art now. In an effort to be a bit more transparent about what you guys have to expect I have a bit of a summary of some of the projects we have been working on in the art team! Some of these don't have a release date as of yet but we are working away at them~ In the interest of the site we'd also like your opinion on how you would like to see recolour updates happen. Do you prefer waiting and having one region at once or would you prefer smaller more frequent updates? Please answer the poll so we know what you think!

Mass click weekends!

If you've been here for more than a couple of weeks you know the drill, every month we host a mass click weekend to add a fun new forme to the site. This year's line up is all set many of our designs for the year have been submitted and we are working away to make sure the sprites are good to go by the time each month comes around!

Albino and Melan Revamps

This is a large project that we normally do one region at a time, but you may have noticed some older sprites (Kanto specifically) have been getting touch ups. We hope to give you at least a week's heads up before making any changes where we can. That said there are times where those won't be possible, such as mass click weekend updates. It would give away the surprise if I said "Hi the Sudowoodo line will be updated Monday" now wouldn't it ;) As you might have read before I got into more details, we're trying to listen to feedback and we would like to know which you would prefer in terms of recolours. One whole region at a time, or several evo lines at a time? If you could reply to the poll that would be really helpful for us in planning out how to keep you updated on progress. As for what we are currently working on, Unova is a big region, and the sprites are.. well they're very flat so currently we are working through and making adjustments to the canon sprites so our recolour work flow is easier. On the side, we have several artists working on adjusting Kanto pokemon as many of those don't meet our current standards anymore, as I said previously we will endevour to give you heads up on those changes. We have also been working on updating old Fakemon recolours as many of the older ones also no longer meet our standards for recolours.

Sprite Revamps

But Shazi you already talked about revamps? Ah yes but those are the colour revamps, we also have many sprites to revamp. Specifically those in Kalos and Alola, many of them were rushed, poorly sized and if we are honest made by inexperienced hands. We are hoping to push these through along side the recolour revamps for each of these regions, but that's a ways off. Like with all the others we hope to give a good week's warning. Along with Kalos and Alola and a few canon megas we are also revamping some of our variants! Guild Igglybuff, Shooting Star Cleffa and the Apocalyptic variants are all on the table for updating. We very much look forward to sharing these new and improved versions with you!

Wishforge update

You may have seen in suggestions forum Niet's proposal for adjusting the wishforge, it's all very exciting and we thought what a perfect opportunity to revamp the badges! We have redesigned the Wishforge badges to be clearer in progression as well as updated versions of the mastery badges. Here's a little teaser of what's to come :)
These will be coming along side Niet's adjustments of the wishforge so stay tuned for that!

Events

We love story events, don't you guys love story events? We've noticed a number of people lamenting the lack of them and we agree! Story events are fun! We want more of them! Anyway, we want to make more of these but they take a lot of preplanning and prep work. Any story plans will have their own announcement so you will know in advance when they are coming :) Outside of story events we have an upcoming easter custom sprite! Maybe the return of a fun minigame? 👀 We'll try to keep you updated on what fun things we have in store for you in regards to events as best we can.

Trainer Customisation

It's been ages I know, some things had to take the back burner to prioritise Galar release and we on the team were severely lacking hands, but with the recent round of artist hires we have more people to get into the nitty gritty. More hands = More things getting made and we have a wave of customisation getting pretty close to ready for release. Look forward to the announcement for that before it drops~

New Canon pokemon

Not to get too spoilery since not everyone has played the new Arceus Legends game but we are working on new things from it. For more on that head over to our annoucnment thread for that here As for Scarlet/Violet. We will be releasing the new pokemon from them but not until after the games drop. We need significant amounts of information that can only be gathered once the games release to add them to our dex. In the mean time please check out the thread we have for discussions on the games! and remember keep your spoilers to the appropriate places, this thread is not the place to discuss the new games and their mechanics/new pokemon.

Update!

Update 10th March 2022 Thank you everyone for your answers to our poll! Given the very clear preference to wanting multiple evolution lines at a time rather than one big region we've decided to try releasing Unova this way. As I said throughout my post, you will be given prior warning to this of about a week along with which lines are getting updated. Please look out for announcements regarding this in the future~

4th May Update

Quick heads up, the Pichu and Sneasel line will be having adjustments to go alongside the Snichu line. Shouldn't take me longer than 2 hours to get them up from this post. Sorry this one is a bit sudden, couldn't quite give as much warning without giving away the MCW pokemon.
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Sharpy's AvatarSharpy
Thank you SO MUCH for these updates, I'm honestly so excited for the revamps, and also to see what these story modes are all about! :0

0 💖
PFP by pinkskittypow!

Harpy Harë's AvatarHarpy Harë
So my concern is For the story events would it just be for new players or is it for everyone? Edit I'm not sure if the remakes added new mons but I'm excited for the new Pokemon!
Official anime screencap (Gently) edited by me
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Cero

So my concern is For the story events would it just be for new players or is it for everyone? Edit I'm not sure if the remakes added new mons but I'm excited for the new Pokemon!
Our story events on pfq are for everyone. They are individual little stories told in the pfq setting :) no one will be excluded if we can help it
ChampionCedar's AvatarChampionCedar
Looking forward to seeing these revamps and updates! Also on the topic of sprite revamps and new pokemon added, will any more of the old PF1 fakemon or variant sprites be brought back besides the ones that are already here? It would be awesome if more could be brought back. Furthermore, the story events, will they also have something within the story for users to do like the quests back in PF1? Personally I enjoyed the quests from PF1, would be very cool to have something similar brought back here, especially the Safety Matters quest
Avatar photo is an image of my own flying Pikachu from old Pokefarm, now the flying Raichu below. Credits Pokefarm 1 sprite creators for flying pikachu sprite, dressed it up myself. Farmer at Pokefarm Q since February 24 2014, Veteran of Pokefarm 1 since April 29 2012
Lv. 100 — +1,561,021
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricFlying
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by ChampionCedar

Looking forward to seeing these revamps and updates! Also on the topic of sprite revamps and new pokemon added, will any more of the old PF1 fakemon or variant sprites be brought back besides the ones that are already here? It would be awesome if more could be brought back. Furthermore, the story events, will they also have something within the story for users to do like the quests back in PF1? Personally I enjoyed the quests from PF1, would be very cool to have something similar brought back here, especially the Safety Matters quest
We are looking at exclusives from PF1 and will bring back those we can (revampedand redesigned) some others might get downgraded to costumes (see armoured Mewtwo) As for quests like PF1 I can't really say. If we do you will get an appropriate heads up on their introduction!
GLJordan's AvatarGLJordan
two of the most famous story events would be the introduction of Kinaster and the aquiring of the now grown Kinaster
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
All in all I'm really looking foward to the updates, thank-you for being transparent. I'm slightly disappointed that we'll be losing the dragonfly and bat shaped wishforge badges as I really loved those and that's the main reason for having those at master but am still looking forward to what the final badges will look like. I'm also torn on the Apoc. lines getting a revamped, while I'm excited to see how you guys redo the lines I'm really hoping that Apoc. Growlithe and Arcanine keep their melanisic colour scheme but simply coz I love the green lava on them. Really looking to seeing story events making a comeback, those while frustrating at times (Kinaster's costume), they were always a really nice way to celebrate events like easter.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc Send trade or post here
gamerjohn1991's Avatargamerjohn1991
The last hidden part of the first post sounds promising.
cutiecutekate's Avatarcutiecutekate
this is all great to hear !! im excited for the story events the most x33333
avatar art by Res0nare & signature art by Goat-Nerd :3 ← click 💕

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page