PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Finding the right balance (HM vs Shiny hunting)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123··· 8910

AutumnCoffee's AvatarAutumnCoffee
The hypermode, overclocking stuff confuses me right now, so I'm not sure how I feel completely about that yet, but I'm not a fan of losing the pokeradar boost from HM. This method just seems to increase the costs. However its the shiny charms that really bother me. The box and charms were expensive when I got them, but the appeal was in being able to reuse them. I can see how the single use idea works for people looking to use them on one off bonus days, but I use them more than that, and it seems like a waste of my zc now, even with them being swapped for 5 new shiny charms. I like the idea of keeping both though! Old charms can still be recharged, but the new ones are single use.
UFT and Free Fields
Score: 0
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Saa

Apologies if this has been asked already but since shiny charms are one use now, will we get more than 10 for trading in a shiny charm box?
I'm guessing it'll be Charm Box --> 10 Old Charms --> 50 New Charms.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Beel Jam's AvatarBeel Jam

QUOTE originally posted by Deermoth

-snip- For shiny charms - don't change this. Or maybe allow both. Keep the old system AND the new system. For people who have the old charms we bought for zc, let us keep reusing them as its own item. The users who don't have them can trade for them or borrow them, just like they had been. For people who don't care about reusing and just need it for a single day, they can buy the single use "new" ones. It sounds amazing??
I'm not gonna reply to the rest, however, I think if we're keeping an old shiny-charm option, people should still be able to buy them for the old price. instead of just having older players keep them with no options for other players to buy them. I get that people can borrow old shiny charms, but I think relying too much on the playerbase for these types of charms without offering other players a way to get them is also a bad thing. apologies if I was just confused on the wording of this. to me it sounded like there shouldn't be an option to buy the old ones.
GoldenFinch's AvatarGoldenFinch
i am not sure about this.... while having a seperate option "overclocking" for just the pokeradar boost, is nice and all.... i don't think it is necessary to completely remove it from hypermode as well....? maybe make that part as full hypermode instead and take away the pokeradar boost for the lite? and as for the shiny charms..... yeah no i am sorry but I don't like that idea. i prefer shiny charms as they are right now, where you can recharge them and have a pretty mnice discount when you recharge multiple at once... from everything i am seeing right now to my understanding it will be much more expensive for us... especially when those of us that bought a year of hypermode before the price change, have to exchange time we have left for less time in overclocking? Plus i don't know about the people that complained about it... But when you are shiny hunting it is much more preferable to release pokemon in an hour/2 hours rather than 6 and pretty much get stuck in your hunt till you can release pokemon again.....
Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by Starblaze

-snip- I thought the HM-lite was a great idea too. All the perks but with lesser amounts. The only thing players (myself included) wanted to add/keep was the 40 chain. Don't know why that couldn't be done.
According to the feedback we've been getting from other threads, the vast majority of players consider the 40-chain to be easily the most valuable part of HM. So the argument being made by players for the Lite idea was to get to keep the most valuable bit while also getting a massive reduction in price. While that makes sense in a self-interest kind of way, it really doesn't make any business sense.
We are continuing to look at alternatives to the current HM. The threads are going to be closed for the moment until we've had some more time to review the feedback and what practical options we have available.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page