PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 111213

Jeevas221B's AvatarJeevas221B
If we have a template or something with an image of a roleplay character on it, would we have to source it every time? For example, my character, Sage, was made as a virtual adopt by ensoul on DeviantArt. Would I have to credit them every time I used the character?
Nagito's AvatarNagito
Thanks for posting this, Ravyne! I've already got my journal entry for art credit and proof of permissions. I don't think a lot of people realize just how serious of an issue this is, so hopefully this forum post will help people realize it. Question: Should my journal entry be linked somewhere specific? Is there a place we can post a link to our proof / sourcing so that you or anyone else keeping an eye out for art theft can easily find it?
My Links Journal | Mature Journal | Fairy-type Clan Casper | 22 | agender | they/them | INFJ Previously had the PFQ username kittens Avatar art by Ravoilie || Signature art by Turtlo
Ozai's AvatarOzai
{edit] Figured it out. Why did I have to clean out my gallery????? *facepalms* This also reminds me that I have to make a commissions post here.... Thank you for being an effective admin. I'd hire you.
*forever searching for his Ninetails art in his own gallery black hole* Avatar is official art from Avatar the Last Airbender comic series.
DrkFaerieGFX's AvatarDrkFaerieGFX
Does this apply to templates in general, I sometimes use other peoples art for templates, I always ask permission, but I get rid of my inbox messages on deviant art so there isn't always proof anymore. I always credit them on the template and link back to them. So in this case what would I have to do, it would be a royal pain to have to add those links and that screenshot to the template each time I use it, or if I make a template for a contest etc.
Nagito's AvatarNagito
@MrsLoki; So that I don't have to do it every time the template is used I have a journal entry for crediting art I've used and posting proof of permission to use. That way it's still easily accessible and if there's any issues I can link to the journal entry. That's also why I asked Ravyne if there's a specific place to put a link to things like that.
Would my signature be good for now? Im gonna add one more sprite.
DrkFaerieGFX's AvatarDrkFaerieGFX
only issue is kittens, I don't have the proof for most of the artists I have permission to use anymore because I asked most of them over a year ago for this permission.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by 221B

If we have a template or something with an image of a roleplay character on it, would we have to source it every time? For example, my character, Sage, was made as a virtual adopt by ensoul on DeviantArt. Would I have to credit them every time I used the character?
Every time you use it, you need to source and provide credit.

QUOTE originally posted by kittens

Question: Should my journal entry be linked somewhere specific? Is there a place we can post a link to our proof / sourcing so that you or anyone else keeping an eye out for art theft can easily find it?
I'd keep in in your About Me, if possible.

QUOTE originally posted by FluffytheJoltik

Would my signature be good for now? Im gonna add one more sprite.
The PKCinda one is going to be a pain to verify, but it's on you if you want to change it. Technically it fits the letter of it.

QUOTE originally posted by MrsLoki

only issue is kittens, I don't have the proof for most of the artists I have permission to use anymore because I asked most of them over a year ago for this permission.
If you do not have proof, it needs to go bye-bye. And for everyone else: Instead of filling this thread up with nine thousand and one questions solved by reading the post, let's read the post instead. Apply common sense; if anywhere you use art, source it. If it's in a template, make a journal post. If it's an avatar, signature. It isn't difficult.
Voxumo's AvatarVoxumo
Well I do have one more question. What if the art includes my username? Such as my signature and avatar? Both have Voxumo included in them and my signature even links to my deviantart page where I have copies of the commissioned pieces including links to the original postings by the artist.
Tegari's AvatarTegari
Wait, what about official art of anime/manga? My avatar is from a manga... O_o

Pages: 1234··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page