PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to re-roll your typerace team order

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12345678

Mischevïous's AvatarMischevïous
master.pngd.png
Perhaps it could be like Wonder Trade? Like, to prevent inequality on the number of players on the team. (Idk if this would cause lag :shrug:) So here's an example: You click on your type race button. then, it says "reroll order?" or something like that. When you hit "reroll", it will say "waiting for another player!"? Idk, again, this is technically swapping routines with a random player ;^^
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
Bump
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
I had no idea that the type race system even worked this way until now. The type race description says "You will be assigned to a random Team. For one week, you can hatch Eggs matching your Team's type to score points for your Team." I always thought that this meant every month you were randomly assigned a team, I never realized that there was a set order you always followed. That makes it much less exciting. I fully support some sort of change to change up the order. With the way the current system is, you always are going to be on the same team with the same people correct? This would mean that for certain type races you will have hardly any chance of winning if you are always on that type team with people who do not participate
My profile picture is me playing trumpet. I currently have nothing else to put here so, I like music, video games, and potatoes. Check out my trade shop:
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
Bump
rösette's Avatarrösette
master.pngc+.png
support; this would be a great addition, especially for users like me who have never been on a winning typerace team before. all the teams i've been on, this month's being the 18th, i've never won a single race, and was only close to winning once (i believe it was team dragon; we were like 5k from 1st). ♥
rosette | they she he | jolly JOURNAL + buying: summon_vic.png - 20zc, summon_cob.png - 30zc, summon_vir.png 20zc; see shop. av @trashiloveyou twt ; button by me ♥
Starblaze's AvatarStarblaze
master.pngd+.png
I love this idea! I've gone through several cycles already and it's not fun dreading that on certain teams, I know I'm near the bottom and won't be anywhere close to the team goal. It's really unmotivating for me to participate. Getting randomly reassigned each cycle would also keep things fair since currently, someone could be on the winning team each time forever.
Credits
July Trophy: Jolleon November Trophy: Volcarona
Team flying.png: 435 b.png 5.png g.png
topmarks's Avatartopmarks
ultra.png

QUOTE originally posted by Starblaze

Getting randomly reassigned each cycle would also keep things fair since currently, someone could be on the winning team each time forever.
i'm new, so forgive me, but: isn't that impossible? the way i understood this, everyone is on every team once in a random order (then the order becomes fixed the next go around) if everyone has to go through every team, doesn't that make it impossible to be on the best team every time?
arbor's Avatararbor
arceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by topmarks

QUOTE originally posted by Starblaze

Getting randomly reassigned each cycle would also keep things fair since currently, someone could be on the winning team each time forever.
i'm new, so forgive me, but: isn't that impossible? the way i understood this, everyone is on every team once in a random order (then the order becomes fixed the next go around) if everyone has to go through every team, doesn't that make it impossible to be on the best team every time?
I explain badly without examples, so here's my type race order: Dark -> Ghost -> Steel -> Fighting -> Water -> Normal -> Ground -> Ice -> Fire -> Electric -> Poison -> Rock -> Fairy -> Grass -> Bug -> Psychic -> Dragon -> Flying I'm team Dark this month. The winning team of each race is the team with the most points. That's all there is to it. So, it's hypothetically possible that for the next 18 months, those will be the winning teams, in that order. Very unlikely, but possible. It's also possible that Team Fire could win every single type race, so every user would get a chance to win. There isn't any set order to the wins, it's just based on score, so it is a very small possibility that somebody's team could always win. But in my opinion, that's such a small chance it's probably not random, and it probably means that user worked really hard and contributed a lot to their team each month, so they deserve the win, that's the point of the race ya know. And I don't think reshuffling teams would solve that "problem" of some users...working too hard??? Putting too much effort into TR? I get the other points brought up in this thread but I don't think that one in particular is a good argument in favor of this suggestion.
arbor ☼ journalflying.png: 985 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
The argument that you'll be on the same team with the same people is also flawed. While it's true, it's completely meaningless because eighteen months have passed since last time! Many, many users will have joined and left the game, meaning that the team is very different in composition. And those who are still here will likely have different playstyles and activity levels than last time too. Every team has an equal shot at succeeding, but if you go into the type race already resigned to "not winning" (which is true of 17 out of 18 teams) then you won't enjoy it, and it'll be your own fault that you didn't enjoy it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
VibravaX's Avatarhypermode-12.pngVibravaX
hypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
Sorry for bumping such an old suggestion, but I wanted to voice my thoughts on it because I still think it's a great idea! And the counter-arguments I've seen weren't made against the main reasons why I want to see this added. The problem for me with how things are right now isn't necessarily being on the team with the same people, but rather never being on the team with others. Yes, of course the team composition is going to be different every time your on it, but if your friend is on a different team that month you know you'll never be on the same team for either of those types. And of course with how randomness works you can never guarantee that, in fact you could end up being in less teams together than you were before if you reroll. I just think that, for those who would like to risk it, it should be a possibility. Because for me being on the same team, or even just the idea of the possibility to be on the same team as people I know, gives me more motivation. Also, it's not just the teams were on but the types themselves. Right now whenever certain types come around I just kind of go 'oh right, this again…'. Not necessarily because I dislike the types, but because having them in the same order every time removes a lot of the excitement for me. When I don't know what type is coming up next I can get very excited just to find out. And when I do find out I have the motivation to give it my all, even if turns out it's a type I don't usually like. And really, even if you can't predict when you will have motivation to participate, usually you'll at least know when you have the time to. During summer for example, I typically have a lot more time on my hands to play PFQ. So let's say I know I will have time to play during June, July and August. There would be 9 of the 18 types that I can get during those months. But what if I wanted to give it my all for Grass some time? I can only get that type during October or April. In October I'm usually very busy with school just starting. And my birthday just so happens to be in April, right in the middle of the type race, so I will likely be doing other things during that time. Or maybe one time I'd like to do just that, participate in the type race on my birthday in the hopes for some lucky birthday hatches! But I will never get to do that with one of my favorite types like Dragon, which I only have in August or February. So having the chance to reroll those types would be a lot more fun for me!
3000+ Points Reached. Team Savage Spin-out, March '24.
Tha Ninjah~ Check out my hunt shop!

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page