PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

compile future updates / concerns better

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123

PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
yet another sudden update came out that has players angry. an update i never knew was gonna come, but was expected to know about by mods, despite me not even being on the site when it was briefly mentioned. im not a veteran, along with many users here. we should not be expected to read up on every admin's post from years ago to look for context clues for future updates.
- - - - - -
Suggestion Title: compile future updates, future concerns, potential changes etc. in a better way
- - - - - -
Suggestion Summary: i'd love to see some sort mega-thread that neatly compiles the above mentioned, and is somewhere where new players can find it (something like a pinned announcement, for example, so that it's always at the top and stays there). it would prevent issues like this one, or the big region recolor that was announced years ago but only happened last year. new users like me had no idea it was gonna happen unless for any reason they deep dived into announcements / discussion threads and saw it by chance. (also some veteran players simply forgot, since years passed)
- - - - - -
Positive points: -newbies (or general non veterans like me) + forgetful people dont have to scramble through all the posts admins made on different threads / announcements to know about whats to come on this site -better transparency from mods to users, which i saw was a voiced issue in the community
- - - - - -
Negative points: - it would have to be updated by mods each time theyre planning a change
- - - - - -
Reason For Consideration: 1. to prevent chaos like what happened before to happen again, or at least greatly minimize the damage 2. for better transparency from the moderator team 3. it saves time than looking through every post admins made on the threads
- - - - - -
my post below sums up my view pretty well, it's from the RMT removal announcement.

Posted 27/Jan/2022 23:00:48 "also i forgot to add this to my earlier post so i'll say this here: can we stop with the "it was announced 90 years ago in the middle of some announcement post that only 5 people in total saw" excuses ? this isnt just about this post, ever since i joined this site i saw that excuse used a lot. the forums are a mess when youre trying to find something specific. there's no search feature. a mod can say something very specific and important as a casual reply on like the 23rd page of some thread, and the whole playerbase is expected to know about this. what ?? again, its not just about this post. i'll admit i didnt know about that 1 year old post which was discussed by some users, since i joined less than a year ago. but im saying this hoping for staff to.. compile information better ? i dont have the time to look at all the old announcements, all the comments staff make, not to mention other forums where staff discusses things sometimes. an example of this is the sprite recolors. i remember when i was hunting my precious gible and suddenly all the albinos looked... distasteful. i had no idea they will get recolored because it was announced years before i even joined, but some users and admins treated it like something everyone has known about. TL;DR is just: staff pls compile stuff like this better, we're not all 1. veteran players and 2. we dont all look at every reply on every announcement post ever. i dont think i'll be too active here (not because of this update, its irl stuff) but i think something should be done about this so that so many people dont have to suffer because of these sudden updates you announce quietly and put in place years after."
i encourage you to come to your own conclusions, whether you're for or against this suggestion. and remember to not discuss the update itself here, unless it links to something you have to say. thank you

note

at the time of writing this, my birthday was yesterday and i'm tired so im sorry if anything is not clear. feel free to point anything out if it doesnt make sense, and my apologies.

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
River Otter's AvatarRiver Otter
Full support. Nothing is healthier for a site that relies on community (such as this one) than clear cut communication. Things that are withheld or lost in the depths of the forums should NOT be expected by moderation or the site owners to be known by the general populace. People come, people go, but to have a set panel that includes upcoming changes, plans, or even discussions being made between mods, would clear up a lot of the animosity and frustration people are feeling. Things would be better understood. There could be a healthy discussion. That's not to say EVERY mod discussion needs to be brought up. There are some things that people don't need to know about, but if it affects people on a grander scale, then it absolutely must be shared. This is my two cents, thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
Sharpy's AvatarSharpy
Alternative idea: a poll section above every possible update, just to see how the community feels about a topic without having to say anything lol. Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to overthrow the thread, I fully support the idea you've given, I was just mentioning something that could go along with it. xD Please ignore me.

0 💖
PFP by pinkskittypow!

SwingingSyo's AvatarSwingingSyo
I support this completely! You voiced my worries here much better than I did in my forum post over in general discussion, ahaha. I agree with your points, and with RiverOtter's post. What you're suggesting would be, in my opinion, no different than the changelog we had when this site was being more frequently updated - A quick and easy way to see what important stuff has gone on/is going on. I would also add that if a megathread isn't possible, some sort of documentation on the Wiki instead of (or in addition to!) a post might be useful, and may encourage more use of the Wiki. What's the point of having one, if not to document important information users can easily reference?
Icon cropped from my own artwork here.
sojubean's Avatarsojubean
Full support. This honestly should have been a big thing from the get-go but I guess we'll take what we can get at this point lol. We also generally, and genuinely, need some sort of forum search function but that's another topic I suppose.
Pokemon Art Shop | Fusion Adopt Shop | Pkmn/Items shop Active Trade Forums | Nature Collector Directory | My Journal 🍑 Naive/Timid/Impish Collector 🍑 🐝 Bee Lover 🐝
Flawless Dark Gem

Flawless Dark Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A beautiful Dark Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +18,082,541
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Nightmare Shroud

Nightmare Shroud

Summon Item

A shroud that is weaved from the darkest of nightmares. It appears to absorb light into it. With it, it's possible to summon the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,821,222
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +7,513,955
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +7,683,093
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence

responding to the comments

hidebox since its a bit lengthy

QUOTE originally posted by InsaneMandii

Full support, i see no reason as to why this should be a no, can we also add like a filter/search if possible?
search feature is a rejected suggestion sadly, here ): but thank you for support !

QUOTE originally posted by Sharpy

Alternative idea: a poll section above every possible update, just to see how the community feels about a topic without having to say anything lol.
thats also a good idea, although its quite different from what this post is about. i'd hate for it to get swept under the rug (especially if my one gets rejected this one could get ignored), possibly it can be posted as a new suggestion on its own ?

QUOTE originally posted by RiverOtter

- snip - That's not to say EVERY mod discussion needs to be brought up. There are some things that people don't need to know about, but if it affects people on a grander scale, then it absolutely must be shared.
i agree, not everything has to be included. for example if a mod said theyre thinking of re-coloring sprites it doesnt have to be put there, but once they confirm they wanna go through with that idea, it can be put there - that way they still give users time before they actually make the sprites etc etc, but they shouldnt wait til the last second like "we changed the sprites' colors, it will come into effect tomorrow, cope" i hope that makes sense. they dont have to post every single slight idea theyve had unless its something that can be implemented really fast- but usually those types of updates arent major lol
i had to rewrite some things a few times before they made sense so i hope i didnt say something stupid lol <3
TequitoClown's AvatarTequitoClown
Full support. This is something I see in a lot of communities and I can say from experience it helps SO MUCH to be transparent with the userbase. Just an update of some sort every month or so saying things like "Staff are discussing changes to ____" and giving a place for players to give opinions. I have nothing against any staff member and I appreciate the work they do, but saying "Oh we discussed it 9 months ago" just shouldn't be acceptable. Just a small monthly newspost or a megathread that gets updated would suffice. A simple site status talking about possible changes and users opinions on said changes. I understand not all decisions should be decided by the community and balance changes should be up to the developers, but they should at least be known by the community in some easily findable capacity. No, I'm not saying this just in regards to the update today. I'm saying this because I worry that this fire will start all over again unless something changes. User transparency is incredibly valuable in many ways, for both staff and community members. Especially on a site that is built on collaboration.
PFP by caitsith511
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn
Full support. Also, I suggested a search option for the forums ages ago, but was turned down. I can't even remember what the reasoning was. It's impossible to find anything in there. Especially the shops. I don't want to go through 20 pages of shops to find the one thing I'm looking to buy that might not be available in the market at the time. But I'm veering off topic. It's an easy code to add to be able to search the forums, and we should have it. If I try to use google, it brings up deleted threads most of the time. The wiki idea is good too, to archive topics there too. I also like the idea of a newsletter, but we kind of already have that with the news section in a way.
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal
InHystericz's AvatarInHystericz
Full support ^^ I’m a relatively new player still (joined september last year) and I think this would be very helpful so people don’t have to spend hours searching for an update or suggestion thread that was made years ago.
Chilly • They/Them • Australian Arceus WondersTrade Shop LF: Shattered Psyche
Score: 0
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I support, with one caveat. There likely won't be any actual timeline involved. It would be a collection of "here's things that may happen in the future when we get the chance to do it." It will require a lot of patience from the users, is that something that can be asked for?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page