PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Spriter Applications - CLOSED

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

Klaora's AvatarKlaora
ultra.png

QUOTE originally posted by ScarletWolf-tb

For me personally (because I do agree with you), I appreciate the more casual nature of the offer here. I am applying on the front that I not only love pokemon, but I feel its a great oppurtunity for me to stretch further in my art skills. If the offer were something more professional, I would be too nervous to even try. And considering the nature of this website as a passion project to begin with, I'm more motivated to try and contribute any way I can Final thoughts being, of course, if someone wanting to apply isn't satisfied with little pay, then... don't apply But I do agree that anyone looking to make a career out of art should seek adequate compensation.
I totally understand that. I'm a freelance artist that was interested in possibly helping out in between paid projects because I like the game, but that's a LOT of work upfront. I personally wouldn't even touch a job posting offering $30 an hour with these requirements. On one hand, that means that the job is obviously not for me. On the other, the expectations here are rather extreme. I feel as though submitting a portfolio should be sufficient- as with most any other artist job posting. It's not 1-2 images needed, but 6+ once you count the additional icons and concept art. I certainly don't mean to be a butt or beat a dead horse. Just wish that places would be a bit more considerate of artists. My line of work is a struggle lol
Avatar Ⓒ Klaora 2014. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

QUOTE originally posted by Klaora

I totally understand that. I'm a freelance artist that was interested in possibly helping out in between paid projects because I like the game, but that's a LOT of work upfront. I personally wouldn't even touch a job posting offering $30 an hour with these requirements. On one hand, that means that the job is obviously not for me. On the other, the expectations here are rather extreme. I feel as though submitting a portfolio should be sufficient- as with most any other artist job posting. It's not 1-2 images needed, but 6+ once you count the additional icons and concept art. I certainly don't mean to be a butt or beat a dead horse. Just wish that places would be a bit more considerate of artists. My line of work is a struggle lol
Honestly, I hadn't actually considered the amount of upfront work required for the application. My head space was looking at the work required after being accepted. You make a really good point on that front, and it's given me a new perspective on the opinions being voiced here. I work as a freelance editor, so I'm kinda laughing at myself now looking at the obvious parallel there. It's so frustrating seeing how someone folks are very obviously abusing editors for free access to their work by requesting applicants edit portions of a work in progress to demonstrate their skills. (not saying that is what Pokefarm is doing, btw- just sharing the story to show I can see where you're coming from)
Luxray Café ~~Commissions & Adopts~~
ICEBÜNN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngICEBÜNN
graphics.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
Alright, I have one more question! hopefully my last, but not counting on it For trial 4 (scratch), are we allowed to submit a base stage with two separate evolutions (3 Pokemon total), or do we have to stick to either a base with evolution, single stage w/ gender split, or a pair?
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSei
retiredstaff.pnghypermode.pngmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by FlärînãFåïry

Alright, I have one more question! hopefully my last, but not counting on it For trial 4 (scratch), are we allowed to submit a base stage with two separate evolutions (3 Pokemon total), or do we have to stick to either a base with evolution, single stage w/ gender split, or a pair?
Yes! It's just a minimum 2 requirement, more is welcome. :)
Crowvict's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCrowvict
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
I've got a couple quick questions! What is the workload of sprinters like? Also, does how active we are on the site factor in?
Avatar art was done by PrismPaws on Twitter. Character's belong to Me.
Zweira's AvatarZweira
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I have a question concerning activity as well. Im currently in grad school and so my workload irl is crazy. If I were to be accepted, could I take on spriting assignments projects when I feel like I dont have a heavy burden? Is there a spriting quota that all spriters have to meet?
Avatar made by AngelHeart. Go see her art shop here!
CiaraKitty's AvatarCiaraKitty
elite.png
So, for the recolor, it says I can use a PFQ Fake pokemon. Can I use the same one for one of my repose?
Caydebug's AvatarCaydebug
retiredstaff.pngmaster.pnge.png
Just wanna say that I'm super excited for this! I'd love being able to do art in some official capacity and the anticipation is killing me!
Sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSei
retiredstaff.pnghypermode.pngmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Crowvict

I've got a couple quick questions! What is the workload of sprinters like? Also, does how active we are on the site factor in?
Workload usually varies with what kinds of projects we have going on and what the spriter chooses to take on themselves. It depends on what you mean by active on the site. DO you mean days where you just don't log in, or do you just chat on the forums and don't hunt or anything? As long as communication is maintained in the staff channels, you don't have to be super active on site.

QUOTE originally posted by Zweira

I have a question concerning activity as well. Im currently in grad school and so my workload irl is crazy. If I were to be accepted, could I take on spriting assignments projects when I feel like I dont have a heavy burden? Is there a spriting quota that all spriters have to meet?
Absolutely! You only take what you feel like you can accpmplish in a reasonable amount of time. There's no specific quota, but you are expected to at least finish what you grab.

QUOTE originally posted by CiaraKitty

So, for the recolor, it says I can use a PFQ Fake pokemon. Can I use the same one for one of my repose?
Yep, no restrictions on that.
Crowvict's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCrowvict
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
Thank you for the answers on that! I'm excited!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page