PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Spriter Applications - CLOSED

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Spriter Applications - CLOSED >

QUOTE originally posted by Amarante

QUOTE originally posted by Klaora

Wow, that's a lot of spec work for an unpaid position.
Im not applying or even remotely a sprite artist, but i was surprised when i saw that in the first post as well. Personally, artists should always be guaranteed compensation for their work. It just sets a good precedent and shows that they're valued. Especially if sprites they create help to draw in money for the site, i think it's expected that they're paid for their work.
For me personally (because I do agree with you), I appreciate the more casual nature of the offer here. I am applying on the front that I not only love pokemon, but I feel its a great oppurtunity for me to stretch further in my art skills. If the offer were something more professional, I would be too nervous to even try. And considering the nature of this website as a passion project to begin with, I'm more motivated to try and contribute any way I can Final thoughts being, of course, if someone wanting to apply isn't satisfied with little pay, then... don't apply But I do agree that anyone looking to make a career out of art should seek adequate compensation.
Luxray Café ~~Commissions & Adopts~~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page