PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Finding the right balance (HM vs Shiny hunting)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123··· 78910

Starblaze's AvatarStarblaze

QUOTE originally posted by Aeolith

QUOTE originally posted by wolfe

Why can't the pokeradar boost be kept as part of hypermode while also giving the option to purchase it on its own for those who don't want the other hypermode boosts? Why does it have to be removed from hypermode entirely? I'm just confused, if it can't work that way then why not?
This. The more I think about it the less I like the separation of the shiny chance increase from hypermode. HM-lite was a pretty good idea imo. Not sure why they decided to choose this method instead.
I thought the HM-lite was a great idea too. All the perks but with lesser amounts. The only thing players (myself included) wanted to add/keep was the 40 chain. Don't know why that couldn't be done.
Credits
July Trophy: Jolleon November Trophy: Volcarona
Team : 0
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

Why can't the pokeradar boost be kept as part of hypermode while also giving the option to purchase it on its own for those who don't want the other hypermode boosts? Why does it have to be removed from hypermode entirely? I'm just confused, if it can't work that way then why not?
This is a great question but overall really only relevant to those who already have HM honestly. It will be 700zc either way if you want both, so it really doesn't matter much - the only people who are at a loss is anyone who has HM and has to unfortunately trade in days. And honestly as a side note it's cool people who purchased it within the last day are getting a 200zc/equiv refund but I feel like those people should just instead get a free month of the overclocking. HM being reduced to 300 means they are still at a 200 loss (or more depending on what they bought) and aren't able to purchase the overclocking with just the 200zc refund. Though, I'm not involved in that since I didn't purchase HM within the last day, so I can't really speak for those people it is just my opinion that perhaps they should get a free 28 day radaroverclocking (depending once again as they could have bought 6 months - a year) because anyone who did buy HM for the 700zc would have instead now been able to purchase one/the other or BOTH and now cannot do that with only a 200zc refund and I just think it's a bit unfair overall to them. Instead of doing that, of course there could just be a version of HM with the overclocking and a version without, then the overclocking by itself (Which I still think should be reduced to 300zc imo as well as HM with both being reduced to 600zc - unless you're planning on adding more things that were suggested by users to help it a bit) That way no one who has already paid is losing out, no one needs to be refunded, and a lot can still have the option to get just the overclocking for 1 day/1 week/etc Is this something that isn't possible?
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
muffi's Avatarmuffi
oof, my brain cant follow up with all of this. so im not thrilled about as much changes, but im also not generally repelled to new stuff i guess? it just leave an undefined taste in my mouth and feels to me like the stuff i worked hard for to get is getting devalued. what i can say is that i appreciate the time you spend for taking feedback and suggestions as much and work so hard to make changes that community can get to. i see that and it earns my respect and liking. i honestly would rather see that you keep stuff as it is now, but we all together think of an additional - premium -, maybe even no zc, but cash only feature that gets introduced new. like something that allows you to adopt and level more eggs at once, like the hot springs of alola. this would rise the value of all ex bonuses and worth consideration to buy the eggs, when you werent before due to their activity time. also allow people with longer work times to spend less time here in active play for the same outcome. since you earn nothing on how long people spend on the site, this should be considerable, as it would keep PFQ attractive for people with lesser time to spend here. similar idea would be some sort of mixed queue system for eggs, with higher possible egg-timer alike cash feature for exp gains. this could set up your queued eggs into your party while hatching the old and put the pokemon into a box on auto. allowing the game to become an idle-game and aquire a new group of people to join the site. just 2 spontanous ideas - i just dont see how the solution tries are reaching a point where players and site owners will come to a result that both sites dont feel like a foul compromise over, with no common goal definition as this appears to go now.
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
Agent3's AvatarAgent3

QUOTE originally posted by Stichman34

QUOTE originally posted by Agent3

snip
I don't mean to repeat myself but what happens if a user has bought the Overclock, then buys the "full" hypermode? It would either get wasted, or be pushed to after the HM Honestly, i think the bigger "fix" would be having 6monthly/yearly discounts on the Overlocking.
I would imagine that if a user decided to do that then it would add 28 days to the overclocking and activate 28 days of the other hypermode benefits immediately, and whatever time was left on the previous overclocking would still be there after the hypermode ends if that makes sense. I definitely think there should be 6 month / year discounts for the players that would use them. Pretty much every other ZC-purchased item has bulk discounts like that. This shouldn't be an exception
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I'm definitely liking the idea of having 3 or so versions of HM to choose: Chain-only or chain with reduced other effects (I'd lean towards the latter), current 500zc HM, and the new buffed 700zc HM.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
SpaceX's AvatarSpaceX
I just don't understand why change things again. Especially how does it help f2p players who don't pay for zc if we have to pay zc to use the overclock? I dont get why the whole separation either. Just feels like things are getting more expensive for the almost same features slightly upgraded.
Score for Type Race! 0 Current chain: 1 Shinies: 0
Deermoth's AvatarDeermoth
After thinking it all over, I think this is where I'm at with this. Also I didn't read a BUNCH of new replies (notif says 14 posts since me starting this??) so it may be irrelevant now,, The whole HM-Lite idea was amazing. It catered towards the f2p players while also allowing users to choose from two different price ranges. Not everyone is going to have 700zc every month to buy the HM + OC. With HM at 500/600zc with the full perks that it came with before including the 40 chain, it would be worth it. Heck, even 650-700zc for it would be okay if something else was added. Maybe a Premium HM with the Übercharm added in for 700zc. Then you could have 4 tiers: Overclocking Listed in original post -For users who don't care about the additional HM boosts and just want that 40 chain -More convenient for people who can't play every day Hypermode Lite 250-300zc -Shorter release times -Higher daycare adoption limit (maybe the previous limit of the regular hypermode and not the now 24-limit) -250gp bonus -Small EXP bonus Hypermode (Regular) 500-600zc -Shorter release times -Higher daycare adoption limit (the current 24) -500gp bonus -The regular EXP bonus -40 chain boost Hypermode Premium 650-700zc -Everything from regular HM -Add the bonus of the Übercharm To be fair, I'm not too familiar with the discussion on HM-Lite and what the verdict on that was/what the options were, so I might have listed things wrong on it For shiny charms - don't change this. Or maybe allow both. Keep the old system AND the new system. For people who have the old charms we bought for zc, let us keep reusing them as its own item. The users who don't have them can trade for them or borrow them, just like they had been. For people who don't care about reusing and just need it for a single day, they can buy the single use "new" ones. It sounds amazing??
Collecting 21/500
Spring12's AvatarSpring12
I, unfortunately, also agree with some players. Im not thrilled with this change. I quite liked the way the hm was run and didnt mind the price changes with all the perks added. The fact shiny charms are now a gp option will just make gp that much harder to get as well depending on prices. While I do appreciate the staff looking at all this I cant help but feel slightly annoyed.
Stichman34's AvatarStichman34

QUOTE originally posted by Agent3

QUOTE originally posted by Stichman34

snip
I would imagine that if a user decided to do that then it would add 28 days to the overclocking and activate 28 days of the other hypermode benefits immediately, and whatever time was left on the previous overclocking would still be there after the hypermode ends if that makes sense. I definitely think there should be 6 month / year discounts for the players that would use them. Pretty much every other ZC-purchased item has bulk discounts like that. This shouldn't be an exception
Therin lies the problem of needing to code that interaction though, keeping them seperate is the ideal solution for new purchases. Old purchases should still get full benefit since they were made before the changes. This isn't a legal discussion but isn't there some potential False Advertising here? Since HM users have paid for a service and that service is being changed and sold seperately again? Not sure, but a concern I do wanna bring up just in case! (might be protected because it wasn't a direct purchase, it was premium currency but still)
Profile picture made by my friend Ronya as a commission. Edited and used with permission.
Saa's AvatarSaa
Apologies if this has been asked already but since shiny charms are one use now, will we get more than 10 for trading in a shiny charm box?
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +6,353,559
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Clear Gummi

Clear Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ice-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,421,149
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Serious nature
Pink Gummi

Pink Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Poison-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,067,083
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Lonely nature
Black Gummi

Black Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Dark-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +2,851,829
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
Blue Gummi

Blue Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Water-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,748,207
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Purple Gummi

Purple Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ghost-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 2 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Poison
Happiness 27%
Hardy nature
Orange Gummi

Orange Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fighting-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Brown Gummi

Brown Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Ground-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ground
Happiness 27%
Gentle nature
Wonder Gummi

Wonder Gummi

Consumable

A food item that raises a Pokémon's IQ. Fairy-types like it the most.

Sells for 800

Lv. 100 — +1,093,004
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Quiet nature
Art Shop | Pokémon/Dexing Shop

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page