PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 111213

KikiTheCat's AvatarKikiTheCat
Jirachi91 I assume that that should be fine. I don't think anyone would raise questions over the username they see in the permission. :3
Sableye hunt has begun~! [Avatar Made Here][MCA Post][The Hoarders Association][Kiki's Hunts - A Trade Shop]
[Credits
Background by KikiTheCat - Free to use - Sableye image is official image retrieved on PokeStatium - All sprites by Kiki
]
LYagami777's AvatarLYagami777
I'm a little embarrassed to ask, and I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but I was hoping you could clarify what "using" the art means. Does that just mean posting the art like this:

Random thing my niece made in paint

Or does it also count posting a link to the page which it is on like this: Random thing my niece made in paint Information on the artist could be found on the page, so there shouldn't be any need to credit them. Also, there wouldn't be any questions on whether the art is yours or not. The picture isn't on the forum where the link was posted, so is that still considered "using" the picture? If it's not, then you shouldn't need permission, right? After a quick review of this post, I realized I'm not sure if I need to provide permission for this picture. My niece is 7, and made this picture for me. Knowing that, is there anything I need to do to credit her? Do I need to/How could I credit MS Paint? Another question I would like to ask is, is it possible to report a single post for copyright infringement? Once again, I'm sorry if these are obvious, but I want to understand all the rules before I get banned.
Amitia's AvatarAmitia
Ugh, I do keep coming out wrong. Long story short... I think that art theft is wrong. I always have and always will credit the artist, and it is sad that most people do not. And I did not intend to resist the rules. And I hope you can implement them effortlessly.
FirstOneAdora's AvatarFirstOneAdora
How can we ask an artist on Reddit? I've never used that site before and I don't see where to ask or message them
Avatar drawn by myself http://korrasforevergirl.tumblr.com/private/133169378239/tumblr_nxs9p7Telo1ry28t0 "Good luck finding anything melanistic, because i doubt you will."
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
If you can't get the permission from the artist, you can't use the piece of art. Sei also stated this in her post on the 4th page, but I do believe it would good to add that note to the first post of this thread as well Edit 1: Maybe it could help if the first post also contains information about using official art from anime, gifs, memes, etc. Edit 2: ugh, the post may seem a bit weird, it was a reply to the question what to do when the artist was inactive, but it seems the post with the question has been edited >_< still, I think that piece of information could be added to the first post so it's clear for everyone
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

If you can't get the permission from the artist, you can't use the piece of art. Sei also stated this in her post on the 4th page, but I do believe it would good to add that note to the first post of this thread as well Edit 1: Maybe it could help if the first post also contains information about using official art from anime, gifs, memes, etc. Edit 2: ugh, the post may seem a bit weird, it was a reply to the question what to do when the artist was inactive, but it seems the post with the question has been edited >_< still, I think that piece of information could be added to the first post so it's clear for everyone
It turns out two out of three people that posted the full thing on tumblr did not source it and they were both unactive, but luckily I scrolled down and someone did source it with reddit. I've sent them a message. What's worse is how the uncredited post on tumblr gets hundreds of notes, but the credited and/or original gets like 21 at most.
Persephone's AvatarPersephone

QUOTE originally posted by AsamiSato

How can we ask an artist on Reddit? I've never used that site before and I don't see where to ask or message them
Reddit isn't the greatest place to get images since it's a lot like tumblr. People will find images online and then repost it without proper attribution. There's no guarantee that whoever posted it is the true artist since art theft and other image stealing is rampant in order to generate "karma" and people have a tendency to lie on there a lot. That being said, if you do manage to find the original artist on reddit, you can message them if you have a reddit account. It takes about two minutes to make one.
people will stare make it worth their while
avatar official wallman art (c) boichi signature official raqiya art (c) boichi

QUOTE originally posted by Persephone

QUOTE originally posted by AsamiSato

Reddit isn't the greatest place to get images since it's a lot like tumblr. People will find images online and then repost it without proper attribution. There's no guarantee that whoever posted it is the true artist since art theft and other image stealing is rampant in order to generate "karma" and people have a tendency to lie on there a lot. That being said, if you do manage to find the original artist on reddit, you can message them if you have a reddit account. It takes about two minutes to make one.
Apparently it wasn't that person's art either and the art isn't on deviantart. What should I do? I used the source finders and they didn't find it
Meu's AvatarMeu
If you can't find the source, then you can't use it. Still theft, even if you say "well I tried my hardest to find the source but I couldn't find it so credit to whoever made it lol"
shop + journal + credit
if my journal is deleted: Art Credit: Avatar & About Me: Zan Forum Signature: Silver
phone lines follow us, like heartbeats in the dusk hold my hand and gush, sweet landscapes from the bus
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
AsamiSato: Like I said in my post following yours:

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

If you can't get the permission from the artist, you can't use the piece of art.

Pages: 123··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page