PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 111213

Nagito's AvatarNagito
@Tegari:

QUOTE originally posted by Ravyne

Just state that it is official art and where it's from. If we doubt it, we'll just get in contact with the source.
My Links Journal | Mature Journal | Fairy-type Clan Casper | 22 | agender | they/them | INFJ Previously had the PFQ username kittens Avatar art by Ravoilie || Signature art by Turtlo
Ozai's AvatarOzai

QUOTE originally posted by Tegari

Wait, what about official art of anime/manga? My avatar is from a manga... O_o
Good point... other forums don't bother putting up a rule about them unless it's fanart that someone else drew. Mine's from a comic too and it's used on tumblr, other forums, art websites etc as my avatar. It should be fine by internet's norm/standard but I don't know how strict this site plans to be. Though I'm pretty sure this thread was aiming at fanart, which tends to be treated differently since you can buy the manga/comic you got your avatar from. (which is what I did.)
*forever searching for his Ninetails art in his own gallery black hole* Avatar is official art from Avatar the Last Airbender comic series.
Tegari's AvatarTegari

QUOTE originally posted by kittens

@Tegari:

Just state that it is official art and where it's from. If we doubt it, we'll just get in contact with the source.
Yeah, but state where? Is there a need it to be written somewhere that its official? Okay, my avatar maybe not, but some might have some images that are so known that everyone knows where they are from. (Wait, I'm getting more confused, Ima sleep on this before I ask any more stupid questions.)
KikiTheCat's AvatarKikiTheCat
I've run into a problem... One image I'm trying to find the artist of... The only sources I can find are two different DeviantArt accounts. Should I just ask both of them?
Sableye hunt has begun~! [Avatar Made Here][MCA Post][The Hoarders Association][Kiki's Hunts - A Trade Shop]
[Credits
Background by KikiTheCat - Free to use - Sableye image is official image retrieved on PokeStatium - All sprites by Kiki
]
Nagito's AvatarNagito
In regards to avatars:

Apply common sense; if anywhere you use art, source it. If it's in a template, make a journal post. If it's an avatar, signature. It isn't difficult.
So for your avatars, your signature would be the easiest place to state that. For me, since I use multiple images for avatars, templates, etc, I have a journal post for them. I'm not sure what Ravyne / other moderators who'll be looking after this issue prefer but most likely it's best just to have it somewhere easily accessible.

QUOTE originally posted by KikiTheCat

I've run into a problem... One image I'm trying to find the artist of... The only sources I can find are two different DeviantArt accounts. Should I just ask both of them?
Personally, I'd contact the person who posted the image first as they're more likely to be the original artist, unless there's proof that both deviantART accounts are owned by the same person.
Venefica's AvatarVenefica
I have a problem too. If the image is animated, but the animation came from an official source (It's a scene in the anime), does it still counts as a fan art that someone else drew?
SnivyLover's AvatarSnivyLover
What about using a coloring page as an outline for an image ready Doc for my "about" section? I took the line art off the site and finished the image (the original image is pretty much gone) which looks like this->http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s8scon&s=5 (still learning to code, it's a URL)
Avatar is from Pokemon Conquest by Nintendo
CutePichu's AvatarCutePichu
What about the Pichu in my signature? Is that something that should be sourced?
The pic I'm using as my avatar is by Marie-Chan. From the Advent Calendar.
Electric Gems 40/100
Click my unevolved pokemon please? They're sorted and stacked in the first field!
Red Eyes's AvatarRed Eyes
Are the gif stamps in my About Me and my avatar okay?
Journal Join the Click-A-Holics? Shiny Dex Trades Avatar is official Pokemon art.
Sesshømaru's AvatarSesshømaru
Just so I can be having a clear name, if anyone wants to blame me, On Photobucket any pic's that are linked to "LotusTheWolf" (I do think that's my user name) are most likely made on these Dress up "blank" sites, or, have been a slightly edited on there, so, yeah, Like the pic of sesshie for a user avatar, that one's edited as well as the one on my profile. So. Sesshomaru will be listing to what ever the Mods say on this, to me, and I will do what ever I can to make you happy with me :)

Pages: 12345··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page