PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

compile future updates / concerns better

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123

Scatterbug's AvatarScatterbug
I think even a rough to-do list would be fine, we can't expect a hard date on every single development, maybe a ranking system though, instead of a timeline. Like most to least important? So people know what to expect and can refer back to it as needed, which would hopefully help people stay patient as well :)
Feel free to PM me about any posts I make, especially to ask for clarification or such
I have severe anxiety and may trip over my words or write things in an unclear way at times
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I support, with one caveat. There likely won't be any actual timeline involved. It would be a collection of "here's things that may happen in the future when we get the chance to do it." It will require a lot of patience from the users, is that something that can be asked for?
Sounds ok unless it takes few years?
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowNova

Sounds ok unless it takes few years?
Well, exactly... Some things will, like sprite overhauls.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn

I support, with one caveat. There likely won't be any actual timeline involved. It would be a collection of "here's things that may happen in the future when we get the chance to do it." It will require a lot of patience from the users, is that something that can be asked for?
Sure, but if there's going to be major changes to the site then doing so out of the blue and telling the userbase they have a week is a very chaotic way of doing it. A longer grace period for discussion/feedback would absolutely be needed.
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸
topmarks's Avatartopmarks

i don't think patience is the problem here. reading this thread, people aren't saying they're impatient for new stuff. they're saying they don't like new stuff happening without warning. i've been on sites which had staff-user communication so bad it was a meme. i left those sites mainly for that reason. some of those have improved. one now has excellent staff-user communication: flight rising. i don't think flight rising's communication style should be used as a template, but a case study. let's look at the most recent developer update: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3093798 they: 1. state they're close to completing updates they've previously announced, but do not promise a deadline (users have asked for more updates on progress, so this is a fairly new thing) 2. announce they're changing their priorities on an update they've previously announced (Refactors VS Revamps) 3. explain why this is happening as clearly as possible 4. clarify that the update put on hold (revamps) will still happen at a later date, but again don't promise a deadline 5. tell players what to expect when the new update (the refactors) is rolled out 6. take the opportunity to read and answer questions the formatting is good. paragraphs never go over a certain size, and the most important information is bolded for those who struggle to read large bodies of text. in my experience, this is what most users are asking for when they ask for better communication from staff. they don't want exact deadlines or previews, they just want you to tell them what you're doing so they know what to expect. TL;DR: users don't like surprises, so warn them i also agree polls are a good idea. even if the staff think a new update is a great idea, if the majority of the users don't like it...maybe it's time to reconsider. having polls for new updates would necessitate sending a notification to all users telling them about the poll. otherwise, only those who look at the forums when the poll is released will know about it, and you'll get a very incomplete view. a planned update being unpopular doesn't always mean scrapping it entirely. there might be something specific about the planned implenetation, like how much it costs, how hard it is to access, or what it's replacing, that people have a problem with. and of course sometimes it's too important to the devs to implement and they're willing to lose users over it. that's their choice. but at least they'll know what kind of response to expect when it's rolled out, and it will be an informed decision for them.
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova

QUOTE originally posted by topmarks

i don't think patience is the problem here. reading this thread, people aren't saying they're impatient for new stuff. they're saying they don't like new stuff happening without warning. i've been on sites which had staff-user communication so bad it was a meme. i left those sites mainly for that reason. some of those have improved. one now has excellent staff-user communication: flight rising. i don't think flight rising's communication style should be used as a template, but a case study. let's look at the most recent developer update: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3093798 they: 1. state they're close to completing updates they've previously announced, but do not promise a deadline (users have asked for more updates on progress, so this is a fairly new thing) 2. announce they're changing their priorities on an update they've previously announced (Refactors VS Revamps) 3. explain why this is happening as clearly as possible 4. clarify that the update put on hold (revamps) will still happen at a later date, but again don't promise a deadline 5. tell players what to expect when the new update (the refactors) is rolled out 6. take the opportunity to read and answer questions the formatting is good. paragraphs never go over a certain size, and the most important information is bolded for those who struggle to read large bodies of text. in my experience, this is what most users are asking for when they ask for better communication from staff. they don't want exact deadlines or previews, they just want you to tell them what you're doing so they know what to expect. TL;DR: users don't like surprises, so warn them i also agree polls are a good idea. even if the staff think a new update is a great idea, if the majority of the users don't like it...maybe it's time to reconsider. having polls for new updates would necessitate sending a notification to all users telling them about the poll. otherwise, only those who look at the forums when the poll is released will know about it, and you'll get a very incomplete view. a planned update being unpopular doesn't always mean scrapping it entirely. there might be something specific about the planned implenetation, like how much it costs, how hard it is to access, or what it's replacing, that people have a problem with. and of course sometimes it's too important to the devs to implement and they're willing to lose users over it. that's their choice. but at least they'll know what kind of response to expect when it's rolled out, and it will be an informed decision for them.
For example trade update suggestion from really long time ago was AMAZING but only issue was limit of currency. Certain people have snapped and there are no changes. (EDIT - I use translator sometimes, tell me if something is wrong)
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
BIG support here. there is no transparency between the staff and the userbase here, we simply can't trust you guys at this point. polls would be nice, but it feels like they would just be ignored or forgot about after a couple of attempts that don't go the way the staff want. idk how they can keep being so blasé about updates and the playerbase when the site's usercount is falling off dramatically. the counters are HORRIBLE to fill now, and playing at times like this when the US is asleep sucks due to lack of interaction (not that this wasn't the case already). surprised this site hasn't become an infamous meme like yandere simulator
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
Biggest of supports. Years ago transperancy and communications were promised after a heated discussion broke out (which, let's be honest, happened before). Fingers were pointed and we were promised more clearity. Since then, it has just been the same old. We don't mind waiting. We just want to know what's ahead of us, how messy or unclearly explained you might want to give... It litterly doesn't matter. We just want to know what to look forward to ^^ Especially since the site has, let's be real, been a little dry and without content for a while. I kind of miss the story quests, those were fun! Anyway I'm going off but yes, full support!
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
luneyetic's Avatarluneyetic
I don't usually post on suggestion threads, but I want to add my support to this too! I DO try to check old news threads I potentially missed, but it's very time consuming, especially if I'm coming back from a months long hiatus. Having everything in an easy to access thread would be perfect!! I think not having actual timelines + expecting players to be patient is very fair, though, but in my opinion we'll definitely manage! I remember in 2020, when we were all waiting for more galar pokemon to release in waves, most people were very patient and understanding of any setback^^ (But yeah, I agree with @topmarks that the main reason this thread was made is "people wanting to Be Aware that something is going to be changed", not to rush said updates...)
icon: official art from the dungeon meshi manga
I fully support this. As someone who was on PF1 and has been on PFQ since the beginning, I have always felt a huge issue was the sort of 'elitism' (for lack of a better word) when it came to knowledge of things posted or updates, despite the fact that a lot of those things aren't listed anywhere. There is no search system for any of the forums, so hunting for a specific suggestion post or a specific update post is difficult, or near impossible. So you happen to post a suggestion that was said before and rejected (or approved), or post something that is maybe a not so known rule, and I always felt users (not just staff, but users in general) got a bit too snippy and sarcastic when telling you off about it. An example of this even came about in the RMT thread (which I have no opinion on, that doesnt matter to me) where people were almost belligerent from both sides, and then the bring up of a thread from years ago was a little ech. And then the brief mention of it maybe being removed last year wouldn't be seen by newer users. Hell, I barely remembered that and I did see the post. So I fully support having a list of things changed or updated, or even possibly updated. While I fully understand the no grace period of the RMT update, I worry about if there is no grace period in the future for other things not related to legality, and worry that it will basically be telling the users "oh you snooze you lose cuz you arent on the admin team". I do agree with others though that I am fine if there is no timeline, I just think a little thing would be nice like "oh we're doing a sprite overhaul" or "oh we have this update in mind with trading" so maybe people don't suggest it, and aren't bewildered when an update happens. It could even be on the front news page with other updates so it is easy to find. (sorry for typing a lot, I overexplain)
Profile Picture made by my friend on Facebook for ME only! Proud user of SerenesForest! (Kaden badge made by Dwlr on SerenesForest for me (just for general forum usage)) Non suspicious Saeran made by Yukinora! Sorry if I type too much, I am good at overexplaining.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page