PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Type Race Announcements >

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png
Honestly, I'd be curious to see how anonymous threads could influence the type race community. It'd be cool if it would lead to people adding more "personality" of sorts to their threads, rather than just copypasting the same template. Maybe people could talk about their passion for their favourite types, or some of their previous memories in type races or on the site in general, or why they want to be a leader? There's also the technical side of things. How would a post be displayed as anonymous but still allow editing? How would a post be "switched" from being anonymous to having a name attached? Would the original poster still be able to edit their original post after the switch was made? Also, I feel like comparing this "popularity contest" with the real life popularity contests and drama of middle school/etc isn't the most fair comparison to make. Because yeah, you are right, "you need to be popular to be liked" is a painful mentality to have. But there are many ways to be "liked" on here that don't necessitate being "popular". You can have a friend you often PM to talk to about anime and manga, or you can join a clan for your shared interests, or write a fanfic that someone likes reading. Being a type race leader, in a sense, would be more comparable to a school council position, in that sense. In that, if you would like a position of responsibility within a community, it's usually a good idea to be an active and responsible member of the community. If anything, I'd hope that we on Pokefarm will make better decisions than the "vote for ur friends" type of school council elections. I hope this makes sense.
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page