PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Finding the right balance (HM vs Shiny hunting)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Inkscalibur's AvatarInkscalibur
I will admit I’m not fond of the new shiny charm being single-use (part of the reason I bought them was the reusable factor) but the changes seem well thought out.
  • Please Click!
  • Collecting Eclipse Flutes
  • Art Credit
× 174 / 200
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Yes, Corviknight. The overall effect of the Übercharm change is halved shinies, halved albinos, 25% more Melans. The Übercharm was always intended as primarily for Melan hunters so this allows it to be buffed while cutting down on the flood of shiny and albino Pokémon.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sharpy's AvatarSharpy
I'm cautiously optimistic about this change! Thank you, Niet.

0 💖
PFP by pinkskittypow!

xazz's Avatarxazz
As someone who only hunts shinies and albinos atm not needing uber charms now is GREAT! And I only cared about the 40 streak and now that's even cheaper per month. And if I want all that extra stuff I can pay for it. And maybe sometimes I do want the extra gold or legendary seals or whatever. But mostly I just want the 40 streak. Little weird the 40 streak is just straight up getting taken out of HM but I'd rather this than what we were gonna have.
BeLegendary's AvatarBeLegendary

QUOTE originally posted by Inkscalibur

I will admit I’m not fond of the new shiny charm being single-use (part of the reason I bought them was the reusable factor) but the changes seem well thought out.
Exactly my thoughts. Spent 3k ZC to buy 20 shiny charms, and felt great about it yesterday when the price skyrocketed to 200 ZC but now that its going all the way back down to 100 GP plus its one time use has me disappointed. But don't worry, I totally understand having to try and fix PFQ's economy after the things its gone through the past weeks :)
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
"Radar Overclocking" out of curiousity, will you also be providing 6 month & 12 month versions of this and offering bulk discount as well? I'm going to be honest I'm a bit frustrated with some of this, I purchase a years worth of HM in advance so I kinda feel like I'm getting a month taken away from me as if I want to play the game I have to use my days to convert to the radar overclocking, I try my best to plan when I'll purchase it next and for it to change like this and for me to just lose a month...just kinda sucks. The uber changes...Are a bit concerning to me, honestly. Shiny/Albinos/Melans are all about RNG and even with full buffs activated there are times where I get no shinys in 500-600 hatches, and sometimes where I get 1 in like 300...I can see how others feel the market is a bit saturated, but even in the saturation I can never find anyone selling what I'm looking for. It's saturated feeling because people are hunting the same things (Vulpix, Eevee, Bug Pokemon, ETC for example) I don't fully understand the shiny charm changes, I'm kinda annoyed bc I finally stocked up to have enough for a month and it's just another GP sink when GP already feels like it's the most difficult currency to get ahold of because we need it for so many things as hunters already. Before when I could just buy a charm and recharge it, it felt more worth it and now this whole thing, all of these changes make me feel like hunting is a waste of my time it just sounds exhausting and expensive now I'm a bit nervous/irritated with these changes overall tbh I'm not a huge fan of them, I loved all the other ones but with this I feel like if you just adjusted the HM price to 600zc and met in the middle it probably would have been the better option. Just my take on it, anyways
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Melia's AvatarMelia
So the Pokeradar overclocking increases the shiny chances only and the ubercharm increases melan chances only. So if I want to melan hunt only, do I just need to buy the ubercharm in order to have the maximum chance increase, or would having both the Pokeradar overclocking + Ubercharm give an even higher melan chance than the uber alone? Sorry for being stupid, I'm just not sure if I'm understanding correctly and would like some clarification. Also, will the ubercharm still be 250zc?
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
Now that people have mentioned it, the shiny charm rework is a pretty bad deal for established hunters. A Shiny Charm Box used to cost 2000zc, so trading it in for 10 Shiny Charms loses you 500zc in value (Based on the old value). If you trade those in for 50 New Charms, assuming the 75% discount, that'd be 1250gp? That'd be a 1750zc loss. The new system is definitely nice for new players (Though Charm borrowing services was already an easy way for new players to use Charms at a reasonable price while also benefitting older players), but it also pretty much just resets the progress of older players, as it's a huge loss and will be completely irrelevant after less than 2 months of hunting.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Yeah I don't really understand the "charms being more accessible for F2P users" when people would lend them out for 20-50GP they were already accessible through other players. For much cheaper than they cost now, might I add. They are becoming LESS accessible with these changes
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

Yeah I don't really understand the "charms being more accessible for F2P users" when people would lend them out for 20-50GP they were already accessible through other players. For much cheaper than they cost now, might I add. They are becoming LESS accessible with these changes
And they are doin it for credits and zc too!
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page