PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 30313233

Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26

QUOTE originally posted by Pokekids2

Albino could be White Colored Melanistic should be....Shinite
white colored implies all albino pokemon are white which is not true There are quite a few non white albinos like lucario and shinite is too simialr to shiny
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
AutumnSheep's AvatarAutumnSheep
Just keep the names. It wouldn't make sense to change the names everyone has gotten used to. And personally it'd be enough to drive me off the site.
castrnaut's Avatarcastrnaut
i really like the proposal for pastel and shaded for the new albino/melan terms. pastel implies light, low saturation colors and shaded implies darkened without necessarily being black.
Honestly I like the current names better, but here are my suggestions for names: Albino - Pale Melan - Void (these are my suggestions for names, although I prefer the current ones)
welcome Raiden - she/he/they /url]
Dark Gem

Dark Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A gem with an essence of darkness.

Sells for 10

Lv. 65 — 8,394 / 16,089
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FightingGhost
Happiness 27%
Lax nature
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn
Looking at the list, most of the suggestions are kinda poor and just don't sound right. The only two that do stand out to me personally are Aurora and Umbra.
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸
I did some research of my own and wanted to know if Leviora sounded decent for Albino, and Myrkur for Melan. Leviora is Latin for "lighter" as albinos are, well, lighter versions of their species. Myrkur is Icelandic for "dark". Same logic as the first one. Rather simple but they both sound kinda cool.
Yeet.
carp's Avatarcarp
"warm" or "warmed" for melans maybe? darker colors feel kinda warmer if that makes sense. the only issue is that it may sound like it implies warmly hues (i.e. tints of orange, red, brown, yellow, etc). in that case, toasted is already suggested by someone else on the list who was also thinking pretty much the same thing i was when i was thinking "warm." and how about "ashen" for albinos? whatever you decide for albinos, it might be cool to have the name of melans somehow relate to both shiny and (the new) albino names, since melans are basically what happen when you get... both! a name that somewhat goes along with this while also still describing the appearance of the pokémon would be super cool. idk how specifically you could do that though honestly
my avatar is always my own art.
I think albino and melanistic work fine. The real-world definitions of these words simply mean a lack of (albino) or excessive amount (melanistic) of pigment, not necessarily completely black and white. While the first thing you probably think of is an animal with pure white or black fur, there are times (in humans and otherwise) where that's just not the case.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Herbert Forum avatar was a commission for me by @Bennnry on Instragram!
Raven Child's AvatarRaven Child
what about iridescent for albino and blacklight for melanistic? (as in the blacklight posters that use dark colors with bright colors)
To be honest I would want to keep them as is. I don't mean to offend anyone but it could take some getting-use to the new ones, and some of them are too complicated and fancy, or simple and plain.
avatar of my oc mocha by aminahhime. art of mocha by Leon Albertus. custom signature coded by vinn
Call me Kara! I love Skitty and my friends! Dex Shop Joint Shop Journal!

Pages: 123··· 30313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page