PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 151617181920

Tala-chan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTala-chan
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
Okay, there has to be something in place to make it so everyone feels like they're being heard... And I'm sorry, but you don't believe in any kind of govt/guidance, yet you want to be a TR leader?? I'm seriously trying to understand the logic here. If it comes across as rude, then so be it. But how do you expect things to run if there isn't anything controlling and guiding things with human influence @Timid-Decidueye???
Score: 45694
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!
scavengers's Avatarhypermode-12.pngscavengers
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
There's always somehow something popping off when I log in, it's crazy. I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring real quick, god knows if this is gonna make any sense but here goes. I genuinely think that the voting method is a good thing, especially this far since voting as implemented. Yes, you are right in it being a popularity contest; that's the point? We have had so many vote ins and type races now, that a lot of people have proven themselves to be good, reliable leaders time after time and are therefore voted when they apply for leader. If you think the same people keep getting voted leader, well, it's probably because they've been leader before and people have noticed that they did a dang good job! Does it make it hard to try as a newcomer to leading? sure, maybe! but I've seen people who's username I've not seen before lead through votes and not because they are the only one running. You'll have your chance, genuinely, the PFQ userbase is constantly changing and shifting and if you put in the work, show your dedication to the community then they will give you that respect back. Edit to make a sentence easier to read lol
pfp by nekopumpkin!
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Government literally just means governing, or managing a community of people or resources. By leading Type Race threads, you are governing your team. Even by posting on forums, you are agreeing to be governed by the site rules and the moderators enforcing them. So I'm not sure if there's a language barrier here or a mixup of 'government' and 'politics'. Let me explain my way of seeing it to you. Either way, I think we can all agree the best way to Type Race leader is a meritocracy. This is where the best suited person to the job leads the team. Now, there's no objective number that SYSTEM can use to determine who will be the 'best' leader. Things like # of races participated in before, badge count, number of eggs hatched on average, amount of type pairs, even if they run a trade shop and therefore can handle a good amount of thread management all play a factor... The game can't blindly determine who makes a good leader through only account stats. So it comes down to us, the players. We look at all these factors presented by each potential leader and decide who would be best for our team. Then we elect that person to be the leader. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It's not a 'popularity contest', it's quite literally just coming up with our own decisions based on observable facts. Having it be pure RNG up to the whims of SYSTEM is a terrible idea and would make Type Race objectively worse.
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,228,339
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
JUSTICEBEETLE's Avatarhypermode-12.pngJUSTICEBEETLE
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png
a team event like this is best run by someone people trust to do a good job. running type race takes a surprising amount of focus and persistence! its not Just some fun silly little thing you can do to get a little icon next to your name And so the people can pick the best option themselves. If you put more effort into your thread and present yourself in a competent way, people vote for you. Cause that effort matters! edit: if this comes off as rude somehow, i apologize
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal normal.png TYPE RACE SCORE: 7,183 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
On the topic of being concerned about losing out on a TR thread vote for not having exposure, if a user is over 15 there is always the opportunity to run a Type Race Contest. Being a contest host for your team can not only bring recognition, but also benefits team morale and proves ones ability to manage and update a thread to other users. Due to the shuffling of teams its not a 1000% guarantee to get a type race host position in the immediate future, it's still a good way to get an idea of how a thread as busy as a TR thread might work, its not identical but it's pretty dang similar. If you host enough raffles you will become recognizable to a significant portion of the community as well. (Albeit a contest host does need to donate atleast one prize but it could be as simple as a large gem or an albino radar haha)
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
i'm throwing my hypothetical hat in the ring one more time just to kind of clarify what point Timid was trying to make, despite liking the current system and not having my own qualms because i don't like the way you all jumped on him like that. he's a kid. he just wanted to express an opinion and offer a suggestion. i would like to remind you all of that, considering most of you are adults going after him. voting for most popular in a kid's game isn't the best idea to be teaching kids, because not everything in life is a popularity contest in life and, in general, isn't really needed in a game like this. the absolutely most fair vote is one that is anonymous in nature, and that's just fact. as someone that has ran for tr leader fairly recently and lost despite having: made my own template, made the mass clicklist, AND made the raffle. these things do not guarantee victory in any way when it comes to being popular or more well known. i personally don't really care about losing bc it worked out better for me since i had health issues at the time, but i'm just trying to give an example of their point. i only joined this year, while my friend and opponent in running, has been on site for far longer and runs art shops that are fairly popular as well. circling back to the point, an anonymous vote ensures that all effort put into things are made equal and that the leader can be chosen off pure effort alone, not any outside factor. keep in mind, i do like the system currently, i am simply restating the point in a better way. i don't appreciate people trying to make Timid out as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, or as someone just bitter over losing, because that's not it at all. the point went completely over all of your heads, and you all just jumped on the bandwagon that the system now is perfect in nature and can't stand to have a potential revamp to make it new and be more fair, and went after him. even if you did not intend it to be rude, please note that it came off EXTREMELY rude and more of an attack rather than helpful criticism or other ideas. even if you like the current system like i do, there is no disputing that giving anonymity when voting ensures fairness all around, even in the real world. that was the overarching point. no changes may be needed, but it was simply a suggestion on how it could be further improved. EDIT: i would like to say that if you're feeling bad because of this, that was not the intention, nor my point of the post. while i said that it *came off* very rude, i didn't mean that you all are rude people, or bad people for saying things. i understand everyone has an opinion and is entitled to one!! my point was that we need to watch our tones, especially with younger people on site. it puts a lot of pressure on someone to receive criticism, and especially so if they have problems understanding tone, which timid has said publicly before and which is why they use tone tags. the world doesn't always have to cater and use tone tags, but i think everyone should be more patient in how they approach a situation and maybe give a little more thought to how they come across. that's all!!! i would be hard pressed to say i don't come off wrong too, in fact, this post is an example. i'm really easy going, i was just trying to protect a friend who was feeling down.

Mochi ✪ 22 ✪ they/he/kit

Your local catboy hoarding quirky, bashful, and docile mons!
summon_vic.png235/500summon_vic.png
Odds and Ends - Orthrus' - My Guide

Type Race and Hunts!

Score: 34
Made by LycanKai
Current Hunt: Victini! Birthday week hunt!!
Coded by Me! Credits

QUOTE originally posted by JustCallMeMochi

snip
I'm gonna try to make this as objective as possible cause I don't wanna add more stress to anyone or whateva but lemme know if this comes off bad. I get what you're saying, and I wouldn't be upset if things were changed to be anonymous voting but I do think that the anonymous voting would be... slightly worse than what we have? I'm not vaguing here because I have no one I dislike like this on site, but I know some people would not want certain users leading for whatever reason. Not rulebreaking stuff, but things like attitude, personal eperience or even how they've seen them lead previously. stuff that might have made people uncomfy. The type of things the blocking userscript were made for. Anonymous voting would make it so, so difficult for people to know if they actually want the user they are voting for to lead. It might be petty to some but I think it's worth keeping in mind when talking about anon voting. Outside factors will be and are intrinsically important when choosing a leader for type race in my opinion.

QUOTE originally posted by scavengers

QUOTE originally posted by JustCallMeMochi

snip
snip
i totally do agree!! and as i said, i like the system as is, i just think that everyone came off less objective and more attacking, which is why i stepped in. anonymity is a very fair way of voting, of course, but no way of choosing a leader, whether it be irl or on a game, is inherently perfect. not vaguing either, but there are some users who have not been the nicest and i wouldn't vote for. i agree in this instance that external factors are nice for this reason. i just think all of us should be much more patient and objective with how we come across, especially to a kid. i've spoke with timid and that's why i know what they were trying to say and why i reiterated it in a different way. they felt under pressure from everyone coming after them, and that's where i felt it was wrong, especially for them to still be a kid. we're mostly older and should've tried to understand their idea and provide constructive criticism rather than obliterating it lol
i really don't wanna long this out cause of everyones mental but. i genuinely don't think it's fair to say people were being rude or mean ON PURPOsE. don't get me wrong, if he feels that way then that's valid, nothing wrong with that, you can't control ur feelings after all! however, from what I can see people were genuinely just trying to get clarification on timid's points, especially the government one. I might be missing something (let me know if I am, genuinely. always trying to work on myself), but some of their later points were left without clarification, so people didn't know how to respond other than kind of. tell their view back and ask for clarification. again, might be missing some stuff but idk. anyway, timid, if you're still here, your original couple of posts were really well worded! you eplained really well, and even if people didn't agree with you it was pretty clear what you were stating and what your views were. its a good way to be, and don't let how you feel keep you down; if you fully believe in what you're saying, then take a well-needed break, think things out for a while, and if you want come back and write an absolute banger of a paragraph re-wording and re-telling your points cause I think you have that in you! edit: just saw your edit LOL okay i'll brb cause im reaing yeah it's like. idk i think maybe this is more of a pm thing since its not really tr related, feel free to dm me if u wanna keep discussing or don't if you don't wanna! no pressure :)
reposting the edit so everyone can see it :) "i would like to say that if you're feeling bad because of this, that was not the intention, nor my point of the post. while i said that it *came off* very rude, i didn't mean that you all are rude people, or bad people for saying things. i understand everyone has an opinion and is entitled to one!! my point was that we need to watch our tones, especially with younger people on site. it puts a lot of pressure on someone to receive criticism, and especially so if they have problems understanding tone, which timid has said publicly before and which is why they use tone tags. the world doesn't always have to cater and use tone tags, but i think everyone should be more patient in how they approach a situation and maybe give a little more thought to how they come across. that's all!!! i would be hard pressed to say i don't come off wrong too, in fact, this post is an example. i'm really easy going, i was just trying to protect a friend who was feeling down." you all are great and thank you for your patience with me while i was reiterating what i meant :)

Pages: 123··· 151617181920

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page