PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in compile future updates / concerns better

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > compile future updates / concerns better >

PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
yet another sudden update came out that has players angry. an update i never knew was gonna come, but was expected to know about by mods, despite me not even being on the site when it was briefly mentioned. im not a veteran, along with many users here. we should not be expected to read up on every admin's post from years ago to look for context clues for future updates.
- - - - - -
Suggestion Title: compile future updates, future concerns, potential changes etc. in a better way
- - - - - -
Suggestion Summary: i'd love to see some sort mega-thread that neatly compiles the above mentioned, and is somewhere where new players can find it (something like a pinned announcement, for example, so that it's always at the top and stays there). it would prevent issues like this one, or the big region recolor that was announced years ago but only happened last year. new users like me had no idea it was gonna happen unless for any reason they deep dived into announcements / discussion threads and saw it by chance. (also some veteran players simply forgot, since years passed)
- - - - - -
Positive points: -newbies (or general non veterans like me) + forgetful people dont have to scramble through all the posts admins made on different threads / announcements to know about whats to come on this site -better transparency from mods to users, which i saw was a voiced issue in the community
- - - - - -
Negative points: - it would have to be updated by mods each time theyre planning a change
- - - - - -
Reason For Consideration: 1. to prevent chaos like what happened before to happen again, or at least greatly minimize the damage 2. for better transparency from the moderator team 3. it saves time than looking through every post admins made on the threads
- - - - - -
my post below sums up my view pretty well, it's from the RMT removal announcement.

Posted 27/Jan/2022 23:00:48 "also i forgot to add this to my earlier post so i'll say this here: can we stop with the "it was announced 90 years ago in the middle of some announcement post that only 5 people in total saw" excuses ? this isnt just about this post, ever since i joined this site i saw that excuse used a lot. the forums are a mess when youre trying to find something specific. there's no search feature. a mod can say something very specific and important as a casual reply on like the 23rd page of some thread, and the whole playerbase is expected to know about this. what ?? again, its not just about this post. i'll admit i didnt know about that 1 year old post which was discussed by some users, since i joined less than a year ago. but im saying this hoping for staff to.. compile information better ? i dont have the time to look at all the old announcements, all the comments staff make, not to mention other forums where staff discusses things sometimes. an example of this is the sprite recolors. i remember when i was hunting my precious gible and suddenly all the albinos looked... distasteful. i had no idea they will get recolored because it was announced years before i even joined, but some users and admins treated it like something everyone has known about. TL;DR is just: staff pls compile stuff like this better, we're not all 1. veteran players and 2. we dont all look at every reply on every announcement post ever. i dont think i'll be too active here (not because of this update, its irl stuff) but i think something should be done about this so that so many people dont have to suffer because of these sudden updates you announce quietly and put in place years after."
i encourage you to come to your own conclusions, whether you're for or against this suggestion. and remember to not discuss the update itself here, unless it links to something you have to say. thank you

note

at the time of writing this, my birthday was yesterday and i'm tired so im sorry if anything is not clear. feel free to point anything out if it doesnt make sense, and my apologies.

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page