PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345678··· 111213

Nagito's AvatarNagito

QUOTE originally posted by Kiwani

I usually use deviant art to find pictures for rps. And I use the link when you right click and view image. It has the name of the artwork and who's it is by. Like this is an example of a actual link: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2014/078/0/a/delusion_by_jenniferhealy-d7atwd3.jpg.
It doesn't matter if the link has the name of the artist; they should still be credited properly and you should still have permission to use their work. Having their name in the link to the image doesn't exactly count as proper credit.

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

"Brushes by "X" " would suffice. All of the brushes I use are free to use, or I create my own. xD
Yes, that was exactly what I was suggesting. :p Just perhaps the first post could include "other things that should be credited properly", listing things like song lyrics, quotes, brushes, etc?
My Links Journal | Mature Journal | Fairy-type Clan Casper | 22 | agender | they/them | INFJ Previously had the PFQ username kittens Avatar art by Ravoilie || Signature art by Turtlo
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by Dracowolfie

My point wasn't: "Let's stop monitoring people and let everyone steal and cause havoc!" My point was more what Constantine is saying: How do you moderators intend to accomplish this and monitor it all? It is such a huge task you're wanting everyone to do, and if someone doesn't comply, are you really going to take the time and search for that image's source, and ask the artist, for EACH image you are suspicious of?
Absolutely. I'm the forum mod, and thus I do this. And if a user fails to comply, they're removed from the site until they choose to comply. In the meantime we find the artist and contact them. I fail to see how this is an issue. I also fail to see how properly sourcing an image is 'huge'. As a test, I did it on an image I had no idea of the source and it took me literally fifteen minutes. If you cannot spare fifteen minutes, simply do not use art that is not yours.
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer

QUOTE originally posted by Ravyne

If you're using art that was created for you. Provide a link to the person's page that created it (if on PF) or to the person's page on the original site (if not on PF). We will check these.
Alright, just to be sure, (because I certainly don't want to be banned over this) I have requested several PF members to create some art for me and paid for it with in-game items in their shops. Is it enough to add the link to their profile in these cases, or is addition information required? (In other words, did I do it right in my signature?)
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: One or more tags were opened, but not closed. Expected [/img] (opened on line 1) on line 3

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

Personally, I think that unless the artists state that you have ask for permission to use it, it's free to use because it shows that they don't mind if you use it. Quick question though: Do I still have to ask permission if I use the url tags instead of displaying the image using [img]?
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi

QUOTE originally posted by Lörd Pyrôn

Personally, I think that unless the artists state that you have ask for permission to use it, it's free to use because it shows that they don't mind if you use it.
So unless you state that you don't want to be robbed it is allowed to take your money? Artists own their art [except for special occasions like commissions and when you actually buy it], you won't take something away from a stranger, so why should this be okay with art?
emptyadam's Avataremptyadam
could i just say the art is not mine?
Mood: Indifferent

rp's

Looking for Oda Nobuna no Yabou 1x1! Pm me!

sprite shops

Sprite shop! (click)

pokemon

Uzumi's AvatarUzumi

QUOTE originally posted by emptyadam

Long answer:

QUOTE originally posted by Ravyne

[...]If you're using art that isn't yours with something like "Credit to the artist" or sourcing sites such as any of the *boorus or weheartit and so on (archive sites). Remove the offending piece immediately. If you still wish to use it, read the 'Proper Source Attribution' section.
Short answer: No.
Nagito's AvatarNagito

Certainly not. Stating that the art isn't yours does not count as giving credit to the artist! It only takes a few extra minutes to find who did the artwork and credit properly. It's very easy to do, and finding where the image originally came from is explained in the first post if you aren't sure.

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

Alright, just to be sure, (because I certainly don't want to be banned over this) I have requested several PF members to create some art for me and paid for it with in-game items in their shops. Is it enough to add the link to their profile in these cases, or is addition information required? (In other words, did I do it right in my signature?)
Yeah, that's fine~

QUOTE originally posted by Lörd Pyrôn

Personally, I think that unless the artists state that you have ask for permission to use it, it's free to use because it shows that they don't mind if you use it. Quick question though: Do I still have to ask permission if I use the url tags instead of displaying the image using [*img]?
Since you haven't said that you don't want me to come to your home and steal a varying number of your belongings, I'm going to come to your house and remove them from your possession, because by your logic, you haven't stated that you don't want me to, so it's perfectly fine. But it isn't really. Is it.

Nnnnnnnope!
Kudos to the people that are getting it and helping us to explain! Gold Stars, ahoy!
OceanBound's AvatarOceanBound
Can someone tell me if I'm reading this right? In the case of commissions and bought art (therefore, I own the art now), I don't have to credit, although the staff would prefer I did? Right? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm reading. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now, uh... Is proof of permission required for all instances where my boyfriend draws me something? He's verbally said it's alright, since we live together. So, would that work? Or would I need him to provide a written source to show that I have permission to use it?

Pages: 12345678··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page