PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Finding the right balance (HM vs Shiny hunting)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Prometheus's AvatarPrometheus
Will the PokeRadar boost be removed from all HM vouchers, including the yearly one?
Avatar - Garchomp from Pokemon Conquest
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Prometheus

Will the PokeRadar boost be removed from all HM vouchers, including the yearly one?
Yes. The Radar boost is being moved to its own separate feature. You will be able to trade in Hypermode time for Overclocking time if you want to.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
Looking at these changes, I don't have any issues with them, but I'm still not liking the fact that we'd have to spend more if we want the same effect we had with the old HM. The big features, at least for me, were the chain boost, exp boost, and release timer decrease, and it'll be annoying to have to spend more to continue to get these boosts, especially when none of the new bonuses seem to justify the increase. Maybe it's different for others, but I'd love the option to stick with the old HM. Even outside of my preferences, it'd be nice as an intermediate option between just the chain boost and the new upgraded HM.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
regarding trading in HM time for OC time, will you be able to choose how much you trade in? or will it be all or nothing? I've got 6 months HM left so ideally I'd like to trade in 3, so I have overclock and HM active for three months, then just stick to OC after it runs out
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

regarding trading in HM time for OC time, will you be able to choose how much you trade in? or will it be all or nothing? I've got 6 months HM left so ideally I'd like to trade in 3, so I have overclock and HM active for three months, then just stick to OC after it runs out
Yes. There will be a slider where you can select, in increments of 4 days, how much HM time to trade for OC time (at the 4:3 ratio).
perfect, thanks
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy
Does there really need to be a new "balance" for shinies and albinos since in theory now all it will do is devalue melanistic pokemon? The community at least has a set price on which most people agree on the base value of a shiny/albino/melan. Changing the rate will not necessarily change how the site values shiny/albino pokemon since there are still pre-existing shinies and albinos on the site in huge quantities. If you really want to change balance, the changes need to be made to the delta point system. That is what the majority of the community bases shiny/albino/melanistic pokemon on and then prices are adjusted based on the popularity of the pokemon, the difficulty of breeding/hatching the pokemon, or the price that it takes to hunt the pokemon. I think at this point you are not giving the recent changes you made time to see results. It's more important to consider the value of the changes versus offering a cheaper alternative or splitting things into two portions that essentially cost the same amount of money. If the product the community is buying is worth the money then it will sell. The community does not want to see a cheaper hypermode, they want to see an increase of value that is in relation of the price increase. Hypermode-lite was a good concept for free to play players who are students or people who do not have the money or desire to spend money on a site. But splitting the hypermode perks in this manner almost punishes the people who monetarily support this site.
Currently buying: × 238 / 500 × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare
QuirkyQuills's AvatarQuirkyQuills

QUOTE originally posted by UnownVelouria

-SNIP- I'd love the option to stick with the old HM.
This, so much this. I also detest the idea of single use shiny charms. They were expensive to obtain, and even turning them in for 5 of the one time use ones, it just isn't comparable to me. It's worth much less in my opinion.
11/500
3/500
8/500
Rialynn's AvatarRialynn
Ah no!! I spent so much ZC on the shiny recharge box, and now they're just shiny charms I can get easily with GP in order to get the same benefit I had before normally with Hyper Mode? It feels like I totally wasted my money. I don't really care about melans, just shiny and albino Pokemon, so this update is a disappointing one for me.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Would someone mind working through the statistics for new odds with me? Per my old calculations, shiny odds used to be 1/25 with full boosts (ie. HM, charm, uber). From what I understand, we still have the 1/100 odds with HM overclocking, and the new shiny charms should bring it down to 1/50 at max odds, right? Albino odds should also be 2x rarer with removal of uber's albino boost. Melan odds, by virtue of being both a shiny and albino, can be simply put as multiplying shiny and albino odds. Since both shiny and albino odds are halved, this means that, without uber, melan odds would be 1/4 of what they were at full odds. With, however, you multiply by 5, which means we should have a 5/4 = 1.25x buff to melan odds with full boosts. (This is before considering long chain bonuses, but it's all multiplied together so it shouldn't matter.) If I made any mistakes let me know, it sure is 1am and I am tired.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page