PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Spriter Applications - CLOSED

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

Zerxus's AvatarZerxus
grandmaster.pngd+.png
What program do the staff like to use to create their pixels? I use photoshop but is there a better program? ^^
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,224,550
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
booster.pngarceus.pngb+.png
Good luck to everyone applying!
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
AsymDoll13's AvatarAsymDoll13
grandmaster.pngc.png
Thanks you so much, Shazi! ^^
Type Race: 0 Profile pic by xaandiir from their artshop (click their name for the shop!) Here thar be Dragons
ThyGengar's AvatarThyGengar
senior.png
The first restriction I read, boom. Sadness.
moonjellytea's Avatarmoonjellytea
elite.pngd.png
Can we submit older art, or must they me made specifically for the application?
* icon from official fate/grand order game
Eggy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEggy
graphics.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
Ooooh this sounds good! I think I ought to give this a try. I've been doing some pixel art as of recently anyway, haha. EDIT:

QUOTE originally posted by saintcrowns

What program do the staff like to use to create their pixels? I use photoshop but is there a better program? ^^
While I'm not part of the staff, I can tell you as an artist that Photoshop is a mighty fine program! No program is inherently "better" at making pixel art - it's really more up to how you use your tool - but there's indeed programs better suited for pixel art. For instance, Aseprite and Pro Motion NG (this is the one I use) are both specifically catered to making pixel art, though they're also paid. But even some free tools like paint.Net and GIMP are good enough to do that :) Heck I even used Clip Studio Paint for my pixel art work before I got Pro Motion NG, haha. So Photoshop should be alright unless you want features unique to pixel art programs.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
Klaora's AvatarKlaora
ultra.png
Wow, that's a lot of spec work for an unpaid position.
Avatar Ⓒ Klaora 2014. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Amarante's AvatarAmarante
elite.png

QUOTE originally posted by Klaora

Im not applying or even remotely a sprite artist, but i was surprised when i saw that in the first post as well. Personally, artists should always be guaranteed compensation for their work. It just sets a good precedent and shows that they're valued. Especially if sprites they create help to draw in money for the site, i think it's expected that they're paid for their work.

QUOTE originally posted by Amarante

QUOTE originally posted by Klaora

Im not applying or even remotely a sprite artist, but i was surprised when i saw that in the first post as well. Personally, artists should always be guaranteed compensation for their work. It just sets a good precedent and shows that they're valued. Especially if sprites they create help to draw in money for the site, i think it's expected that they're paid for their work.
For me personally (because I do agree with you), I appreciate the more casual nature of the offer here. I am applying on the front that I not only love pokemon, but I feel its a great oppurtunity for me to stretch further in my art skills. If the offer were something more professional, I would be too nervous to even try. And considering the nature of this website as a passion project to begin with, I'm more motivated to try and contribute any way I can Final thoughts being, of course, if someone wanting to apply isn't satisfied with little pay, then... don't apply But I do agree that anyone looking to make a career out of art should seek adequate compensation.
Luxray Café ~~Commissions & Adopts~~
socksmuggler's Avatarsocksmuggler
champion.png
quick question pertaining to guidelines! for fusions, are we allowed to use PF sprites for pokemon that was after the switch to 3D games? i've got a few thoughts in mind, but wanted to know before i settled on anything solidly!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page