PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Type Race Announcements >

Tyrdis's AvatarTyrdis
master.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by purring

voting turns it into a popularity competition. looking at the teams that have two threads so far, i don't see why someone would pick one thread over the other. except "i like this person so i'm going to vote for them". people who are popular or post on the forums/discord a lot are going to be voted for most months
I think it is strange, that one thinks this is a bad thing Isn't it actually a good thing when the one leading the team is a person, that is active, well liked by the majority of the team and hopefully well-known for their ability to host group activities? I cannot see how people can complain about an effect of this system that is actually what is good about it. Especially since luterally all you have to do to get a reasonably high chance to host yourself is to show you are willing to put in the work and be active in races, forums and getting in contact with other players in general.

QUOTE originally posted by Sonflower Sunny

Yes, kids being lead by adults is, in fact, how real life works, which makes it a lot worse that the popularity contest is being glorified by adults whom children are supposed to follow
I am no fan of popularoty contests for their own sake. But when it comes to the question who should host a team activity, which is what the team leadee actually does, they do not lead, or rule or govern in any way, they host a group event, I think it is a good thing when the person doing the job is the one most people think will do it in a way they enjoy. This makes it a popularity contest in a sense, yes, like voting for every position in a group will allways be a form of popularity contest. I think it is not a bad thing when children are exposed to a healthy version of that, were "popular" means "being the person most people think will do a great job". Especially since they are exposed to a lot of popularity contests in their live early on, were it is only about being popular for its own sake. And in addition: it is the job of parents to guide their children through experiences like this, not for strangers to prevent them from having them in the first place. Partaking in a democratic process cannot be seen as a bad thing for children, in my perspective. In fact it has been shown, that being allowed to participate in these kinds of decissions is beneficial for children to raise them into adult that are engaged participants in democratic processes. Which by the way includes, then being willing to do the work to have a chance of winning a vote. mod edit: posts merged
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page