PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 17181920

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Honestly, I'd be curious to see how anonymous threads could influence the type race community. It'd be cool if it would lead to people adding more "personality" of sorts to their threads, rather than just copypasting the same template. Maybe people could talk about their passion for their favourite types, or some of their previous memories in type races or on the site in general, or why they want to be a leader? There's also the technical side of things. How would a post be displayed as anonymous but still allow editing? How would a post be "switched" from being anonymous to having a name attached? Would the original poster still be able to edit their original post after the switch was made? Also, I feel like comparing this "popularity contest" with the real life popularity contests and drama of middle school/etc isn't the most fair comparison to make. Because yeah, you are right, "you need to be popular to be liked" is a painful mentality to have. But there are many ways to be "liked" on here that don't necessitate being "popular". You can have a friend you often PM to talk to about anime and manga, or you can join a clan for your shared interests, or write a fanfic that someone likes reading. Being a type race leader, in a sense, would be more comparable to a school council position, in that sense. In that, if you would like a position of responsibility within a community, it's usually a good idea to be an active and responsible member of the community. If anything, I'd hope that we on Pokefarm will make better decisions than the "vote for ur friends" type of school council elections. I hope this makes sense.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Tala-chan's AvatarTala-chan
I'm doing some better ty hun! irl be mean as heck at times, and it's been a month+ of stress lol buuuut we keep on trucking! I've been sleep deprived lately too, and it can make things come across far more brusque than intended. I'm glad to see you doing better as well. And I'm very glad things got sorted. ^^ I do think that last bit about the 'no govt' thing was the main hang up, and I apologize for the anxiety/intimidation you felt (or however you did if you have better words for it!) with everyone dogpiling on that fixation to the comment. It certainly wasn't my intention, I just couldn't understand where the disconnect was, and wanted to make sure that there was a noted difference in your mind and where one started and the other stopped! Since, after all. they are two very different things, and wires seemed crossed. ~ Adding onto the whole thing, your point of 'player you're trying to avoid' is very much key for quite a few. Others, and even myself, avoid some players because of interactions or outright triggering issues. No matter how kind, understanding, etc you are, you can be caught on a bad day/catch others on a bad day, and it can sour things between you both. It's happened to me before on a number of occasions, and if some of those people pop up in some kind of a leadership position over me, I'd prefer to be aware of it and not vote for them for my own peace of mind. I'd feel deeply uncomfortable if I voted for someone I don't feel safe being around/giving them my energy, personally. The last thing we'd want is for people to *not* vote because they don't want to chance to give someone they have personal issues with their 'acceptance/forgiveness' via a vote. Petty to a degree as they could be a good leader if given the chance, but it's still a factor that people can, and likely will, consider. Dress-up Contests to me don't count because you don't know who the winners are unless they post it somewhere, and you aren't staring at their name every time you want to post in the TR thread about your new baby or to give an update! Just in case that point popped up.
Collecting Beads of Ruin for 50-60zc/equiv
Swapping for summon in inventory as well! PM first for big orders pls~
, PM or send trade! Delta Chi-Yu UFT//Buying/Swapping for Beads here!
Score: 11040
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!
pvnkbøy's Avatarpvnkbøy
@ Skiddo I'm sure there is a way to code it into the system. I myself am not a coder, so I cannot say for certain if it is actually possible or not! If not, then the entire thing goes right out the window, haha! the reason I made the comparison between school popularity and TR popularity is because both those forms of popularity can lead to the same mentality that the world is about popularity!
@ Tala That's good to hear! Hope 2024 is a much better year for you! <3 I wonder ... if you could make it anonymous, but still link it back to the user who made the original post, just so that people who have that user blocked wouldn't see that thread! "I'd feel deeply uncomfortable if I voted for someone I don't feel safe being around/giving them my energy, personally." I totally agree with you! There are a few users who make me very uncomfortable, and I would prefer if they were not my leader at all, so that would be another major issue that boils down to the coding ... (I should probably get into coding, just to verify if this stuff can be done XD) Dress-ups are supposed to be popularity contests imo since... y'know, you're voting! XP Totally understand wanting to get that out of the way, though!

Sonora - 16 - hoot/owl

"You weren't quite as bold. Smarter, sharpr, brighter than the rest . . . Now you're sixteen, broke and burning out in style" -gifted kid burnout . Tom O'Donovan TH
Sweet Apple

Sweet Apple

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar apple that can make a certain species of Pokémon evolve. It's exceptionally sweet.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 13 — 197 / 897
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassDragon
Happiness MAX
Timid nature
PFP by me!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
It appears that this thread is getting off topic. Although it is fine to discuss voting we are treading into territory that is better left for a suggestion thread.
Icon by me!
pvnkbøy's Avatarpvnkbøy

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

It appears that this thread is getting off topic. Although it is fine to discuss voting we are treading into territory that is better left for a suggestion thread.
I'm... a little confused as to how it's getting off-topic if we're talking about TR popularity contest affecting mental health...?
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Timid-Decidueye

I'm... a little confused as to how it's getting off-topic if we're talking about TR popularity contest affecting mental health...?
That is not exactly true. The conversation occuring here is the feasibility of making the type race host voting anonymous and the pros/cons of such a feature. That is a suggestion to change a site feature and as such should be done through the correct channels. If you are okay with having this in-depth conversation here with the understanding that there will be no change because this thread is not the correct outlet to have this type of discussion that would result in any kind of meaningful change. The reason this conversation is better suited for a suggestion thread is because this discussion is currently tucked away in a thread originally posted by Sally that not many users would think to look for such a conversation to occur. By moving this conversation to a suggestion thread you will have more feedback from a wider range of users.
pvnkbøy's Avatarpvnkbøy

snip
I'm still just a little confused since I wasn't told the last time. But, alright. Due to the cons of it, though. I won't be making it a suggestion
Kmastersmash's AvatarKmastersmash
I don't understand. Can someone summarize me? Where do you vote? And I'm curious how special it is to be a leader?
Avatar by pokemoon and kmastersmash
Raziya's AvatarRaziya

QUOTE originally posted by Kmastersmash

I don't understand. Can someone summarize me? Where do you vote? And I'm curious how special it is to be a leader?
Hey friend, You vote here! As for being leader, this is going to be my first time doing it, but I wouldn't say it's special - more like it's a lot of responsibility. I really like the type race so I am excited but you need to do a lot of work to put everything together to help your team be successful 🥰
Score: 3,100
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Tyrdis's AvatarTyrdis

QUOTE originally posted by purring

voting turns it into a popularity competition. looking at the teams that have two threads so far, i don't see why someone would pick one thread over the other. except "i like this person so i'm going to vote for them". people who are popular or post on the forums/discord a lot are going to be voted for most months
I think it is strange, that one thinks this is a bad thing Isn't it actually a good thing when the one leading the team is a person, that is active, well liked by the majority of the team and hopefully well-known for their ability to host group activities? I cannot see how people can complain about an effect of this system that is actually what is good about it. Especially since luterally all you have to do to get a reasonably high chance to host yourself is to show you are willing to put in the work and be active in races, forums and getting in contact with other players in general.

QUOTE originally posted by Sonflower Sunny

Yes, kids being lead by adults is, in fact, how real life works, which makes it a lot worse that the popularity contest is being glorified by adults whom children are supposed to follow
I am no fan of popularoty contests for their own sake. But when it comes to the question who should host a team activity, which is what the team leadee actually does, they do not lead, or rule or govern in any way, they host a group event, I think it is a good thing when the person doing the job is the one most people think will do it in a way they enjoy. This makes it a popularity contest in a sense, yes, like voting for every position in a group will allways be a form of popularity contest. I think it is not a bad thing when children are exposed to a healthy version of that, were "popular" means "being the person most people think will do a great job". Especially since they are exposed to a lot of popularity contests in their live early on, were it is only about being popular for its own sake. And in addition: it is the job of parents to guide their children through experiences like this, not for strangers to prevent them from having them in the first place. Partaking in a democratic process cannot be seen as a bad thing for children, in my perspective. In fact it has been shown, that being allowed to participate in these kinds of decissions is beneficial for children to raise them into adult that are engaged participants in democratic processes. Which by the way includes, then being willing to do the work to have a chance of winning a vote. mod edit: posts merged

Pages: 123··· 17181920

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page