PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Spriter Applications - CLOSED

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Sei's AvatarSei

Applications are now CLOSED

Welp, it's been three years this time! Maybe it'll be four years when we hire again... Future Sei, if it's 2025 by the time we need new artists, we're gunna have a serious talk. >:V Anyway, for those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Sei, the Art Director for the site, and I want to hire YOU! Maybe. Depends. There's a few hoops to jump through. Those specific hoops are listed below:

• Users MUST be 18 or older to apply. However, if you're 17 and a birthday is approaching soon, special consideration maybe be granted.
  • This is primarily a Voluntary position - however compensation is a possibility when the budget allows for it. In addition to this, your work done here can be used as a reference to apply for a job.
  • Access to Discord is mandatory - this is where we do all of our work and converse. You don't need to interact in #official-chat or join any voice calls, but it is expected that you communicate and talk to your fellow staff members in the relevant chats. Communication as a general is also mandatory - if you're going away or generally won't be available, let us know!
  • Minimum requirements can be found in their relevant sections. These requirements are mandatory to be in the running for the position.
  • Feedback will be given for your sprites once you submit your application. After recieving said feedback, you're welcome to re-submit your application. This will help us see how well you respond to criticism and how well it is applied.
  • Upload your work using the on-site Image Uploader.
To submit an application, fill out the form below and send it to me in a PM! Feel free to introduce yourself! Please send IMAGES not LINKS. Permission isn't needed to use our sprites as only I and the current team will see the work. Size restriction is set to 95x95 px as a soft cap and 99x99 px as a HARD
1px margin to allow for Delta glows
cap : [TEMPLATE]
While three examples is the minimum, you may add more to possibly attain a better score.

[b]Trial: Fusion[/b] [b]Sprites:[/b] [img][/img] [b]Trial: Recolor[/b] [b]Sprites:[/b] [img][/img] [img][/img] [b]Trial: Scratch - Pokémon[/b] [b]Sprites:[/b] [img][/img] [img][/img] [b]Trial: Scratch - Type Based AND/OR Theme Based[/b] [b]Sprites:[/b] [img][/img] [img][/img]

Trial 1 - Fusion

Any 3 Sprites Minimum of one complete fusion is required. A minimum of three sprites to be used per fused sprite. This trial will gauge how well the Applicant can blend Pokémon - scratch work is allowed in order to better convey an idea. Applicant is expected to pick three different Pokémon to make one unique sprite. Examples of Fusions: Orthrus, Snoralts, Kyukori, Lunavern 15 points

Trial 2 - Recolor

Any Sprites Minimum of one recolor is required. Recolor an existing Pokémon. Choosing from PFQ's Fakemon selection is allowed. The aim of this trial is to gauge how well the Applicant can make a cohesive palette and keep it visually appealing. Submitting more than one recolor is greatly encouraged. 15 points

Trial 3 - Scratch/ Repose - Pokémon based

Any Sprites Minimum of two sprites is required. The aim of this trial is to gauge the Applicant's ability to stick to the Pokémon style and put it in a different pose. Any Pokémon can be selected. 20 points

Trial 4 - Scratch - Type Based or Theme Based

Sprites
  • Fire/Steel
  • Fire/Water
  • Poison/Fighting
  • Fairy/Dragon
  • Bug/Ghost
  • Bomb
  • Variant
  • Inanimate Object
  • Deep Sea
  • Food
Minimum of two sprites is required. Icons are required. Concept art is required. The aim of this trial is to gauge how well the Applicant can apply multiple skills: Creativity, Consistency, and Capability. Choose one option from either side, as with all trials, more than one submission per category is allowed. Repeats of a typing or theme is allowed provided there are substantial differences. Since this is a two sprite minimum, you can interpret this in different ways: A base stage with an evolution (like Slugma to Macargo), a Single Stage with a gender split (Like Meowstic), or two Pokémon that are part of a pair (like Plusle and Minun). 50 points Thank you and I look forward to recieving your applications! Best of luck! :)
Sei's AvatarSei

Terminology

Word Meaning
Scratch This means you're making a sprite or an image from nothing or with a reference only. Think of 'starting from scratch' [1].
# Frequently Asked Questions
1 I want to apply, but I'm not very good at [x]. Can I still apply?
It might weaken your chances a little, but you can bulk up your application with things you feel much more confidently about even if it will lower your overall score. I would love for you to give your best effort even if you don't feel very confident with it - you might surprise yourself! The current art staff and I will also be providing feedback on these things, so it might help you with this issue.
skylucario's Avatarskylucario
For clarification on the theme/type based section—do the themed ones have to have that type? Or is it like, “you either do the type or the theme,” or do each type and each theme individually? (i’m guessing that it’s the first thing, but just making sure)
all sprites clickable. ^ icon drawn by me. 200
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by skylucario

For clarification on the theme/type based section—do the themed ones have to have that type? Or is it like, “you either do the type or the theme,” or do each type and each theme individually? (i’m guessing that it’s the first thing, but just making sure)
Either type or theme - one of the options. I've edited the first post to clear that up a little.
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
How neat! I suppose this question may not be able to be answered as of yet, as it could be changed... but, would you happen to have a rough estimate of how many spriters you may hire this go around? Just curious was all!
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Iggyzilla tm

How neat! I suppose this question may not be able to be answered as of yet, as it could be changed... but, would you happen to have a rough estimate of how many spriters you may hire this go around? Just curious was all!
Typically around 5, but it mostly depends on the strength of the applicants.
Sùwúshi's AvatarSùwúshi
lasdkjfhsjkd; I am so excited for this. Time to get to work!
Albino Impyre Avatar Art made by Me for Me.
RiverBlossom's AvatarRiverBlossom
I just want to make sure I'm understanding what's needed in the application, because my brain is a little funky and I can't fully tell if I'm reading it correctly: Trial 1 requires three different sprites of the same ONE fusion concept. (eg, if you're merging Onyx and Gyarados, you want to see three different sprites depicting an Onyx-Gyarados fusion. This set of three would NOT include an evolution, like Steelix and Gyarados). Trial 2 requires one recolor of an existing pokemon sprite. Trial 3 requires 2 reposed sprites (doesn't have to be the same pokemon). Trial 4 is the ONLY trial that requires non-sprite art. It requires at minimum exactly 2 pieces of concept (eg non-sprite art) and 2 sprites, one per concept. Do I have all that right?
Silly question, but just clarifying- the art examples are like, pixel art sprites? Edit: Would it be possible to have an example of what a completed submission looks like? I'm a visual person, haha, so I just struggle with overthinking written instructions quite a lot. Thank you!
Luxray Café ~~Commissions & Adopts~~
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
For recolors, we don’t have to recreate an entire sprite, do we? We’re supposed to use a preexisting sprite to then recolor? And for fusions, the same thing? Or do you mean that we take reference from the currently existing sprites and create a fusion from scratch? Just wanted to clarify before I start! I was too afraid to ask questions last time.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page